Colon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Re: Needle marked Colon?

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Okay, clearly there are not 16 players on the Yankees juicing, but come on? How old is Colon? 38? He hasn't had a good year since 2005 and he just took a year off and now he comes back and dominates the league like its 2005? And you're stretching it a bit with Beckett, Ortiz, and Pedroia. Beckett's velocity has dropped noticably in the last few years like its supposed to when you get into your early 30's. Ortiz has been going at this pace since about 07, the only difference is this year he is hitting lefties. Steroids don't help you hit lefties better. And Pedroia? He's the smallest guy on the team, and this is actually the worst year of his career. But I also don't think A-Rod in on steroids or HGH or whatever. He is performing just like you would expect an aging A-Rod to play.
    Posted by b126962[/QUOTE]

Ortiz is batting .302 while in the last 3 seasons he has hit .264, .238 and .270.  I guess he just gets better with age.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Okay, clearly there are not 16 players on the Yankees juicing, but come on? How old is Colon? 38? He hasn't had a good year since 2005 and he just took a year off and now he comes back and dominates the league like its 2005? And you're stretching it a bit with Beckett, Ortiz, and Pedroia. Beckett's velocity has dropped noticably in the last few years like its supposed to when you get into your early 30's. Ortiz has been going at this pace since about 07, the only difference is this year he is hitting lefties. Steroids don't help you hit lefties better. And Pedroia? He's the smallest guy on the team, and this is actually the worst year of his career. But I also don't think A-Rod in on steroids or HGH or whatever. He is performing just like you would expect an aging A-Rod to play.
    Posted by b126962[/QUOTE]

I would agree we probably have juicers all over the league and I don't see baseball ever controlling all the enhancments on the market.  Colons case is much different because it simply doesn't happen.  If it's proven that some overseas genius has invented an operation that can extend a veteran pitchers career than tell us more.

It makes more sense than telling everyone you had a new procedure that cured everything but I really don't want to talk about it in detail.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : This is a good observation.  With all the PED's being passed around the Sox clubhouse you would think they should be in first place, it just shows how bad their team would really be without all of the drugs they are using.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

Sorry Camel, but you're wrong; you sound almost as bad as CYDI. IMO, there are still a few players on every team doing something; but that's besides the case.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : I would agree we probably have juicers all over the league and I don't see baseball ever controlling all the enhancments on the market.  Colons case is much different because it simply doesn't happen.  If it's proven that some overseas genius has invented an operation that can extend a veteran pitchers career than tell us more. It makes more sense than telling everyone you had a new procedure that cured everything but I really don't want to talk about it in detail.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

+10000

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

"Assume Colon's surgery was all legit...just assume for a moment, as you're so quick to assume the opposite."

Where did I post ANYTHING that would suggest that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Sorry Camel, but you're wrong; you sound almost as bad as CYDI. IMO, there are still a few players on every team doing something; but that's besides the case.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Not everyone is using them, I'm sure Wakefield is clean.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbpatriotsfan. Show wlbpatriotsfan's posts

Re: Colon?

Living in New Jersey, I've read a number of articles about Colon's preparation and work ethic.  Everything I've read in this thread sounds like sour grapes.  Give the guy some credit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Morning jete, I jokingly started this threadand have to apologize.  I never intended it to upset Yankee fans.  I wrote it "in part" because the Colon situation does sort of stand out in history as being a bit unusual and also the fact "Selig" has always been one to use the blind eye approach to this type of thing. I think an investigation is warranted any time a player has this type of turn around without any real medical explanation.  Do you feel Colon and the Yanks are owed an apology if Colon has been reluctant to give an in depth explanation of the procedure, or what medication may be involved?  I would "only if" Colon has cooperated willingly and honestly throughout the proceedings.

Now it's a joke.
    Just like THEO is a liar.

Just like Theo fully backed the Hanley deal and wanted Hanley out of town.
    Just like you work for the RedSox organization.

