Colon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: Needle marked Colon?

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon?:
    [QUOTE]Let's just get a rope and find a tree guys. You think Colon's season doesn't have all eyes on him? Think he hasn't been tested already? They have no way to test for what went on while he was out of baseball and having surgery. And he's innocent until proven guilty whether you like it or not.
    Posted by whosknockin[/QUOTE]

Exactly. He IS innocent until proven guilty, but that doesn't mean he can't be investigated.

I see only two ways this plays out. 

Either 1) Colon is found guilty of PED useage and gets suspended, probably after the Yucks win another WS,
    or.....
    2) Dr. Perina is on his way to being one of the richest men in the world.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

[QUOTE]This argument is so ridiculous. The Yankee fans are saying there's nothing wrong with the way Colon's pitching. LOL  He just got some rest. LOL  He failed to tell MLB about his recent operation in his medical history. Why would someone do that?  And not to mention the surgery WAS ON HIS PITCHING ARM. There isn't anything neutral that any of them say, and yet they're here telling Sox fans to keep it real.  Why do posters put up with this, and continue to be policed by a Yankee patrol on their own board?  It boggles the mind.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]
      As long as your heroes such as Can-you-dig-it and Smiley continue to goad people, there will be responses. You need to get off the "there-are-Yankee-fans-on-a-Red Sox- board-let's-chase-them-off" kick. That diatribe makes up 95% of your posts. You can do better. The one or two of your posts I've read where you aren't ragging on Yankee fans were quite knowledgable and engaging.You should try getting along with people and stop taking life so seriously.
    Your own life just might get better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

[QUOTE]Let's just get a rope and find a tree guys. You think Colon's season doesn't have all eyes on him? Think he hasn't been tested already? They have no way to test for what went on while he was out of baseball and having surgery. And he's innocent until proven guilty whether you like it or not.
    Posted by whosknockin[/QUOTE]
       Watch what you say or the forum junk yard dog is gonna getcha.....she's probably waking up now....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Morning Slo, and if they did that without sufficient grounds how do propose they'd make it right if no wrongdoing is found?...neither he nor the team can get that time back...admittedly depending on length of investigation...and FTR, i fault Colon for witholding..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Morning jete,

I jokingly started this thread and have to apologize.  I never intended it to upset Yankee fans.  I wrote it "in part" because the Colon situation does sort of stand out in history as being a bit unusual and also the fact "Selig" has always been one to use the blind eye approach to this type of thing.

I think an investigation is warranted any time a player has this type of turn around without any real medical explanation.  Do you feel Colon and the Yanks are owed an apology if Colon has been reluctant to give an in depth explanation of the procedure, or what medication may be involved?  I would "only if" Colon has cooperated willingly and honestly throughout the proceedings.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]This argument is so ridiculous. The Yankee fans are saying there's nothing wrong with the way Colon's pitching. LOL  He just got some rest. LOL  He failed to tell MLB about his recent operation in his medical history. Why would someone do that?  And not to mention the surgery WAS ON HIS PITCHING ARM. There isn't anything neutral that any of them say, and yet they're here telling Sox fans to keep it real.  Why do posters put up with this, and continue to be policed by a Yankee patrol on their own board?  It boggles the mind.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Like you're neutral. One again Kim, you exaggerate. You may be right about some; But I and others said the investigation is warranted, and we should wait for it's results. If he's dirty, he should be punished. And, what arm would you expect the operation to occur on?  

Harness and other RS fans also have said this is a crock. BTW, often when a  Yankee does well (and after every good game by Colon) some crank starts a thread here whining about them cheating. They couldn't possibly be good. I've seen it practically for every good player they have. It is the new version of sour grapes. G-d forbid, if the RS don't get past the Yankees this yr, you'll see this and other conspiracies and/or excuses in droves. And what would you think if you saw this occur for some of the RS players? Wait, that couldn't happen.
    LOL, maybe Terry's become a HOF manager 'cause he started taking ADD meds after he left Pha.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

The guy is a freak of nature to be able to looks out of shape, miss 15 plus days. not even have a rehab game, and come back throwing just as hard and with just as much pinpoint control as when he left. With a bit of luck, Colon could have no-hit the Mets. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Like you're neutral. One again Kim, you exaggerate. You may be right about some; But I and others said the investigation is warranted, and we should wait for it's results. If he's dirty, he should be punished. And, what arm would you expect the operation to occur on?   Harness and other RS fans also have said this is a crock. BTW, often when a  Yankee does well (and after every good game by Colon) some crank starts a thread here whining about them cheating. I've seen it practically for every good player they have. It is the new version of sour grapes. And what would you think if you saw this occur for some of the RS players? Wait, that couldn't happen.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

harness is a guy who plays both sides of the fence.  On our side he loves to be correct, bash or drill posters who disagree with his point of view and correct everyones spelling errors.  On the other side he uses those posters who disagree with his annoying habits as a "dart board" while siding with the oppositions point of view.

