Colon on PED's?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from (The-Babe). Show (The-Babe)'s posts

Re: Colon on PED's?

In Response to Re: Colon on PED's?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : Is it cool in mom's basement today?
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Ummm...there's no basements in South Florida.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Pri360, in the spirit of your post (mature), I will say that despite being a Red Sox fan, Jeter has been my favorite player for most of his career, but given the sport he plays in is subject to suspicion (just like any biker who wins the Tour de France, etc.). Now, Pedroia has taken Jeter's place as my favorite player who I think represents what baseball is all about. But Colon did have some blood procedure done in the off season that was called into suspicion, although I have not heard any follow up to that reporting.
    2009 Posada -- .285,.885, 22 HR, 88 RBI (his last good year); 2009 Jeter --
    .343, .871,OPS+ 125 (his last very good year), A-Rod your right, his last MVP caliber year was 2008, the year before the hip surgery.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]clinic in the Dominican Republic has since been shut down, and that somehow the compensation for the procedure is commssion-based on Colon's eventual MLB signing. do you have links slomag last I knew he went to the DR to do the procedure but the clinic was in the states and still open also read nothing about it costing anything down the road they said it was free because it is an experiment
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He said that the issue of Colon’s payment for the stem cell procedure had still not been resolved. “We want him to pay, we want this to be a harmonious situation,” Guzman said.

He said the two originally agreed that Colon would pay 4 percent of any future contract for the overall treatment. Colon, who did not pitch professionally last year, has a $900,000 contract with the Yankees.

“We don’t think he can ignore us,” Guzman said. “We helped to get him to where he is today, along with his talent, of course.”

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]
    In the Dominican Republic, the probe there comes as that nation’s health authorities warn they will shut down clinics which continue to offer the therapy, including the one where Colon received treatment. At issue is a lack of scientific evidence of its effectiveness, and stem-cell therapy would remain prohibited until authorized by the Bioethics Health Council, according to Dominican Republic media reports.
    [/QUOTE]

http://m.naplesnews.com/news/2011/jul/09/Zannos-Grekos-Bartolo-Colon-stem-cell-Yankees-MLB/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/14/sports/baseball/baseball-receives-records-on-bartolo-colons-stem-cell-procedure.html
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

fair enough slomag

Purita said he flew to the Dominican Republic and performed the procedures for free, doing it at the behest of a medical technology company based in Massachusetts that he has done business with for several years. Purita, who has used human growth hormone in such treatments, said in an interview that that he had not done so in Colon’s case. The use of human growth hormone is banned by baseball.

“This is not hocus-pocus,” Purita said in an interview here. “This is the future of sports medicine, in particular. Here it is that I got a guy back playing baseball and throwing pitches at 95 miles an hour.”

Purita said that he has treated at least two dozen professional athletes over the years, mostly baseball and football players, and that he has never given any of them H.G.H.

“I just won’t give it to these guys,” Purita said. “I don’t need the stigma and that kind of reputation.”       

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/12/sports/baseball/disputed-treatment-was-used-in-bartolo-colons-comeback.html?_r=4&ref=sports&pagewanted=all

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

I hate to be petty but I didn't want you to think that I missed it

'' that the clinic in the Dominican Republic has since been shut down, ''

health authorities warn they will shut down clinics

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]Pri360, in the spirit of your post (mature), I will say that despite being a Red Sox fan, Jeter has been my favorite player for most of his career, but given the sport he plays in is subject to suspicion (just like any biker who wins the Tour de France, etc.). Now, Pedroia has taken Jeter's place as my favorite player who I think represents what baseball is all about. But Colon did have some blood procedure done in the off season that was called into suspicion, although I have not heard any follow up to that reporting. 2009 Posada -- .285,.885, 22 HR, 88 RBI (his last good year); 2009 Jeter -- .343, .871,OPS+ 125 (his last very good year), A-Rod your right, his last MVP caliber year was 2008, the year before the hip surgery.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

fair enough; I too believe there's got to be more to colons 96 mile an hour fastball than stem cell surgery....... but mlb started investigating him aroung may 15th and they stiil haven't made an allegation; I'm not so sure everybody else should be. After all, MLB did  not spare Pettite, Clemens, Giambi, Knoblach et. al from their findings ...... Arod wasn't supposed to be realeased, but it was.
    Putting things in perspective, the guy is 8 and 6; not 15 and 6 (two of his losses are to the Sox), and putting aside whip, era and the like; he hasn't even won as many games as ............uh........john lackey. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

In Response to Colon on PED's?:
    [QUOTE]How does one account for the sudden emergence of Colon's fastball? Don and Jerry brought that subject up several times during the game. During spring training, Colon struggled to hit 90 mph. Now he is consistantly hitting 95/96 mph. Given the sudden emergence of his fastball coupled with his double chin, bloted face and neck and body for that matter, I think that it is reasonable to suspect that he is taking PED's (performance enhancement drugs). He needs to be throughly tested for PED's. Comments!  
    Posted by lifelongsoxdawg[/QUOTE]