Bullsh*t   artist.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]" Assume Colon's surgery was all legit...just assume for a moment, as you're so quick to assume the opposite." Where did I post ANYTHING that would suggest that?
    Posted by heobrien[/QUOTE]

Correct. I mistakenly lumped you into that category...nothing to say about the rest I assume?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

Its si ibvious c9lon took PEDS, he had asecret procedure prformed with a doctor asociated w HGH and suddenly he is better now then he was in his prime?

yeah right

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Maybe.  I wonder if that same variance vs. good and bad lineups existed earlier in his career, too.   It probably exists with most pitchers to some degree.  Still, whatever the findings, I don't feel Colon will dominate the Red Sox when their lineup is reasonably complete and healthy.  At best, he may pitch a quality start that will get them into the 6th.  Not bad if he were a 4th starter.  With the exception of Sabatthia, I don't think they have big game starters.  The matchups at the top of the rotation: Beckett, Lester, Buchholz vs. Sabathia, Burnett, Hughes clearly favor the Red Sox. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

Colon is 90-53 vs. sub .500 teams.  He is 69-53 vs. .500+ teams. Career #'s.
    6+ LT ERA vs. NY.
    4.09 VS. Boston
    Losing records vs. both.

If you recall, Boston knocked him out last time facing him once they saw him for the 2nd/3rd time through the line-up.

He is the same pitcher he always was. Just caught some teams by surprise. Those who see him more often will make the adjustments.

The fact he's throwing 95 at 38 years of age is a surprise. But his heat is straight.
    One interesting thing: he actually gets stronger in late innings. Always has.
    He's a good pitcher with weight/attitude issues.
    He's done a nice job filling in for Hughes.

Threads like these are slanderous with no foundation and poorly researched.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Colon is 90-53 vs. sub .500 teams.  He is 69-53 vs. .500+ teams. Career #'s. 6+ LT ERA vs. NY. 4.09 VS. Boston Losing records vs. both. If you recall, Boston knocked him out last time facing him once they saw him for the 2nd/3rd time through the line-up. He is the same pitcher he always was. Just caught some teams by surprise. Those who see him more often will make the adjustments. The fact he's throwing 95 at 38 years of age is a surprise. But his heat is straight. One interesting thing: he actually gets stronger in late innings. Always has. He's a good pitcher with weight/attitude issues. He's done a nice job filling in for Hughes. Threads like these are slanderous with no foundation and poorly researched.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Girardi and others often talk about his late break on his FB, so either you or them are mistaken; unless this only happens sometimes. The RS hit Colon, because, quite frankly, when they're in a groove, they can hit anybody. They beat Weaver (when he was hot & undefeated), King Felix, CC, and others I can't recall.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Let me clarify: Colon has predictable heat. It has a tail but it's not hard to pick-up.
    If his breaking stuff is well-placed, he's tough.

He exposes weak line-ups. He hasn't been a mystery to the better teams.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Colon?:
    [QUOTE]Let me clarify: Colon has predictable heat. It has a tail but it's not hard to pick-up. If his breaking stuff is well-placed, he's tough. He exposes weak line-ups. He hasn't been a mystery to the better teams.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

He sounds like the P version of Swisher.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Living in New Jersey, I've read a number of articles about Colon's preparation and work ethic.  Everything I've read in this thread sounds like sour grapes.  Give the guy some credit.
    Posted by wlbpatriotsfan[/QUOTE]

No sour grapes at all, it's just hard to believe Colon's doctor has invented a cure for an aging arm.  If he has it seems he would become famous overnight but who is he and what does this procedure consist of?

It's a fair question

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon? : No sour grapes at all, it's just hard to believe Colon's doctor has invented a cure for an aging arm.  If he has it seems he would become famous overnight but who is he and what does this procedure consist of? It's a fair question considering he went from throwing 89 to 95 in a very short period of time.

Exaggeration yet again (Just like your misinfo about his operation date) ; recently I posted an article that said it went up 3.5 MPH. Also, his arm was injured. Finally, more shall come out on the details, but you want to harp on those details for not being out yet. If for some reason this doesn't happen quickly, or in due course, then it doesn't say much for the obssession on this board over it. Due to your backpedalling, inaccuracies, innuendo, and flip/flopping, your agenda is suspect.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

His agenda is suspect in many areas. It isn't limited to this subject matter.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon? : He sounds like the P version of Swisher.