I put this fool on "ignore" after only two weeks on the board, as I'm sure many others have over time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : harness is a guy who plays both sides of the fence.   On our side he loves to be correct, bash or drill posters who disagree with his point of view and correct everyones spelling errors.  On the other side he uses those posters who disagree with his annoying habits as a "dart board" while siding with the oppositions point of view. I put this fool on "ignore" after only two weeks on the board, as I'm sure many others have over time.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

I agree, harness is a jerk.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : harness is a guy who plays both sides of the fence.   On our side he loves to be correct, bash or drill posters who disagree with his point of view and correct everyones spelling errors.  On the other side he uses those posters who disagree with his annoying habits as a "dart board" while siding with the oppositions point of view. I put this fool on "ignore" after only two weeks on the board, as I'm sure many others have over time.

His targets are usually Pike, BurritoT, and softy; enough said.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : His targets are usually Pike, BurritoT, and softy; enough said.

He and his significant other moonie's neverending crusade to defend all things tek and wake are tiresome to say the least. Not to mention his infatuation with CERA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : His targets are usually Pike, BurritoT, and softy; enough said.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  If someone happens to be annoying I would personally rather ignore than bash them repeadedly.  This just makes the "basher" look even worse.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]"Well, if everything IS legit, who's taking a chance on a guy who was just the first potcher ever to get a given surgery? No-bod-y." Is that English? Because I'm not getting it. "I guess Ortiz/Mueller/Millar in 04 don't count?" I was tjhinking more in terms od recent history, .. like Penny Smoltz, Gagne and Jenks.  "Also, sorry if all our "low risk" players come from outstanding drafting..." Like who?  Who on the current 25 man ML roster that is making a contributution?  Scutaro, .. no that doesn't count.  Camron, .. no not him either besides he was just thrown overbaord.   "... rather than praying on someone else's garbage." Are you refering to half the RS bull pen or their bench?   "Are you a Steinbrenner?" No, but my name is Harold, ... does that count?
    Posted by heobrien[/QUOTE]

Wording was slightly clumsy, but I fail to see how you can't understand, unless you're still trying to figure out what a 'potcher' is. I meant 'pitcher'. And I guess I'll spell it out for you: Assume Colon's surgery was all legit...just assume for a moment, as you're so quick to assume the opposite. Now, assuming that, what team would really want to take a chance on a fat pitcher who hasn't performed for a few years? Add in him being the first patient to get this surgery, and you can pretty much guarantee he would have never gotten a chance with any team he actually wanted to play for. I hope that helps you understand.

As for the second point...Ellsbury, Pedroia, Buccholz, Lester, Bard, Papelbon, Reddick...and the drafting led to the ability to trade for Adrian Gonzalez. As for others who were scrap parts, how about Saltalamachia? I know, he's no .223 hitting Martin, and is one half of arguably the most effective catching tandem in baseball. Andrew Miller? Only two starts so far, about a 3 ERA. Alfredo Aceves? He's been a solid contributor (and who's heap did they pick him up off???). Matt Albers, his sub 3 ERA, 28 Ks in 30+ innings?

Yeah, so the whole system has failed because of Cameron and Jenks. How's Soriano doing anyway?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Wording was slightly clumsy, but I fail to see how you can't understand, unless you're still trying to figure out what a 'potcher' is. I meant 'pitcher'. And I guess I'll spell it out for you: Assume Colon's surgery was all legit...just assume for a moment, as you're so quick to assume the opposite. Now, assuming that, what team would really want to take a chance on a fat pitcher who hasn't performed for a few years? Add in him being the first patient to get this surgery, and you can pretty much guarantee he would have never gotten a chance with any team he actually wanted to play for. I hope that helps you understand. As for the second point...Ellsbury, Pedroia, Buccholz, Lester, Bard, Papelbon, Reddick...and the drafting led to the ability to trade for Adrian Gonzalez. As for others who were scrap parts, how about Saltalamachia? I know, he's no .223 hitting Martin, and is one half of arguably the most effective catching tandem in baseball. Andrew Miller? Only two starts so far, about a 3 ERA. Alfredo Aceves? He's been a solid contributor (and who's heap did they pick him up off???). Matt Albers, his sub 3 ERA, 28 Ks in 30+ innings? Yeah, so the whole system has failed because of Cameron and Jenks. How's Soriano doing anyway?
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

And Kim accuses you of being a Yankee fan, LOL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  If someone happens to be annoying I would personally rather ignore than bash them repeadedly.  This just makes the "basher" look even worse.

Even when they provoke? Would you like to be called a fly that hovers around manure?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Even when they provoke? Would you like to be called a fly that hovers around manure?

Yes nhsteven even if they provoke because that just means a person doesn't have any self control of their own. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Wording was slightly clumsy, but I fail to see how you can't understand, unless you're still trying to figure out what a 'potcher' is. I meant 'pitcher'. And I guess I'll spell it out for you: Assume Colon's surgery was all legit...just assume for a moment, as you're so quick to assume the opposite. Now, assuming that, what team would really want to take a chance on a fat pitcher who hasn't performed for a few years? Add in him being the first patient to get this surgery, and you can pretty much guarantee he would have never gotten a chance with any team he actually wanted to play for. I hope that helps you understand. As for the second point...Ellsbury, Pedroia, Buccholz, Lester, Bard, Papelbon, Reddick...and the drafting led to the ability to trade for Adrian Gonzalez. As for others who were scrap parts, how about Saltalamachia? I know, he's no .223 hitting Martin, and is one half of arguably the most effective catching tandem in baseball. Andrew Miller? Only two starts so far, about a 3 ERA. Alfredo Aceves? He's been a solid contributor (and who's heap did they pick him up off???). Matt Albers, his sub 3 ERA, 28 Ks in 30+ innings? Yeah, so the whole system has failed because of Cameron and Jenks. How's Soriano doing anyway?

