Colon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Colon?

This guy has to be doing something for that arm that we all know died five years ago.  Where is the "honest Mr. Selig" when you need him :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: Needle marked Colon?

He left today after 6 with 0 ER and 6 K's with a 4-0 lead. Amazing, normally the first start after a DL stint is shaky.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Colon's performances are a mixed bag - the better he pitches, the more he forces MLB's hand.  If he was effective but not dominant, it could be a non-story, but after today his ERA is down to 2.88, and everybody who sees him for the first time has the same reaction - this shouldn't be possible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

totally agree, no player has ever come back and had a season like this.  It is impossible for a clean athlete to recover from injuries and be this good.  Why aren't the yankees tested like all the other teams.  there has to be at least 16 guys juicing on that team this year.  It isn't fair that they aren't tested like the rest of MLB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

no question in my mind that Bartolo is on some sort of drug or enhancer. It's Clemens-esque.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

yes, great comparison.  he is playing like Clemens and bonds and mcguire and giambi and pettitte and sosa and gradyson and teixiera and canseco and all the other juicers.  the evidence is overwelming.  WHY WON'T THEY SUSPEND HIM?  I DON'T GET IT.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

As a Sox fan...this is all sour grapes. If he tests positive at some point, then he, and the Yankees, and the league deserve all the criticism. But now? A whole lot of whining about a player doing well for another team.

Just like I knew his body wouldn't hold up, I know this won't last much longer. If it DOES continue all season, well you can either mark it up to one of the most remarkable comeback stories ever in baseball, or decide he must have juiced. Either way, quit whining. Beckett? Ortiz? P.E.D.roia? You can fabricate steroid issues about Sox players as well...or in the case of Ortiz point to history. As with Arod.

Baseball is dirty...cleaner than it was, but still dirty. To single out any single player or team is somewhat foolish.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon?:
    [QUOTE]As a Sox fan...this is all sour grapes. If he tests positive at some point, then he, and the Yankees, and the league deserve all the criticism. But now? A whole lot of whining about a player doing well for another team. Just like I knew his body wouldn't hold up, I know this won't last much longer. If it DOES continue all season, well you can either mark it up to one of the most remarkable comeback stories ever in baseball, or decide he must have juiced. Either way, quit whining. Beckett? Ortiz? P.E.D.roia? You can fabricate steroid issues about Sox players as well...or in the case of Ortiz point to history. As with Arod. Baseball is dirty...cleaner than it was, but still dirty. To single out any single player or team is somewhat foolish.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

You're mis-informed.  For those who are not aware, Colon underwent a medical procedure last year that involved injecting stem cells into his elbow.  The procedure usually involves HGH, but the doctor performing the procedure insists this was not the case with Colon's procedure.  The procedure was done in secrecy in the Dominican Republic, and was not divulged until Colon's agent contacted the Yankees after he was informed the New York Times was about to break the story.  The Yankees, in turn, notified MLB.  MLB is currently investigating the procedure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

'' As a Sox fan...this is all sour grapes.''

thanks ma6dragon9

this board has been having a bad week or so

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Needle marked Colon?:
    [QUOTE]This guy has to be pumping something into that arm that died five years ago.  Where is the "honest Mr. Selig" when you need him :)  Let's see 4th of July? My guess is at the Steinbrenners Yacht club.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

so what exactly are you saying craze

that colon is the only has been

that has ever tried 'using' to get back to mlb

and what could you possibly want a commissioner to do

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Needle marked Colon? : so what exactly are you saying craze that colon is the only has been that has ever tried 'using' to get back to mlb and what could you possibly want a commissioner to do
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Colon should be suspended pending the results of the investigation.  Or his contract should be voided by MLB - in the wake of the steroid era, do you believe the responsible thing to do is to turn a blind eye when a player has a secret operation in another country?  How many players in their mid-30s will "retire" for a year, and come back playing like they did in their prime?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Needle marked Colon? : so what exactly are you saying craze that colon is the only has been that has ever tried 'using' to get back to mlb and what could you possibly want a commissioner to do
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Not saying anything but it's a bit strange pinstripe.  I can't think of too many/if any has been pitchers that have ever regained this kind of arm strength after losing it.

Even the average Yankee fan should see this is not the norm.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Hear that Zac? He starts a bogus thread then says "he's not saying anything".
    Again, he claims to work for the RedSox organization.
    He claims Theo is a liar.

We have a real BS'er in our midst.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

I was watching a little of the NYY game this afternoon. Colon looked good. He has a lot of confidence. He's all puffed out and  slow walking. He's got swagger.....you know like Papi. He's kinda funny.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Colon left baseball.  Quit the Sox, went back to the Dominican.  And came back a super man. 

They don't test you when you quit.  And they don't test you in the dominican when a doctor is giving you stem cell injections.

You have to be blind not to see where this is going.  I don't care if you are a Yankee fan or not.  If he hadn't said "stem cells", which to date do NOT work by injecting them and having them repair all the tissues underneath, then MLB wouldn't be so suspicious. 

How inane that some of you think this is possible.  Those doctors in the Dominic would be SAVING LIVES, not dicking around with a fat baseball player's career, if this really worked.  But then again, a stupid fat baseball player with a ton of money is a good target for this type of rippoff, eh?

It smells so badly of steroids it isn't funny. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]                         I was watching a little of the NYY game this afternoon. Colon looked good. He has a lot of confidence. He's all puffed out and  slow walking. He's got swagger.....you know like Papi. He's kinda funny.
    Posted by eggplants[/QUOTE]

Its just something I have personally never witnessed before.  I have seen young pitchers recover from surgery or a tired arm and regain strength but never an older veteran without surgery or much rest.  If finding this strange bothers a few Yank fans its not my intention just my personal observation.

Maybe another poster knows of a player in history like this?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Yankee--Redsox Rivalry PED Flowchart Player performs better than recent seasons If Player == Red Sox      Whiners above sing his praises as a find else If Player == Yankees     Whiners above cry foul without due course 
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

nhsteven, I would say the same thing even if a miracle like this happened to Schill but his situation was much more believable.  Can you personally remember a situation like this?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : You're mis-informed.  For those who are not aware, Colon underwent a medical procedure last year that involved injecting stem cells into his elbow.  The procedure usually involves HGH, but the doctor performing the procedure insists this was not the case with Colon's procedure.  The procedure was done in secrecy in the Dominican Republic, and was not divulged until Colon's agent contacted the Yankees after he was informed the New York Times was about to break the story.  The Yankees, in turn, notified MLB.  MLB is currently investigating the procedure.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

I'll own my ignorance about this, thanks for the info.

However, suspended pending the results? What about innocent until proven guilty?

If he lasts all year, I too will think something is amiss, but my main point is to not be so quick to point fingers. There are too many dirty players across baseball, and it's a shame that clean players get looked at skeptically, and not lauded as much as they deserve because of what this league has done. Jose Bautista anyone? If anything raises an eyebrow, it's him, but it's not fair to continually question the guy. It's really not fair to question anyone. All we can really, and fairly do as fans is keep those comments to ourselves, and unleash the fury on the players who DO test positive, of which there are plenty. Manny and Palmeiro will forever be my two biggest frauds, and Clemens and Bonds will likely find themselves on that list, but without concrete proof, there's too much of it all across baseball to single out a few here and there.

Charlie Sheen took roids for Major League! Talk about devotion to accuracy in his role.

I will say that the testing is still inadequate. Why not just test every player every week? Why not test for HGH? The union knows how dirty they are, that's why they agree to nothing, that's why it's so unfair to go after a select few. I guarantee there are guys juicing who are still 5th starters and utility infielders, but they get a pass?