How do YOU know he hasn`t been tested.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : fair enough; I too believe there's got to be more to colons 96 mile an hour fastball than stem cell surgery....... but mlb started investigating him aroung may 15th and they stiil haven't made an allegation; I'm not so sure everybody else should be. After all, MLB did  not spare Pettite, Clemens, Giambi, Knoblach et. al from their findings ...... Arod wasn't supposed to be realeased, but it was. Putting things in perspective, the guy is 8 and 6; not 15 and 6 (two of his losses are to the Sox), and putting aside whip, era and the like; he hasn't even won as many games as ............uh........john lackey. 
    Posted by pri360[/QUOTE]

excuse the typos --

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]I hate to be petty but I didn't want you to think that I missed it '' that the clinic in the Dominican Republic has since been shut down, '' health authorities warn they will shut down clinics
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

My bad - the clinic can stay open provided it never performs another procedure like the one on Colon.  Don't worry - I'm sure the health standards in the US are more relaxed :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : Ummm...there's no basements in South Florida.
    Posted by (The-Babe)[/QUOTE]

There are no basements in South Florida

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : And papi having a renaissance at his age. Very bonds-like, especially given papi's history of PED use. Not to mention the career .290 hitter who is now a .350 hitter. Got to be the milkshakes.

David Ortiz is a career .281 hitter who's hitting .289 this year.  Making up stats I see...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Colon on PED's?:
    [QUOTE]How does one account for the sudden emergence of Colon's fastball? Don and Jerry brought that subject up several times during the game. During spring training, Colon struggled to hit 90 mph. Now he is consistantly hitting 95/96 mph. Given the sudden emergence of his fastball coupled with his double chin, bloted face and neck and body for that matter, I think that it is reasonable to suspect that he is taking PED's (performance enhancement drugs). He needs to be throughly tested for PED's. Comments!  
    Posted by lifelongsoxdawg[/QUOTE]

The Powers that Be in MLB know it but have resisted nailing him to the walls because interest in baseball has dropped significantly.  Not only does the NFL, NBA and NASCAR bury baseball NCAA basketball generates more fans. Baseball is a dying sport and if the puck wasn't impossible to follow in hockey on TV, the NHL would overtake it.  I can't even watch all 9 innings and I played baseball until my junior year in college. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from (The-Babe). Show (The-Babe)'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : David Ortiz is a career .281 hitter who's hitting .289 this year.  Making up stats I see...
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

I was referring to agon you dimwit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

we can talk about who's taking what, and yeah its pretty obvious Colon is having some outside help but the fact is, were now in second. PEDs or not, Yanks took game 1.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : I was referring to agon you dimwit.

Ohhhh so you're accusing of A-Gon of using steroids because his average is up.  Perhaps that's because he's in a better lineup now?  You do realize his HR numbers are way down this year.  Isn't that usually what steroids influences the most?

Pretty pathetic attack at A-Gon...

Oh and there's a difference between there's and there are

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]we can talk about who's taking what, and yeah its pretty obvious Colon is having some outside help but the fact is, were now in second. PEDs or not, Yanks took game 1.
    Posted by myaim45[/QUOTE]

Who's that smokeshow in your username icon?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from (The-Babe). Show (The-Babe)'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : Ohhhh so you're accusing of A-Gon of using steroids because his average is up.  Perhaps that's because he's in a better lineup now?  You do realize his HR numbers are way down this year.  Isn't that usually what steroids influences the most? Pretty pathetic attack at A-Gon... Oh and there's a difference between there's and there are

I'm just using the same logic that many of the members of the red flops nation use.

He's doing better and he's not on my team so it must be the PED's.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : I'm just using the same logic that many of the members of the red flops nation use. He's doing better and he's not on my team so it must be the PED's.

Yeah but look what you're comparing:

AGon:  In his prime, new team/new lineup, jump in average but drop in HR totals

Colon:  38 years old, first year back since 2009, throwing harder than ever

Which of the two seems like a more likely PED candidate?

Idiot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : I'm just using the same logic that many of the members of the red flops nation use. He's doing better and he's not on my team so it must be the PED's.

What sort of PED increases your batting average but not your power numbers?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : What sort of PED increases your batting average but not your power numbers?
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

He's a complete idiot as always.  I don't expect him to respond on this one...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CORRADJ. Show CORRADJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : Thats pretty weak....were talking fb velocity from a 38 yr old that couldnt hit 90 on the gun a few MONTHS ago...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Exactly, not to mention that Beckett has actually lost 3-5 mph off his fastball, he's just a better pitcher now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : Exactly, not to mention that Beckett has actually lost 3-5 mph off his fastball, he's just a better pitcher now.
    Posted by CORRADJ[/QUOTE]

Babe obviously knows how big of an idiot he is so he's going to crawl back into his hole on this thread.  Don't expect a response from him because that's what he tends to do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from (The-Babe). Show (The-Babe)'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : What sort of PED increases your batting average but not your power numbers?
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

LOL....PED's don't just effect power. They also contibute to having less downtime that would enhance the player's ability to perform at a high level on a daily basis, thus helping to increase one's batting average.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from (The-Babe). Show (The-Babe)'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon on PED's? : Babe obviously knows how big of an idiot he is so he's going to crawl back into his hole on this thread.  Don't expect a response from him because that's what he tends to do.

Just like evrything else in your life, you were wrong on this one as well.

It must get tiring to be wrong all the time like you. But I have to say, at least you are consistent.