That would all change if tek was catching........voodooo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

For the record...Ortiz was going to kick, scream, pry and get to the bottom of what he tested positive for, and explain it to the world. He never did any of that. All I ask for is consistency, treat the issues equally, not based on the laundry.

I'm willing to bet we learn more about this than the nothing we learned about the Ortiz situation.

And to be perfectly fair, the Ortiz situation is far worse and embarrassing for baseball than the current Colon issue. Outside of BOS and NY...WHO CARES?!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon? : Exaggeration yet again; recently I posted an article that said it went up 3.5 MPH. Also, his arm was injured. Finally, more shall come out on the details, but you want to harp on those details not being out yet. If for some reason this doesn't happen quickly, or in due course, then it doesn't say much for the obsession on this board over it. Due to your backpedaling and flip/flopping, your agenda is suspect.

nhsteven, nobody here is backpedaling.  I realized my thread upset Yankee fans and apologized like a man but still feel something unusual is going on with Colon.  If I remember correctly "ARod" had a similar miracle cure from an unknown doctor on his injured hip which was also never really explained.

Interesting isn't it?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon? : nhsteven, nobody here is backpedaling.  I realized my thread upset Yankee fans and apologized like a man but still feel something unusual is going on with Colon.  If I remember correctly "ARod" had a similar miracle cure from an unknown doctor on his injured hip which was also never really explained. Interesting isn't it?

Not as interesting as your spin and misinfo. ARod had 2 procedures, and the steps were designed and detailed before he had them, because the 1st procedure was designed to get him back on the field fairly quickly (vs season ending surgery) at the risk of him getting reinjured, which was a cause for concern. Was HGH involved? Perhaps. Also interesting; that whole Ortiz sideshow a few yrs back.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon? : Not as interesting as your spin and misinfo. ARod had 2 procedures, and the steps were designed and detailed before he had them, because the 1st procedure was designed to get him back on the field fairly quickly (vs season ending surgery) at the risk of him getting reinjured, which was a cause for concern. Was HGH involved? Perhaps. Also interesting; that whole Ortiz sideshow a few yrs back.

I'm not denying Manny and Papi may have been juiced at one time.  Talk about a spin and being in denial? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon? : I'm not denying Manny and Papi may have been juiced at one time.  Talk about a spin and being in denial? 

Maybe you need to reread my posts, I self-asked if ARod was on HGH during the surgeries, and said Perhaps. I also mentioned that Colon's investigation is ongoing, and if he's guilty, he should be punished. 

Weak and inaccurate, yet again. When you posture, you need to be factual; not just go with the flow, forget (perhaps conveniently) what you've read, and make it up as you go along.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Like you're neutral. One again Kim, you exaggerate. You may be right about some; But I and others said the investigation is warranted, and we should wait for it's results. If he's dirty, he should be punished. And, what arm would you expect the operation to occur on?   Harness and other RS fans also have said this is a crock. BTW, often when a  Yankee does well (and after every good game by Colon) some crank starts a thread here whining about them cheating. They couldn't possibly be good. I've seen it practically for every good player they have. It is the new version of sour grapes. G-d forbid, if the RS don't get past the Yankees this yr, you'll see this and other conspiracies and/or excuses in droves. And what would you think if you saw this occur for some of the RS players? Wait, that couldn't happen. LOL, maybe Terry's become a HOF manager 'cause he started taking ADD meds after he left Pha.

I've never claimed to be neutral, unlike you. And I post on my own team's board, unlike you. 

You don't get to police a Red Sox forum calling posters "bias", "partial", and "homers" when they support their team, and then go after posters when something negative is said about your team. You NEVER addressed the fact that he didn't disclose the operation and that, there have been no repercussions about that -- STILL. You don't even think it's suspicious. He's still pitching when they don't really know what happened. You only say that "the investigation is warranted" and "we should wait for the results".  Duh. Anyone could state the obvious.

As for the rest of your post, here's a news flash -- YOU'RE ON A RED SOX FORUM. That should clear it up for you, although it hasn't in the past, so I have my doubts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

They need chatrooms I've decided...

Sections
Shortcuts