Colon on PED's?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifelongsoxdawg. Show lifelongsoxdawg's posts

Colon on PED's?

How does one account for the sudden emergence of Colon's fastball? Don and Jerry brought that subject up several times during the game. During spring training, Colon struggled to hit 90 mph. Now he is consistantly hitting 95/96 mph. Given the sudden emergence of his fastball coupled with his double chin, bloted face and neck and body for that matter, I think that it is reasonable to suspect that he is taking PED's (performance enhancement drugs). He needs to be throughly tested for PED's. Comments!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Re: Colon on PED's?

MLBPA does not allow testing for HGH. Yes, a lot of them are taking it. Colon is a likely candidate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from )TheBabe(. Show )TheBabe('s posts

The samje way we account for big papi having a resurgence......milkshakes of course

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

All I know is right now we are trying to get Bedard and Wakefield to hold us together, while the Yankees are trying to figure out a way to utlilize all six of their on a roll starters.
    The contrast is hard to ignore in the middle of a pennant race!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

True.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya i was wondering the same thing about colon. How is it he can suck for the last 3/4 years and then all of a sudden this year he is throwing harder than he did in his prime and is having a career year at the age of 38. It just doesnt add up. His avg era over his last 4  years prior to joining the yankees was 4.89, and now he is posting a 3.33 in the AL east? Im sorry but he must be on something to be having the kind of season he has had. HGH most likely as the mlb still doesnt not test for it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Colon is actually a robot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiles-all-around. Show smiles-all-around's posts

In Response to Colon on PED's?:
    [QUOTE]How does one account for the sudden emergence of Colon's fastball? Don and Jerry brought that subject up several times during the game. During spring training, Colon struggled to hit 90 mph. Now he is consistantly hitting 95/96 mph. Given the sudden emergence of his fastball coupled with his double chin, bloted face and neck and body for that matter, I think that it is reasonable to suspect that he is taking PED's (performance enhancement drugs). He needs to be throughly tested for PED's. Comments!  
    Posted by lifelongsoxdawg[/QUOTE]

He has been tested...........the tests were negative.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiles-all-around. Show smiles-all-around's posts

In Response to Re: Colon on PED's?:
    [QUOTE]MLBPA does not allow testing for HGH. Yes, a lot of them are taking it. Colon is a likely candidate.
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]

I agree, HGH makes you fatter and fatter, that is a true sign of colon taking hgh

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiles-all-around. Show smiles-all-around's posts

[QUOTE]All I know is right now we are trying to get Bedard and Wakefield to hold us together, while the Yankees are trying to figure out a way to utlilize all six of their on a roll starters. The contrast is hard to ignore in the middle of a pennant race!
    Posted by Celtics1986[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say Burnett is on a roll.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

What kind of injury did he have, because many pitchers come back stronger after Tommy John surgery, but given his age and shape he is in,seems like a little something has been added to induce raise in velocity.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexWrecks. Show TexWrecks's posts

josh beckett- outside of 2007- has never really been a dominant pitcher during the regular season. Yet this year he has an ERA ~2.3. What's he on? HGH?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Hey everybody - innocent until proven guilty!  All we know about Colon is that he had a secret experimental procedure conducted in the Dominican Republic, that the procedure usually involves HGH, and that the clinic in the Dominican Republic has since been shut down, and that somehow the compensation for the procedure is commssion-based on Colon's eventual MLB signing.  It all sounds very above-board to me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Tiger Woods used Dr. Galea, not licensed in the United States, to do a blood spinning procedure to speed recovery on his injury. He paid Galea to come to Florida and do it in Tiger's residence, where Galea wasn't licensed to pracitce medicine. Galea is now a convicted felon for smuggling HGH and PED's over the Canadian border. But remember, Galea and Galea's attorney say that Tiger only received one of the 4 Galea blood procedures, and that no HGH was used in that procedure. Team Tiger just picked Galea because he was so good at the blood procedure. The fact that Galea is a convicted felon who smuggled HGH is simply a coincidence. 

All very much above board. Tiger has never used PED's, because he says so. No reason not to believe him.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

clinic in the Dominican Republic has since been shut down, and that somehow the compensation for the procedure is commssion-based on Colon's eventual MLB signing.

do you have links slomag

last I knew he went to the DR to do the procedure but

the clinic was in the states and still open

also read nothing about it costing anything down the road

they said it was free because it is an experiment

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

[QUOTE]josh beckett- outside of 2007- has never really been a dominant pitcher during the regular season. Yet this year he has an ERA ~2.3. What's he on? HGH?
    Posted by TexWrecks[/QUOTE]

well lets see, 

a) he is 30 yrs old 

b) his velocity is down not up

Please keep bone headed posts like that to yourself. beckett is in his prime, colon is way past his.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]josh beckett- outside of 2007- has never really been a dominant pitcher during the regular season. Yet this year he has an ERA ~2.3. What's he on? HGH?

Thats pretty weak....were talking fb velocity from a 38 yr old that couldnt hit 90 on the gun a few MONTHS ago...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? :   Beckett on PEDs? No question. Look at the season he's having after being toast the last 3 years. There's no other explanation.
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

Right cause his 17-6 2009 record was so horrible how could one think hes not on PED's...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In Response to Colon on PED's?:
    [QUOTE]How does one account for the sudden emergence of Colon's fastball? Don and Jerry brought that subject up several times during the game. During spring training, Colon struggled to hit 90 mph. Now he is consistantly hitting 95/96 mph. Given the sudden emergence of his fastball coupled with his double chin, bloted face and neck and body for that matter, I think that it is reasonable to suspect that he is taking PED's (performance enhancement drugs). He needs to be throughly tested for PED's. Comments!  
    Posted by lifelongsoxdawg[/QUOTE]

Something has to be in the water in New York. In the dog days of summer while the rest fo the league is started to wilt the Yankees start playing like supermen; scoring 18, 19 runs off decent pitching.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

You might be right about Beckett but his velocity is down. His success this year lies in the fact that he's got good movement on his fastball and mixing up all his pitches. Colon comes across almost as a power pitcher this year which is suspect given the fact the guy was over the hill when he pitched for us 2 years ago and didn't even last half a season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : You might be right about Beckett but his velocity is down. His success this year lies in the fact that he's got good movement on his fastball and mixing up all his pitches. Colon comes across almost as a power pitcher this year which is suspect given the fact the guy was over the hill when he pitched for us 2 years ago and didn't even last half a season.
    Posted by RSNS14[/QUOTE]

Not to worry about Colon and Garcia. After this year Steinbrenner will dump his two little Nazi experiments, pick up a few bonafide pitchers and you will never hear from Colon and Garcia again because without Yankee influence they will never attain again what they have this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I hate accusing players of using PED's.  I think the use of is disgraceful, but I think it is totally unfair to speculate on a player soley based on performance.  there are many other factors that can contribute to a players performance.

Training, mechanics...even surgery.  How often does a player come back from Tommy John with better velocity than before??? often, which is credited to an expansive rehabilitation program.....so why doesn't a player have the ability to work out, work on their velocity/mechanics and see improvements.

Like I said, I hate PED use and sometimes I would except performance as reason to be skeptical but only when it is combined with other factors as well....such as tripling your HR, and drastically changing your body composition in a short period of time.....Colon, doesn't exactly look like the PED type.

He could be on PED's, but with out real hard evidence I like to give players the benefit of the doubt.