Colon on PED's?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Re: Colon on PED's?

In Response to Re: Colon on PED's?:
    [QUOTE]I hate accusing players of using PED's.  I think the use of is disgraceful, but I think it is totally unfair to speculate on a player soley based on performance.  there are many other factors that can contribute to a players performance. Training, mechanics...even surgery.  How often does a player come back from Tommy John with better velocity than before??? often, which is credited to an expansive rehabilitation program.....so why doesn't a player have the ability to work out, work on their velocity/mechanics and see improvements. Like I said, I hate PED use and sometimes I would except performance as reason to be skeptical but only when it is combined with other factors as well....such as tripling your HR, and drastically changing your body composition in a short period of time.....Colon, doesn't exactly look like the PED type. He could be on PED's, but with out real hard evidence I like to give players the benefit of the doubt. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Well if that were the case maybe we should try to keep Dice K because his velocity should be up to about 98 MPH. Wonder what Strasburg will be up to when he finally makes his next MLB start; could 110 MPH be unrealistic?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

it looks like lester is taking LSD again. explains his wildness last night. can't these guys control themselves? manny, arod, colon, lester, ortiz. god, i'm sick of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]I hate accusing players of using PED's.  I think the use of is disgraceful, but I think it is totally unfair to speculate on a player soley based on performance.  there are many other factors that can contribute to a players performance. Training, mechanics...even surgery.  How often does a player come back from Tommy John with better velocity than before??? often, which is credited to an expansive rehabilitation program.....so why doesn't a player have the ability to work out, work on their velocity/mechanics and see improvements. Like I said, I hate PED use and sometimes I would except performance as reason to be skeptical but only when it is combined with other factors as well....such as tripling your HR, and drastically changing your body composition in a short period of time.....Colon, doesn't exactly look like the PED type. He could be on PED's, but with out real hard evidence I like to give players the benefit of the doubt. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Your post makes complete sense. It is so easy to accuse the opposing players of "cheating". The fact is we have no actual proof that Colon is on PED's. I think the accusation is as baseless as when the Yankee fans say that Oriz is on steroids. They have no proof of that just as we have no proof in Colon's case. I didn't think that Colon pitched all that well last night, it was the bullpen that stood out for them.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Colon on PED's?:
    [QUOTE]How does one account for the sudden emergence of Colon's fastball? Don and Jerry brought that subject up several times during the game. During spring training, Colon struggled to hit 90 mph. Now he is consistantly hitting 95/96 mph. Given the sudden emergence of his fastball coupled with his double chin, bloted face and neck and body for that matter, I think that it is reasonable to suspect that he is taking PED's (performance enhancement drugs). He needs to be throughly tested for PED's. Comments!  
    Posted by lifelongsoxdawg[/QUOTE]
    I don't believe he was fully recovered from the stem cell procedure. Something I've always support but George W. vetoed. Same could be asked of Papi's bat speed this year. They are both from the DR aren't they?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]josh beckett- outside of 2007- has never really been a dominant pitcher during the regular season. Yet this year he has an ERA ~2.3. What's he on? HGH?
    Posted by TexWrecks[/QUOTE]
    I think his back is finally healthy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

He has to be using some sort of PED without question.  The guy is 38 and is gaining mileage on his fastball.  Seems very Clemens-like. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Tiger Woods used Dr. Galea, not licensed in the United States, to do a blood spinning procedure to speed recovery on his injury. He paid Galea to come to Florida and do it in Tiger's residence, where Galea wasn't licensed to pracitce medicine. Galea is now a convicted felon for smuggling HGH and PED's over the Canadian border. But remember, Galea and Galea's attorney say that Tiger only received one of the 4 Galea blood procedures, and that no HGH was used in that procedure. Team Tiger just picked Galea because he was so good at the blood procedure. The fact that Galea is a convicted felon who smuggled HGH is simply a coincidence.  All very much above board. Tiger has never used PED's, because he says so. No reason not to believe him.  
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]
    As a devout Yankee fan, I don't necessarily agree or believe that this was done above board. My two cents.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from )The-Babe(. Show )The-Babe('s posts

[QUOTE]josh beckett- outside of 2007- has never really been a dominant pitcher during the regular season. Yet this year he has an ERA ~2.3. What's he on? HGH?
    Posted by TexWrecks[/QUOTE]

Agreed....not to mention big papi's resurgence and how does a career .290 hitter all of a sudden start hitting .350.

Gotta be the milkshakes.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexWrecks. Show TexWrecks's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : well lets see,  a) he is 30 yrs old  b) his velocity is down not up Please keep bone headed posts like that to yourself. beckett is in his prime, colon is way past his.
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

It's no less bone-heeaded than the original post. I'm being facetious 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : Agreed....not to mention big papi's resurgence and how does a career .290 hitter all of a sudden start hitting .350. Gotta be the milkshakes.......
    Posted by )The-Babe([/QUOTE]

You're not even being realistic.  You have to know that Colon is likely on PED's.  38 years old?  Throwing harder than ever? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : You're not even being realistic.  You have to know that Colon is likely on PED's.  38 years old?  Throwing harder than ever? 
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

We can be suspect of all of the players mentioned here. But again, it is just speculation, we have no proof in any of those cases.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from )The-Babe(. Show )The-Babe('s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : You're not even being realistic.  You have to know that Colon is likely on PED's.  38 years old?  Throwing harder than ever? 