Hardly.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : And Kim accuses you of being a Yankee fan, LOL.

HA! I missed that. I've been accused of: being a troll, softy's brother, supremely ignorant and combative. I can't really argue with the last one...BUT I WILL!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : HA! I missed that. I've been accused of: being a troll, softy's brother, supremely ignorant and combative. I can't really argue with the last one...BUT I WILL!

I figured the new "subject line" would be much nicer, sorry Yankee fans.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : He and his significant other moonie's neverending crusade to defend all things tek and wake are tiresome to say the least. Not to mention his infatuation with CERA
    Posted by ---The-Babe---[/QUOTE]

Hey The Babe,

I  havn't been here long enough to see everything but I had this guy "harness" pegged quickly.  Like I told Burrito just put him on "ignore" and you won't see any of his annoying remarks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Hey The Babe, I  havn't been here long enough to see everything but I had this guy "harness" pegged quickly.  Like I told Burrito just put him on "ignore" and you won't see any of his annoying remarks.

nah, I don't put anyone on ignore. Tough to point out their stupidity if you can't see their posts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

Re: Colon?

You guys are unique because you make your excuses before you need them. It's not surprising though. You've had a lot of reasons to over the years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]yes, great comparison.  he is playing like Clemens and bonds and mcguire and giambi and pettitte and sosa and gradyson and teixiera and canseco and all the other juicers.  the evidence is overwelming.  WHY WON'T THEY SUSPEND HIM?  I DON'T GET IT.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

Clearly Big Papi is on PED's it is a known fact among realists both in and out of the Boston area, AGon is certainly a possibility as well as he has never come close to hitting for this type of average.  Papi without a doubt is on PED's as he used before and is looking for a new contract next year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]With all the HGH the socks do they still can't get to first place..
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

This is a good observation.  With all the PED's being passed around the Sox clubhouse you would think they should be in first place, it just shows how bad their team would really be without all of the drugs they are using.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

[QUOTE]As a Sox fan...this is all sour grapes. If he tests positive at some point, then he, and the Yankees, and the league deserve all the criticism. But now? A whole lot of whining about a player doing well for another team. Just like I knew his body wouldn't hold up, I know this won't last much longer. If it DOES continue all season, well you can either mark it up to one of the most remarkable comeback stories ever in baseball, or decide he must have juiced. Either way, quit whining. Beckett? Ortiz? P.E.D.roia? You can fabricate steroid issues about Sox players as well...or in the case of Ortiz point to history. As with Arod. Baseball is dirty...cleaner than it was, but still dirty. To single out any single player or team is somewhat foolish.
    Okay, clearly there are not 16 players on the Yankees juicing, but come on? How old is Colon? 38? He hasn't had a good year since 2005 and he just took a year off and now he comes back and dominates the league like its 2005? And you're stretching it a bit with Beckett, Ortiz, and Pedroia. Beckett's velocity has dropped noticably in the last few years like its supposed to when you get into your early 30's. Ortiz has been going at this pace since about 07, the only difference is this year he is hitting lefties. Steroids don't help you hit lefties better. And Pedroia? He's the smallest guy on the team, and this is actually the worst year of his career. But I also don't think A-Rod in on steroids or HGH or whatever. He is performing just like you would expect an aging A-Rod to play.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Morning Slo, and if they did that without sufficient grounds how do propose they'd make it right if no wrongdoing is found?...neither he nor the team can get that time back...admittedly depending on length of investigation...and FTR, i fault Colon for witholding..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Morning Jete,

Remember, this is not a criminal situation.  MLB can do pretty much whatever it wants to a player if it is deemed "in the best interests of baseball".  

No matter what the investigation turns up, Colon failed to disclose the procedure.  His contract was contingent on a full medical disclosure, so there was already wrong-doing here.  There was even talk of the Yankees voiding his contract, too, when this story broke.  

Even if PEDs were not involved, I think we can all agree that this was the wrong way to introduce a ground-breaking medial procedure.  MLB needs to be involved every step of the way - imagine if instead of a stem cell procedure we were talking about a prosthesis.  Or what if the results weer more dramatic - what if Colon were 12-0, hitting 110 MPH on his fastball with an era of 0.5?  If you were Selig, would you let him keep pitching for the Yankees every five days?  The batters he faces have done nothing wrong, and will not get those at-bats back.  Other teams will not get their losses reversed.  The standings will not be adjusted if the procedure is deemed illegal.

I realize this is hyperbole - but my point is that in the above scenario, the only thing I have changed is the effectiveness of the procedure.  So whatever is the right thing to do in the hypothetical is the right thing to do now.