Colon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: Colon?

According to the Times, Colon is cooperating - it's one of the doctors in the DR that is holding up the investigation, possibly because Colon owes him money...

Here's very strange quote from the article ...

[QUOTE]

He added that he did not have a problem providing a detailed report on the procedure to the lawyer, but not the records.

He said that one condition under which he would release the records to baseball is if the findings of its investigation into the Colon matter were made public. And Guzman suggested that the records were not being withheld because of financial issues involving Colon.

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Craze - MLB is investigating and to my understanding, has been doing so for awhile. And what information would you want Colon to provide except maybe why he didn't report it from the beginning when teams were looking at him? I would think only the doctor and medical staff could accurately describe the procedure/surgery and what they did during the operation.

Mag - I understood where you were going with it all.

You have made a point about an overseas liaison for these types of situations. And that is a start, but at what point are we infringing an basic rights of an individual. And I would add that bringing in a disinterested third party as a liaison would definitely lead to corruption and bribery. You would have to bring in MLB and the Union on this and we all know how well those two like to cooperate with each other.

Again, I am just playing Devil's Advocate here.

I just don't know if there is a clear answer. I am truly hoping for this to have been a medical breakthrough. I think Stem Cell research is very important and needs to continually be looked at.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Colon?:
    [QUOTE]According to the Times, Colon is cooperating - it's one of the doctors in the DR that is holding up the investigation, possibly because Colon owes him money... http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/04/sports/baseball/bartolo-colons-medical-records-sought-by-mlb.html Here's very strange quote from the article ...  
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Interesting thanks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon? : This is not quite the case; the complex procedure was to repair widespread damaged tissue; it wasn't a Vitamin or Cortisone shot. Plus, there's a recuperation period afterwards. While, in general, you've made some good suggestions on what MLB should do, you seem a little obssessed with this; and here's guessing it has something to do with the uniform.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

One of Dr. Purita's lectures is entitled "The Use of Stem Cell and PRP Injections in an Office Settting".

I think the topic is fascinating, regardless of what team is involved.  But yes, it does make it more interesting that Colon is a Yankee - it's more fodder for the "Evil Empire" narrative.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Craze - MLB is investigating and to my understanding, has been doing so for awhile. And what information would you want Colon to provide except maybe why he didn't report it from the beginning when teams were looking at him? I would think only the doctor and medical staff could accurately describe the procedure/surgery and what they did during the operation. Mag - I understood where you were going with it all. You have made a point about an overseas liaison for these types of situations. And that is a start, but at what point are we infringing an basic rights of an individual. And I would add that bringing in a disinterested third party as a liaison would definitely lead to corruption and bribery. You would have to bring in MLB and the Union on this and we all know how well those two like to cooperate with each other. Again, I am just playing Devil's Advocate here. I just don't know if there is a clear answer. I am truly hoping for this to have been a medical breakthrough. I think Stem Cell research is very important and needs to continually be looked at.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Understood Jessey, I agree it would be great to see a breakthrough like this.  If not I just hope it's taken care of the right way.  Too many slaps on the hand going on these days in a sport that should be played without having to worry about enhancements.  The old timers played the game the way it was meant to be played.  I can only image what they think of all this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]Craze - MLB is investigating and to my understanding, has been doing so for awhile. And what information would you want Colon to provide except maybe why he didn't report it from the beginning when teams were looking at him? I would think only the doctor and medical staff could accurately describe the procedure/surgery and what they did during the operation. Mag - I understood where you were going with it all. You have made a point about an overseas liaison for these types of situations. And that is a start, but at what point are we infringing an basic rights of an individual. And I would add that bringing in a disinterested third party as a liaison would definitely lead to corruption and bribery. You would have to bring in MLB and the Union on this and we all know how well those two like to cooperate with each other. Again, I am just playing Devil's Advocate here. I just don't know if there is a clear answer. I am truly hoping for this to have been a medical breakthrough. I think Stem Cell research is very important and needs to continually be looked at.

I think the talk of individual rights or innocent until proven guilty is misplaced.  We're talking about a private organization - there are many rules that baseball has in place that are grounds for suspension but are not illegal in the US or other countries.  Why should maintaining a medical operations policy be any different than a substance abuse policy?  Bumping an umpire is an automatic suspension.  Gambling could get you banned for life depending on the circumstances.  You cannot endorse an alcoholic beverage.  These are the rules set forth by the organization - if you don't follow them, you cannot be part of the organization - there is no jury of your peers, no due process.  It's pretty black and white.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon? : One of Dr. Purita's lectures is entitled "The Use of Stem Cell and PRP Injections in an Office Settting". I think the topic is fascinating, regardless of what team is involved.  But yes, it does make it more interesting that Colon is a Yankee - it's more fodder for the "Evil Empire" narrative.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

That doesn't necessarily mean that was the exact procedure in Colon's case; I was under the impression surgery was involved as well. As far as the rest of your post, agreed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Baseball will do SOMETHING...I don't know what, but they won't let another steroid-type situation evolve and embarrass the game like we've seen.

Right now it's only one example, and it's barely half way through the season. When his arms blows out in a month, these 16 pages of agruments will be moot. Colon hasn't stayed healthy for a whole season since...since...I don't know, Jeter was useful? Schilling had two ankles? Manny was just being Manny? It's been a while.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Craze - for the record, I do not think there is anything wrong with PED's. Everything evolves in life including sports medicine and training. Records are made to be broken and I say go for it.

