Colin Cowherd Accuses Papi of Juicing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Colin Cowherd Accuses Papi of Juicing

Cowherd is an idiot, and gives Boston fans a bad name.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:

as for the lobster...I live in Maine. I was buying it right off the boat for 1.65 a pound this summer.

Maine lobster for $1.65 a pound?? Stop it! You're driving me crazy! I'm moving to Maine!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stalino. Show Stalino's posts

I like what someone said the other day, that maybe in the Manny era Ortiz was doping but now no way and how. I look at Ortiz and he is a big man, a natural at hitting home-runs. I don't see him hitting 35 homers a year anymore... I don't see his biceps bulging through his jersey alah Canseco style. 

If a guy phusically looks normal to me it does not send off alarm bells. Ortiz looks like a normal big dude.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Of course he's on PEDs.  Don't be naive.  But a ton of guys are on juice.

if MLB doesn't care, why should you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

Of,  course he's on PEDs.  Don't be naive.  But a ton of guys are on juice.

Any proof, please? Otherwise, you're engaging in mindless speculation. Why is it so difficult to believe that a big man like Papi, who, because he's a DH, is much more rested than regular positional players, cannot perform in a lights out manner? The guy has been a great hitter and a clutch performer in Boston for a decade...not for a season or two!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

as for the lobster...I live in Maine. I was buying it right off the boat for 1.65 a pound this summer.

Maine lobster for $1.65 a pound?? Stop it! You're driving me crazy! I'm moving to Maine!!!

s

We went down to visit my family in machiasport in August. We live about 100 miles north west of them.  We bought nearly 30 lobsters caught that morning and they weighed out at like 40-45 pounds. Our bill?...68.00 and change. I froze 4 pounds and used it and  made a chowder last Thursday and froze a bunch for hunting season. Not to mention we chartered a tuna boat to go deep sea fishing off the coast of Eastport. caught over 100 mackeral for smoking. Nice weekend.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Any proof, please? Otherwise, you're engaging in mindless speculation. Why is it so difficult to believe that a big man like Papi, who, because he's a DH, is much more rested than regular positional players, cannot perform in a lights out manner? The guy has been a great hitter and a clutch performer in Boston for a decade...not for a season or two!

Don't be naive.  I have no proof that Colon was juicing this year but there isn't a doubt in mind that he was.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Coherd treats his speculations like it's breaking news.

He never said a word about Peralta, who infact  got suspended this year and then went on to have a great post season.

Don't forget, Sox win a game and all of a sudden John Lester is a cheater too. No pattern there, huh?

Jay mohr was the only one who didn't run a Ortiz acusing/speculation story, asking why everyone can't just enjoy the post season. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I'm with you Pat. gawd forbid that people can't give david the credit he deserves on the simple fact that he broke his azz in the cage and off the T and looked at tons of film all the while working with the hitting coaches on his mechanics. for cripes sake, the guy is a man of honor. if there was even the slightest chance that he cheated they would have detected it. they can take their juicing acusations and stick em where the sun don't shine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

He just reiterated it on Mike & Mike this morning.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

I've heard Cowherd a few times, usually for about 15 seconds a shot before I can change the station. He strikes me as a pompous synonym for a donkey. A Shaughnessy on the radio. A nattering nabob of negativism (credit here to Spiro Agnew, as Cowherd has been accused of plagiarism as well).

Did anyone bother to ask CC why this week? Why not make the accusations during the ALCS, when Papi was 2-22?

A good hitter gets hot for a week. Stop the presses.

On the other hand, Cowherd has succeeded in what he set out to do; create some controversy and generate some ratings points.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Colin Cowherd has been annoyed me since he was a local broadcast personality here in Portland.

As an aside, my younger daughter, a high school freshman, wanted to see her school's football team so I took her and her friends to this year's season opener. Colin Cowherd was wandering the sidelines with the sports director of the television station directly next to the school. Cowherd, worked worked at the station before joining ESPN, probably was in Oregon to watch his alma mater, FCS power Eastern Washington, upset 25th-ranked Oregon State the following day in Corvallis.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I hope he never steps off the curb in front of me.  I think id freeze and forget how to turn or brake.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:

I've heard Cowherd a few times, usually for about 15 seconds a shot before I can change the station. He strikes me as a pompous synonym for a donkey. A Shaughnessy on the radio. A nattering nabob of negativism (credit here to Spiro Agnew, as Cowherd has been accused of plagiarism as well).

Did anyone bother to ask CC why this week? Why not make the accusations during the ALCS, when Papi was 2-22?

A good hitter gets hot for a week. Stop the presses.

On the other hand, Cowherd has succeeded in what he set out to do; create some controversy and generate some ratings points.

