Colon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Colon?

I don't think it will be that huge Craze - no matter how it goes. The AL east will always come down to the final couple of weeks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

colon should share his stuff with hughes

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Colon?:
    I don't think it will be that huge Craze - no matter how it goes. The AL east will always come down to the final couple of weeks.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Morning Jessey, I think if the Yankees play well, the Rays could fade away before the second half even begins.  If this happens I don't see them having enough guns to stay close unless they make a solid deal before the deadline. 

These are the games I have been waiting for to see if Tampa can really hang cose.  Their schedule so far has been relatively easy.  I'm also hoping the Sox really play really well by taking three or four from the Orioles but our pitching has really taken a blow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Hey Craze

I thought Tampa would have faded by now, but they haven't. I think Madden is the key and they don't have to worry about him getting DL'd. And that piutching is awful good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

colon should share his stuff with hughes
    Posted by small-package

Or maybe Papi can with Lester and Bucholz to get them of the DL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Hey Craze I thought Tampa would have faded by now, but they haven't. I think Madden is the key and they don't have to worry about him getting DL'd. And that piutching is awful good.
    Posted by jesseyeric

I agree, their pitching, Maddon and having a gutsy veteran like Damon never hurts.  I still think they will fade but time will tell.  Kotchman is having a career year along with Joyce which has also helped keep them in.  It should be interesting to watch this next series.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

The Yankees have been very fortunate with their low risk pick ups of Colon and Garcia.   As a Red Sox fan, I don't like it one bit.  People might start mistaking Cashman for a genius or something.  ;-)    Until/unless all the accusations towards Colon are proven, it sounds like sour grapes to me.  Tip your cap to the Yankees for some good pick ups in lieu of Lee and Pettite.  
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi
    lol...what's this Kimmi?  ROOT's expanding their membership base?...WinkTongue out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: Colon? : lol...what's this Kimmi?  ROOT's expanding their membership base?...
    Posted by jete02fan

LOL Jetes,  I just don't want any Yankees fans mistaking Cashman for 'The Genius' .   Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Colon? : LOL Jetes,  I just don't want any Yankees fans mistaking Cashman for 'The Genius' .  
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi

Neither do I.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Colon probably did not know if anything in the procedure was illegal or not, I can't help but think the doctors ripped him off big time.  Sure would love to know how much he paid for the procedure.  

Jesseeric is right, nothing they can do to Colon.  They might make it so the doctors are off limits to players if they eventually find or suspect something, but that doesn't effect Colon at all.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: Colon? : Neither do I.
    Posted by nhsteven

I take that to mean that you don't want to join my exclusive club?   You don't know what you're missing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from The---Babe---. Show The---Babe---'s posts

I think they should open an investigation into blowhard schilling and the bloody sock episode.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I think they should open an investigation into blowhard schilling and the bloody sock episode.
    Posted by The---Babe---

I have to agree, as a Sox fan I thought the bloody sock thing was pretty funny too.  Schil began to decline shortly after as veterans normally do so I would hardly put that in the same context as Colon. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Colon? : I take that to mean that you don't want to join my exclusive club?   You don't know what you're missing.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi

I  thought I was joining. Excuse me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Colon? : I  thought I was joining. Excuse me.
    Posted by nhsteven

nhsteven,

After watching Colon last night and the fact the Sox also hit him well he may not be all that far off his previous path against better hitting teams.  I am still puzzled by the change in velocity at his age.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Colon? : nhsteven, After watching Colon last night and the fact the Sox also hit him well he may not be all that far off his previous path against better hitting teams.  I am still puzzled by the change in velocity at his age.
    Posted by craze4sox

When he got lit up earlier in the season, some RS fans were trumpeting his demise; when he swimmed out of that funk, they were back on the PED bandwagon; we've seen similar stuff with the RS ups & downs; it's the flighty fickle fandom factor.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Colon? : When he got lit up earlier in the season, some RS fans were trumpeting his demise; when he swimmed out of that funk, they were back on the PED bandwagon; we've seen similar stuff with the RS ups & downs; it's the flighty fickle fandom factor.
    Posted by nhsteven

Not sure what the "fickle fandum factor" is NH but fair enough.  Good luck

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

342 posts! I am jealous.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Colon? : Not sure what the "fickle fandum factor" is NH but fair enough.  Good luck
    Posted by craze4sox

When fans overreact based on a short term trend. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: Colon? : nhsteven, After watching Colon last night and the fact the Sox also hit him well he may not be all that far off his previous path against better hitting teams.  I am still puzzled by the change in velocity at his age.
    Posted by craze4sox

The Rays are good at manufacturing runs, but they are not really stacked with good hitters.  At best they are an average-hitting team.  The issue last night seemed to be Colon's stuff, and location.  10 hits, 4 walks, 1 K in 5.2.  It seemed like his velocity was down on average, but he did hit 95 on a couple of occasions.  If that wasn't his worst start of the season, it's top 3 - every pitcher has an off night - I'll be curious to see what happens in his next start.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Colon? : The Rays are good at manufacturing runs, but they are not really stacked with good hitters.  At best they are an average-hitting team.  The issue last night seemed to be Colon's stuff, and location.  10 hits, 4 walks, 1 K in 5.2.  It seemed like his velocity was down on average, but he did hit 95 on a couple of occasions.  If that wasn't his worst start of the season, it's top 3 - every pitcher has an off night - I'll be curious to see what happens in his next start.  
    Posted by slomag

Since Colon hasn't had anything good to talk about in years thats a fair assessment slomag. 

Sections
Shortcuts