Colon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Needle marked Colon?

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon?:
    In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : HA! I missed that. I've been accused of: being a troll, softy's brother, supremely ignorant and combative. I can't really argue with the last one...BUT I WILL!
    Posted by ma6dragon9

I missed it as well. It's called "Steven's interpretation of posts". Perhaps "misinterpretation" is a better word. And, I believe, it's deliberate. No one can twist the amount of posts he does without doing it intentionally.  

My guess is here, he's going to say I said Yankee fans were not being neutral and were defending Colon, and so that makes you a Yankee fan. The fact he's creating drama is just an added bonus.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : I've never claimed to be neutral, unlike you. And I post on my own team's board, unlike you.  You don't get to police a Red Sox forum calling posters "bias", "partial", and "homers" when they support their team, and then go after posters when something negative is said about your team. You NEVER addressed the fact that he didn't disclose the operation and that, there have been no repercussions about that -- STILL. You don't even think it's suspicious. He's still pitching when they don't really know what happened. You only say that "the investigation is warranted" and "we should wait for the results".  Duh. Anyone could state the obvious. As for the rest of your post, here's a news flash -- YOU'RE ON A RED SOX FORUM. That should clear it up for you, although it hasn't in the past, so I have my doubts.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Yes, I do. If I didn't articulate that, I apologize. And it's funny coming from you claiming I'm trying to police the board. Once again when it comes to you, it's the pot calling the kettle. And I NEVER claimed to be neutral. Perhaps you haven't (or at least for the moment recall) seen my battles with Babe. And if I see posts that are grossly inaccurate, I SHALL comment on them, whether you like it or not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : I missed it as well. It's called "Steven's interpretation of posts". Perhaps "misinterpretation" is a better word. And, I believe, it's deliberate. No one can twist the amount of posts he does without doing it intentionally.   My guess it here, he's going to say I said Yankee fans were not being neutral and were defending Colon, and so that makes you a Yankee fan. The fact he's creating drama is just an added bonus.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Maybe I did misunderstand your assessment of dragon. However, more BS from the Queen of it. Perhaps I should get my 'aliases' to respond.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Colon?

In Response to Re: Colon?:
    In Response to Re: Colon? : Maybe you need to reread my posts, I self-asked if ARod was on HGH during the surgeries, and said Perhaps. I also mentioned that Colon's investigation is ongoing , and if he's guilty, he should be punished.  Weak and inaccurate, yet again. When you posture, you need to be factual; not just go with the flow, forget (perhaps conveniently) what you've read, and make it up as you go along.
    Posted by nhsteven

OMG. That's hilarious coming from you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Colon? : OMG. That's hilarious coming from you.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Yes, miss twist it. I went into laborious detail about that incident, and I admitted I made a mistake. Here's guessing you didn't even read the last couple of posts in that regard.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Living in New Jersey, I've read a number of articles about Colon's preparation and work ethic.  Everything I've read in this thread sounds like sour grapes.  Give the guy some credit.
    Posted by wlbpatriotsfan

Again, like I've said before, you must be awesome on the Patriots board. I hope Patriots fans read this board.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Yes, I do. If I didn't articulate that, I apologize. And it's funny coming from you claiming I'm trying to police the board. Once again when it comes to you, it's the pot calling the kettle. And I NEVER claimed to be neutral. Perhaps you haven't (or at least for the moment recall) seen my battles with Babe. And if I see posts that are grossly inaccurate, I SHALL comment on them, whether you like it or not.
    Posted by nhsteven

If anyone reads this response to MY post, your spin is in full gear.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : If anyone reads this response to MY post, your spin is in full gear.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Look in the mirror. Show me what's incorrect about it, BTW.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Maybe I did misunderstand your assessment of dragon. However, more BS from the Queen of it. Perhaps I should get my 'aliases' to respond.
    Posted by nhsteven

How about not changing the subject for once?  What assessment of Dragon did I make? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : How about not changing the subject for once?  What assessment of Dragon did I make? 
    Posted by kimsaysthis

I'm not changing the subject. I thought (perhaps incorrectly) that you accused him of being a Yankee fan, since you've done that to others before. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : I'm not changing the subject. I thought (perhaps incorrectly) that you accused him of being a Yankee fan, since you've done that to others before. 
    Posted by nhsteven