Common sense is not welcome here. Im going to have to ask you to be paranoid, throw empty accusations of doping around, and continue to find negative things about this team rather than enjoy one of the most spectacular turn around in MLB history.Wink

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I do not think Ortiz is juicing. However, it is reasonable to speculate. It is hypocritical for us to accuse others of using, then get bent out of shape when someone accuses our guy. The fact is, any athlete who has a lot of success is going to be questioned by some. That's just how it is these days.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

With his comments, Colin Cowherd has succeeded with objective number one - people are talking about Colin Cowherd. 

Given the past with PED usage in MLB, it's hard to look at anyone these days without questions.  Someone brought up Colon - since when do oft-injured, old pitchers get better with age?  PEDs or no, it at least causes us to raise an eyebrow when a 40 year old guy pitches almost 200 innings with a 2+ something ERA in the American League.     

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

What exactly is Papi accused of juicing with?  Are there any specifics other than that he was one of a hundred mentioned in some report?  Also, have those specifics corroborated by any other source or even by the writers of the report for context and details?  I guess we live in times where muckraking opinions are more valued than facts -- just a reflection of the style of arguments put forth by the political parties.

Red Sox 2013 World Series Champions.  Patriots 2014 Super Bowl Champions???!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to lucbom's comment:

Long ago I made the mistake of tunning in to Cowherd and almost immediately tunned him off.  To me, Colin Cowherd came across as an egotistical fat head and the one comment I have always remember him saying was how ESPN put him up in a 5 star hotel and that he was having lobster for breakfest suposedly because he was a star performer at ESPN.  What a jerk you are Colin Cowherd.

i would say so what?! I have stayed in five star establishments before too. The only difference is that it took me 2 years and 7 hotels to get to five stars.

so he can suk it!!:)

Another Mainer on board!  Welcome!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Colin Coward.  A very appropriate name for a man who hides behind his typewriter while making unfounded accusations about a Major League Baseball player just because that player can hit for power. 

Coward is one of those guys I'd like to see tell Papi to his face what he says in print, and do it in a dark alley.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox4life2280. Show sox4life2280's posts

so how does explain Papi's 2 for 22 against Detroit????  Haters will always hate.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Wednesday morning, on the eve of Game #6, Colin Cowherd strongly implied that Big Papi was tearing it up in the post season because he was juicing. What an arrogant, egotistical jerk.  Anything for ratings, right, Cowherd?  

Papi didn't slug 76 homeruns like Barry Bonds, 50 like Brady Anderson, or even 40. He hit 30, and batted .309, not .350. He was no where near the dominant hitter in the regular season that he was in the post season. Could it be that Papi just rose to the occasion, like ex- Yankee Reggie Jackson used to? Remember that Papi is not a regular player, chasing flies in August in the OF, or turning DPs with guys trying to take him out at second. All he has to do is hit. Could it be that there lies his great advantage, and the reason for his longevity?   

Doesn't anybody get it? This idot hates Boston, the Red Sox and Baseball. His heart (for eaht that's worth) is still lingering somewhere between his beloved "Vegas" and "LA". Why ESPN has this peabrain around, I haven't quite figured out. He DOES get a certain audience who thinks he's a football genius, I suppose.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

Wednesday morning, on the eve of Game #6, Colin Cowherd strongly implied that Big Papi was tearing it up in the post season because he was juicing. What an arrogant, egotistical jerk.  Anything for ratings, right, Cowherd?  

Papi didn't slug 76 homeruns like Barry Bonds, 50 like Brady Anderson, or even 40. He hit 30, and batted .309, not .350. He was no where near the dominant hitter in the regular season that he was in the post season. Could it be that Papi just rose to the occasion, like ex- Yankee Reggie Jackson used to? Remember that Papi is not a regular player, chasing flies in August in the OF, or turning DPs with guys trying to take him out at second. All he has to do is hit. Could it be that there lies his great advantage, and the reason for his longevity?   

Doesn't anybody get it? This idot hates Boston, the Red Sox and Baseball. His heart (for eaht that's worth) is still lingering somewhere between his beloved "Vegas" and "LA". Why ESPN has this peabrain around, I haven't quite figured out. He DOES get a certain audience who thinks he's a football genius, I suppose.
    Exactly. He hates the Red Sox and our fans. Last year he said we were the worst fans in sports because we booed Bobby V late in the year. Plus he's a football guy first.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Don't be naive.  I have no proof that Colon was juicing this year but there isn't a doubt in mind that he was.

So...you're comparing Big Papi to Colon as your "proof" that  Papi was juicing? Talk about being naive...here are Colon's stats over the past decade:  http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/3602/bartolo-colon  

As you can see, after winning 21 games in 2005, the guy did nothing until the A's picked him off of the scrap heap in 2012:

Now...check Papi's stats over the past decade:   http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/3748/david-ortiz  

Quite a bit more consistency, wouldn't you agree? Don't you hate it when facts muddy up the waters, Dirty One??

Sections
Shortcuts