Colon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe------. Show --The---Babe------'s posts

Re: Colon?

In Response to Re: Colon?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon? : A partial list of the facts that followed: 1) It's unlikely that Garcia and Colon continue their success.  This is a fact, given their age - it's unlikely that one 36+ year-old pitcher will have the best season of his career, let alone two pitchers with a combined 1 full healthy season in the past 5 years. 2) The Yankees (of the three) have the most difficult schedule late in the season, including a west-coast swing in September. 3) Tampa Bay finally has Longoria and Niemann at full strength, and they are in the position to deal BJ Upton, if necessary as Desmond Jennings can fill in. 4) The Yankees' record after the all-star break in 2010 was barely over .500. 5) Phil Hughes has had mixed results even in his re-hab assignments, and it's not clear that he will help the club when he returns. If you reply to this, please copy it into the other thread.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

What the Yanks did after the break last year is irrelevant.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon? : A partial list of the facts that followed: 1) It's unlikely that Garcia and Colon continue their success.  This is a fact, given their age - it's unlikely that one 36+ year-old pitcher will have the best season of his career, let alone two pitchers with a combined 1 full healthy season in the past 5 years. 2) The Yankees (of the three) have the most difficult schedule late in the season, including a west-coast swing in September. 3) Tampa Bay finally has Longoria and Niemann at full strength, and they are in the position to deal BJ Upton, if necessary as Desmond Jennings can fill in. 4) The Yankees' record after the all-star break in 2010 was barely over .500. 5) Phil Hughes has had mixed results even in his re-hab assignments, and it's not clear that he will help the club when he returns. If you reply to this, please copy it into the other thread.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

4) What does that have to do with this yr? IMO, and at most, very little
    5) His first 2 rehab starts were spotty; the subsequent ones were lights out. Still, it's not clear how he'll do upon return. I personally would have put him in the bullpen, because it's clear he has stamina issues.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe------. Show --The---Babe------'s posts

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

And your wishing and hoping for Garcia and Colon to break down doesn't mean they will.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon? : What the Yanks did after the break last year is irrelevant.
    Posted by --The---Babe------[/QUOTE]

I don't see the Yanks falling apart in the second half but Tampa and their weak lineup probably will.  Tampa has had a cake schedule so far this season but the better teams with equal pitching and much better hitters should eventually leave them in the dust.  Joyce and Kotchman are having career years and Damon will always make a team more competitive.  Thats his nature. 

My bet is the Sox in first, the Yanks a close second and Tampa 6 games or more in third.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Sounds about right.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds about right.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

It could even be the Yanks in first by a hair nhsteven, but I just don't see Tampa hanging unless the Sox or Yanks endure some serious injuries.  The Yanks and Sox have much better all round talent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

Perhaps a dictionary would assist the poster confusing the word "fact" with what should be termed "prediction."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LS350. Show LS350's posts

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

I think the problem is you're confusing "fact" with "opinion".  There is nothing you can say which will make "the Yankees will fade" a fact.  Also, what does the Yankees record after the all star break last year have to do with anything?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Colon?:
    [QUOTE]This guy has to be pumping something into that arm that died five years ago.  Where is the "honest Mr. Selig" when you need him :)
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Its easy to look at the schedule and predict the Rays had a chance to stay close in the first half.  The second half "barring injuries" should be dominated by the Yanks and Sox if they can stay healthy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon? : I think the problem is you're confusing "fact" with "opinion".  There is nothing you can say which will make "the Yankees will fade" a fact.  Also, what does the Yankees record after the all star break last year have to do with anything?
    Posted by LS350[/QUOTE]

Yes, of course, "The Yankees will fade and finish about .550" is a prediction.  "A 38-year-old pitcher is unlikely to have a career year" is a fact that supports the prediction.  The Yankees are largely the same team as they were in the latter half of 2010 - even among Yankee fans, few suggested they had improved in the off-season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon? : Yes, of course, "The Yankees will fade and finish about .550" is a prediction.  "A 38-year-old pitcher is unlikely to have a career year" is a fact that supports the prediction.  The Yankees are largely the same team as they were in the latter half of 2010 - even among Yankee fans, few suggested they had improved in the off-season.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Hey you can always hope cant you?  Hows Lester? Hope that back doesn't land him on the DL with Clay.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

The Yankees are largely the same team as they were in the latter half of 2010 - even among Yankee fans, few suggested they had improved in the off-season.---slomag
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Sox are largely the same team as they were in the latter half of 2010-- although some Sox fans drank the "CC/Agon will put up far better #s than Beltre and VMart" kool aid.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Same godforsaken rotation(is it possible Sox now have one starter?), bullpen worse if that's possible, and the same black hole from 6-9 in the order.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BTW, they're still looking up at the Yanks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]The Yankees are largely the same team as they were in the latter half of 2010 - even among Yankee fans, few suggested they had improved in the off-season.---slomag ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Sox are largely the same team as they were in the latter half of 2010-- although some Sox fans drank the "CC/Agon will put up far better #s than Beltre and VMart" kool aid. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Same godforsaken rotation(is it possible Sox now have one starter?), bullpen worse if that's possible, and the same black hole from 6-9 in the order. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BTW, they're still looking up at the Yanks.
    Posted by mfymfy[/QUOTE]

Sigh.  You and Camelwalk are  hanging your hopes on a couple of muscle strains, and I'm the one who's thinking wishfully?