Much like marijuana and prostitution, if you legalize it, you give yourself a better chance to monitor it.  Probably even save lives and money. I am not a steroids fan, but I am a fan of drugs that help tissue & muscle heal faster.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon? : That doesn't necessarily mean that was the exact procedure in Colon's case; I was under the impression surgery was involved as well. As far as the rest of your post, agreed.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I know Colon's procedure was much more involved, but maintenance going forward may be a case of simply injecting stem cells into the elbow.  Just a guess - I'm sure we'll know much more in the coming months.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Maybe we should all just try and get along.  It's easy to joke about people like Papi, Manny, Clemons, Colon, Giambi, and especially but the bottom line is, it can be done without attacking each other. ---craze4sox
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    A pathetic leap of BS to put Colon here without a shred of evidence or wrongdoing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Baseball will do SOMETHING...I don't know what, but they won't let another steroid-type situation evolve and embarrass the game like we've seen. Right now it's only one example, and it's barely half way through the season. When his arms blows out in a month, these 16 pages of agruments will be moot. Colon hasn't stayed healthy for a whole season since...since...I don't know, Jeter was useful? Schilling had two ankles? Manny was just being Manny? It's been a while.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

And that's only in a few days. I doubt there's a blog anywhere that has beaten this to death like here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]Craze - for the record, I do not think there is anything wrong with PED's. Everything evolves in life including sports medicine and training. Records are made to be broken and I say go for it. Much like marijuana and prostitution, if you legalize it, you give yourself a better chance to monitor it.  Probably even save lives and money. I am not a steroids fan, but I am a fan of drugs that help tissue & muscle heal faster.

Legalization may be one of the solutions - if this becomes an accepted practice, I'm sure every team's medical staff is going to learn all about it.  That may eliminate the need for out-of-country procedures.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

This has been my favorite thread of all-time.  It's been the perfect mix of trash talk and actual thoughtful debate and insight.  Thanks to Craze for firing it up!

I'm going to attempt to leave it now to address the mountain of work that has piled up while I've been engaged in it :)

I'm sure I'll be back at the latest after Colon's next start!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]This has been my favorite thread of all-time.  It's been the perfect mix of trash talk and actual thoughtful debate and insight.  Thanks to Craze for firing it up! I'm going to attempt to leave it now to address the mountain of work that has piled up while I've been engaged in it :) I'm sure I'll be back at the latest after Colon's next start!
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

craze certainly started a successful thread, regardless of whatever regrets he may have had.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Did anyone notice my joke?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Craze - for the record, I do not think there is anything wrong with PED's. Everything evolves in life including sports medicine and training. Records are made to be broken and I say go for it. Much like marijuana and prostitution, if you legalize it, you give yourself a better chance to monitor it.  Probably even save lives and money. I am not a steroids fan, but I am a fan of drugs that help tissue & muscle heal faster.

Sorry jessey but I have to disagree.  My opinion is, if a record was made by an athlete who busted their hump to be the best in their sport without outside help.  The cheaters of the world are just that, athletes who don't have what it takes, or are too lazy to put the work in to achieve a goal.  

They certainly don't deserve the same recognition.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

My opinion is, if a record was made by an athlete who busted their hump to be the best in their sport without outside help.  The cheaters of the world are just that, athletes who don't have what it takes, or are too lazy to put the work in to achieve a goal.  

They certainly don't deserve the same recognition. ---craze4sox
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    But you're quick to lump someone in as a cheater (Colon) without evidence. Witchhunting went out a long time ago.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Recognition is a different issue. I don't care how many HR's A-Rod, Pujois and the rest hit; clean or tainted. The greatest HR hitter as far as I am concerned is still the Babe and that is never going to change.

I will agree here that I have enjoyed this conversation with Mag, Craze and the rest.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]My opinion is, if a record was made by an athlete who busted their hump to be the best in their sport without outside help.  The cheaters of the world are just that, athletes who don't have what it takes, or are too lazy to put the work in to achieve a goal.   They certainly don't deserve the same recognition. ---craze4sox --------------------------------------------------------------------- But you're quick to lump someone in as a cheater (Colon) without evidence. Witchhunting went out a long time ago.
    Posted by mfymfy[/QUOTE]

I was addressing Jesseys post which was related to PEDS in general. 

Not Colon, the truth with Bartolo whether good or bad will come out in due time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon? : I was addressing Jesseys post which was related to PEDS in general.  Not Colon, the truth with Bartolo whether good or bad will come out in due time.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

The jury is still out on Colon but my guess is he did something illegal.  chubby out of shape, washed up porkers like him don't get cured by legal means.  Dominican Republic?  the truth will come out and spank the yankees reputation again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon? : The jury is still out on Colon but my guess is he did something illegal.  chubby out of shape, washed up porkers like him don't get cured by legal means.  Dominican Republic?  the truth will come out and spank the yankees reputation again.
    Posted by FarmFan[/QUOTE]

I just hope they find more info on it quick before we lose anymore money on Lackey.  I'm sure the Sox would pay to fly John to the Dominican for his new bionic arm.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon? : The jury is still out on Colon but my guess is he did something illegal.  chubby out of shape, washed up porkers like him don't get cured by legal means.  Dominican Republic?  the truth will come out and spank the yankees reputation again.
    Posted by FarmFan[/QUOTE]

Cannot spank the greatest baseball reputation.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beanysnack. Show beanysnack's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colon? : Cannot spank the greatest baseball reputation.

Great reputation? you best clear that fog off your glasses bro.  The Sox may have had Manny and Papi but the Yanks own the PED market.

Clemens=on trial 
    ARod=always lying about PEDS and still allowed to play
    Colon= will be on trial a year from now
    Giambi
    Pettite

YANKEES=OWN BASEBALL AND HAVE PAID OFF EVERYONE

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Its lies about using "PEDS" that has Clemens on trial at the moment so ARod will probably get his day.  Colon pitches tonight which should be a good series against the Rays and one that could change the standings in a huge way.