And you need to take off your sawx colored glasses mongo.

A .290 career hitter is now a .350 hitter?

big papi having a renaissance at his age?

you have to know that they are clearly on the PED's, especially given papi's history of PED use and Colon has none. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

you probably don't know this, spc88, but colon is actually 75 years old. if you ask me, hgh, peds, rhino-testosterone, and an analgesic nasal spray made from a cocktail of steroids and 35 stem cell derivatives are at play here. just wondering,  do you discriminate against the elderly?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : I think his back is finally healthy.
    Posted by Bralon[/QUOTE]

he lost at least 35 pounds during the off-season. that's the reason he is pitching at his best this year. and anyone that has had back problems knows what extra weight does for the back. it might be PEDs, but you would have to check with Dr. spc88 about that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : We can be suspect of  all of the players mentioned here. But again, it is just speculation, we have no proof in any of those cases.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

But most likely... Colon is using something.  You don't gain mph on your fastball at age 38 without "help"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : But most likely... Colon is using something.  You don't gain mph on your fastball at age 38 without "help"

You are correct. Like I said, we can suspect all of them.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from (The-Babe). Show (The-Babe)'s posts

[QUOTE]He has to be using some sort of PED without question.  The guy is 38 and is gaining mileage on his fastball.  Seems very Clemens-like. 

And papi having a renaissance at his age. Very bonds-like, especially given papi's history of PED use.

Not to mention the career .290 hitter who is now a .350 hitter.

Got to be the milkshakes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]Colon on hgh ??? Cmon now......even starting that discussion is such whiney and wimpy way of just admiting that he pitched great - and beat a beatable team.  Grow up already - and face the real music kiddies Unreal
    Posted by LoveSox13[/QUOTE]

While I am hesitant to accuse Colon (or any other player) of using PED's without proof, I do not think that he "pitched great" last nite. He pitched well, but make no mistake, it was the bullpen that pitched great for the Yankees last nite. If Colon had been left in the game it certainly looked like he was about to blow it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Colon on PED's?:
    [QUOTE]How does one account for the sudden emergence of Colon's fastball? Don and Jerry brought that subject up several times during the game. During spring training, Colon struggled to hit 90 mph. Now he is consistantly hitting 95/96 mph. Given the sudden emergence of his fastball coupled with his double chin, bloted face and neck and body for that matter, I think that it is reasonable to suspect that he is taking PED's (performance enhancement drugs). He needs to be throughly tested for PED's. Comments!  
    Posted by lifelongsoxdawg[/QUOTE]

All I really care about is the Sox being able to hit Colon which we always do.  The NESN gun had Colon clocked at 96 many times last night so you do still have to wonder what is going on.  Even Orsillo and Remy said he was only throwing 90 a year or two ago.

Colon didn't beat us last night!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Couple years back, after MLB took steroids off the table, the Yankees became a virtual "fountain of youth" with Jeter having a career year, A-Rod getting better from hip surgery without a second procedure that was originally  scheduled, Posada regaining bat speed and hitting .300 and Mariano (well, I think he's from the planet Kryptonite, so I'll leave him off the perp/suspect list). Now washed up Colon's fast ball gains 7-8 mph; had some blood-type procedure on his pitching arm in the DR that was suspect during offseason; interested to know what he's doing in New York for follow up therapy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from (The-Babe). Show (The-Babe)'s posts

[QUOTE]Couple years back, after MLB took steroids off the table, the Yankees became a virtual "fountain of youth" with Jeter having a career year, A-Rod getting better from hip surgery without a second procedure that was originally  scheduled, Posada regaining bat speed and hitting .300 and Mariano (well, I think he's from the planet Kryptonite, so I'll leave him off the perp/suspect list). Now washed up Colon's fast ball gains 7-8 mph; had some blood-type procedure on his pitching arm in the DR that was suspect during offseason; interested to know what he's doing in New York for follow up therapy.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

I believe he's on a steady diet of big papi milkshakes....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : I believe he's on a steady diet of big papi milkshakes....
    Posted by (The-Babe)[/QUOTE]

Is it cool in mom's basement today?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]Couple years back, after MLB took steroids off the table, the Yankees became a virtual "fountain of youth" with Jeter having a career year, A-Rod getting better from hip surgery without a second procedure that was originally  scheduled, Posada regaining bat speed and hitting .300 and Mariano (well, I think he's from the planet Kryptonite, so I'll leave him off the perp/suspect list). Now washed up Colon's fast ball gains 7-8 mph; had some blood-type procedure on his pitching arm in the DR that was suspect during offseason; we interested to know what he's doing in New York for follow up therapy.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Jeter has had one good year (2009) out of the last three and a half, and to the best of my knowledge you are the first to link jeter with PED's -- congratulations on that; Posada has been a complete bust since he signed his 4 year deal; arod is a fraction of the ballplayer he was before the hip surgery and now colon. This thread was started becuase the sox lost last night. Make no mistake about that. But as someone pointed out earlier; it wasn't colon that beat the Sox, it was the bullpen. The game thread also complained about how Lester was squeezed by the umpire all night and that might have worked out differently if he gotten strikeouts in some key situations. The Sox have been having trouble scoring runs all week against all kinds of pitchers. Might I suggest to you that the problem is not in the yankee dugout, but in the one across the field. With that said, I expect these next two games to be just as tight as last night's and expect these two teams to be seperated by no more than a game or two by the time October comes around, with no idea who comes out on top.