Of the 16 Red Sox players appearing in the game one year ago today, exactly 6 are on the current roster.  FYI - this is a fact, not an opinion or a prediction.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Lackey should meet up with Colon for dinner and have a critical one-on-one.

Lackey should ask questions and take notes.  See what has been working for Colon.

In return, the Yankees can send Posada to Ortiz for a critical one-on-one. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon? : Sigh.  You and Camelwalk are  hanging your hopes on a couple of muscle strains, and I'm the one who's thinking wishfully? Of the 16 Red Sox players appearing in the game one year ago today, exactly 6 are on the current roster.  FYI - this is a fact, not an opinion or a prediction.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

I'm not pinning any hopes on any Sox muscle strains, the Yanks don't need the Sox to be injured in order to win the division.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Sigh.  You and Camelwalk are  hanging your hopes on a couple of muscle strains, and I'm the one who's thinking wishfully?---slomag
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry, man, you're wrong. I'm a Lester fan--hope he wakes up tomorrow feeling great and doesn't miss a start. Sox still don't have a rotation to speak of with or without him--they're the proverbial Two and a Half Men. I also don't care what the Sox do. If the Yanks keep doing what they're doing, not much the Sox can do but watch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]Sigh.  You and Camelwalk are  hanging your hopes on a couple of muscle strains, and I'm the one who's thinking wishfully?---slomag -------------------------------------------------------------------- Sorry, man, you're wrong. I'm a Lester fan--hope he wakes up tomorrow feeling great and doesn't miss a start. Sox still don't have a rotation to speak of with or without him--they're the proverbial Two and a Half Men. I also don't care what the Sox do. If the Yanks keep doing what they're doing, not much the Sox can do but watch.
    Posted by mfymfy[/QUOTE]

I would love to have the Yankees keep doing what they are doing--beat up other teams but lose to the Red Sox. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon? : I would love to have the Yankees keep doing what they are doing--beat up other teams but lose to the Red Sox. 
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hopefully, the season will balance out the way it usually does, but it won't really matter if the Yanks keep winning 2 out of 3 and 3 out of 4 against everyone else.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Needle marked Colon?

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : You've got to be kidding, I'm not going on another search for you. First of all, once I asked you to go on a search of my posts showing the last time I said partisan (and which you exaggerated to the hilt), you refused, saying as an excuse something like you'd rather smash your head with a hammer. I've also seen you duck responses. (Such as my posts on 06/26 at 10:34 PM, 06/27 at 9;41 AM and 2 bumps in an attempt to get you to respond; Thread was Anybody on the front burner worried about the Yankees ?   My, has the tenor changed since. In addition, you deleted your comments from the TSN Power Poll thread I started about a week ago. Why is that? I recall you mentioning my alias routine then; speaking of suspicious.) Also, when I went on the previous "OJ" search , you set up your messages recently so that I couldn't track it, which is why it took so long (I had to sift thru dragon's posts, a time consuming venture). Why would you feel the need to do that? How about undoing it so that I can track it? Otherwise, I'm not bothering. IMO we would just have a visceral debate ad infinitum about what I would find anyway. Instead of coming up with facts about Colon, or baseball for that matter (heaven foirbid), which was the intent of this board, you seem to take different tacks. One of those is you're on a mission to discredit me via making mountainous sweeping bogus conclusions out of impertinent mole-hills, (i.e, changing the subject, like you often and inappropriately accuse me of) because you don't like my style. This goes for others as well. This is akin to a defense attorney discrediting prosecution witnesses on extra-terrestrial garbage. Or, alternatively, I know what you're doing. You really don't know that much about baseball; most of your threads are either ra-ra innuendo or your attempt to discredit and/or critique posters via Gestapo techniques when the poster doesn't fit your specifications. (Usually most Yankee fans or RS fans that don't play by your  rules.)  The only time you ever even mentioned a stat that I can recall (I wish I'd thought of that sooner, LOL) was when Francona reached 700 wins. Although I know you're not pike, there's a reason others think so. To repeat: At this stage of your life, You seem to like to boss around largely middle aged geeks on a sports board. Why is that? And who do you actually get along with in general here, that doesn't kiss your feet? Since we both claim the other is twisting, spinning and FOS, IMO I'd say we're at an impasse. And for that reason, I'm spinning on my IGNORE button. You can say whatever you want about me going forward; IDGAC. Your virulent diatribe is not worth it.  
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Here we go again. Some corrections to your post:

1. Search or no search. I never made a post about Dragon on this board. I spoke to him maybe twice, neither time was negative. Even just recently on the "classiest poster" thread. Perhaps that was the motive for your statement in the first place.

2. I didn't duck your responses on any thread. As I told Harness in another thread (before you bumped anything), after you said you weren't even reading my posts or the articles I put up, while you were still trying to argue me into the ground w/o even knowing what I was saying, I gave up.

3. I've never deleted a post on this board. I'm putting that up for everyone to see, including BDC, so I don't know what you're talking about. I don't even edit posts, unless it's right after I post them, I see something wrong, and no one has replied to it or about it yet. If I'm going to edit a post after that, I add the word "EDIT". You're talking to the wrong person when it comes to things like that.

4. I never had my messages private -- personal or otherwise. On two separate occasions, personal messages to me were posted on the board. I still left them up. Just recently, a poster encouraged people to read my personal messages from a poster on my profile. I, then, made my personal messages private. I didn't even know that included my board messages since I can, obviously, still see them all. 

5. You're saying that what I'm talking about has nothing to with Colon. Here's a newsflash for you. You put up a post in this thread telling a poster I called him a Yankee fan. One sentence, I believe. Nothing about Colon in the post, and I didn't even know you were going to say it wasn't even in this thread. It's not in any thread, nor was it ever.

6. Posters think I'm Pike because we are, apparently, the only ones left who don't like abusive Yankee fans, or Yankee fans who try to control a Sox board. So, it must seem like we're the same. There would be more, except the Yankee fan posse has run them off like they did to me last season. IMO a lot of Yankee fans would be embarrassed by some of the Yankee fans here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Here we go again. Some corrections to your post: 1. Search or no search. I never made a post about Dragon on this board. I spoke to him maybe twice, neither time was negative. Even just recently on the "classiest poster" thread. Perhaps that was the motive for your statement in the first place. 2. I didn't duck your responses on any thread. As I told Harness in another thread (before you bumped anything), after you said you weren't even reading my posts or the articles I put up, while you were still trying to argue me into the ground w/o even knowing what I was saying, I gave up. 3. I've never deleted a post on this board. I'm putting that up for everyone to see, including BDC, so I don't know what you're talking about. I don't even edit posts, unless it's right after I post them, I see something wrong, and no one has replied to it or about it yet. If I'm going to edit a post after that, I add the word "EDIT". You're talking to the wrong person when it comes to things like that. 4. I never had my messages private -- personal or otherwise. On two separate occasions, personal messages to me were posted on the board. I still left them up. Just recently, a poster encouraged people to read my personal messages from a poster on my profile. I, then, made my personal messages private. I didn't even know that included my board messages since I can, obviously, still see them all.  5. You're saying that what I'm talking about has nothing to with Colon. Here's a newsflash for you. You put up a post in this thread telling a poster I called him a Yankee fan. One sentence, I believe. Nothing about Colon in the post, and I didn't even know you were going to say it wasn't even in this thread. It's not in any thread, nor was it ever. 6. Posters think I'm Pike because we are, apparently, the only ones left who don't like abusive Yankee fans, or Yankee fans who try to control a Sox board. So, it must seem like we're the same. There would be more, except the Yankee fan posse has run them off like they did to me last season. IMO a lot of Yankee fans would be embarrassed by some of the Yankee fans here.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Maybe we should all just try and get along.  It's easy to joke about people like Papi, Manny, Clemons, Colon, Giambi, and especially but the bottom line is, it can be done without attacking each other.  PEDS have been and still will be around the league until tougher sanctions are in place.

Unfortunately we have a commissioner who has done little to control it without being pushed.  Why? probably because he would never get re-elected and shouldn't have been.  As a fan I would love to see what goes on behind the scenes in Seligs office.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? :   You started the stupid Smiley-like post suggesting anyone having a decent season is drugging. Especially a Yankee. Pathetic.
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

The post can be taken anyway you want.  In the case of Colon, there are thousands of people who are not only talking about it but also feel as I do.  Colon should just be straight with everyone "is all we ask" so the experts can come to a reasonable conclusion. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Craze - to comment on ine of your points, if I may.

Colon should just be straight with everyone "is all we ask" so the experts can come to a reasonable conclusion.

I am not defending or accusing on this subject.

The Dr. who performed the surgery has stated that HGH was not used in this procedure. I am not quite sure what you want Colon to say after that.

And I am not quite sure what MLB can do here in their investigation. Do they have the ability to request a subpoena and gain access to all the medical records as they pertain to this surgery and aftercare? I don't know.

My personal opinion on PED's runs both sides. As of now, if a player is caught using PED's, he must face all punishment set forth in the CBA, especially those who just inject themselves with steroids.

However, I see no problems with certain PED's being used during sanctioned medical procedures, surgeries or treatments for injured players. Who is MLB to tell a player that he must forego his livelyhood because the best course of treatment would involve the use of a drug that is deemed to give a player an unfair advantage over others. I just find this somewhat arrogant.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? :   Colon would have been busted by now if there was anything wrong. Why can't you and your Smiley influenced friends just give credit where credit is due?If Colon fades- as you all insist he will- then who will remember he won maybe 8 games in 2011? But at least you will have had your Smiley-like fun.
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure who this "smiley" is you refer to but I do know you have an opportunity to ignore the post.  Colon hasn't been put in the hot seat yet and maybe he won't.  I can tell you if Colon opens up at some point he may be better off than waiting for the issue to be pressed.

If the guy is on the up and up good for him but until then there will be these kind of discussions.

Sections
Shortcuts