Nice shot at again trying to change the subject. Where did you think that? My posts are still up. Perhaps you can point it out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Nice shot at again trying to change the subject. Where did you think that? My posts are still up. Perhaps you can point it out.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Disagree. I shall try to find it; it could take a while.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Disagree. I shall try to find it; it could take a while.
    Posted by nhsteven

Take a while to find I post I assessed Dragon in? Really? What does that even mean?  Are you trying to imply that I assessed this poster somewhere, and like OJ, you're going to try and find the real post? lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Take a while to find I post I assessed Dragon in? Really? What does that even mean?  Are you trying to imply that I assessed this poster somewhere, and like OJ, you're going to try and find the real post? lol
    Posted by kimsaysthis

No, and you're right; you never assessed dragon in this way. I was wrong now twice, on those topics.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : No, and you're right; you never assessed dragon in this way. I was wrong now twice; on those topics .
    Posted by nhsteven

Here's my opinion. You know you're wrong when you're posting something that's not true. Sometimes you do it to win an argument, sometimes you do it to defend the Yankees, and sometimes you do it to create drama. I truly believe that. Not eveyone calls you on it, though, so you may tend to get away with it, and actually get people to apologize to you.

You also twist your responses to how you want the conversation to go, and, unsuspecting posters, just go along and continue down the path you created for them. Everyone reading your responses should really look and see if you're actually responding to what they've said, or how you want to respond no matter what was said.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Here's my opinion. You know you're wrong when you're posting something that's not true. Sometimes you do it to win an argument, sometimes you do it to defend the Yankees, and sometimes you do it to create drama. I truly believe that. Not eveyone calls you on it, though, so you may tend to get away with it, and actually get people to apologize to you. You also twist your responses to how you want the conversation to go, and, unsuspecting posters, just go along and continue down the path you created for them. Everyone reading your responses should really look and see if you're actually responding to what they've said, or how you want to respond no matter what was said.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

This is not true in my case, not that I really care at this point what you think. Did you know you were wrong when you claimed I had aliases? Maybe not, but what if it's actually not true? Kind of puts a few holes in your statement.

Specifically, this issue was an aside, and is largely superfluous to this thread. Hanging your hat on this doesn't amount to much regarding Colon.

And speaking of spin ....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Maybe I should see Bartola's physician.
    My colon's been fk'ed up for 34 years...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Maybe I should see Bartola's physician. My colon's been fk'ed up for 34 years...
    Posted by harness

Good one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : This is not true in my case, not that I really care at this point what you think. Did you know you were wrong when you claimed I had aliases? Maybe not, but what if it's actually not true? Kind of puts a few holes in your statement. Specifically, this issue was an aside, and is largely superfluous to this thread.  Hanging your hat on this doesn't amount to much regarding Colon. And speaking of spin ....
    Posted by nhsteven

This is where you, again, change the subject, and get me to say I never said that you had aliases. It's true. I never did. But I see what you're doing.

FTR, I wouldn't put it past any rival team fan who spends as much time as you do here arguing with posters on their own board whenever they say anything about the Yankees to have other names on the board. You are, obviously, invested here, and do try to control the conversation. That should give you a clear understanding of where I stand on that.

But, jfs&g, I would still like to see the post you are referring to where I said that on the board. If you're going to go on another OJ search, just let me know.

And nothing you say puts holes in my statement. Anyone that's on the board can read.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : This is where you, again, change the subject, and get me to say I never said that you had aliases. It's true. I never did. But I see what you're doing.   FTR, I wouldn't put it past any rival team fan who spends as much time as you do here arguing with posters on their own board whenever they say anything about the Yankees to have other names on the board. You are, obviously, invested here, and do try to control the conversation. That should give you a clear understanding of where I stand on that. But, jfs&g, I would still like to see the post you are referring to where I said that on the board. If you're going to go on another OJ search, just let me know. And nothing you say puts holes in my statement. Anyone that's on the board can read.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

You've got to be kidding, I'm not going on another search for you. First of all, once I asked you to go on a search of my posts showing the last time I said partisan (and which you exaggerated to the hilt), you refused, saying as an excuse something like you'd rather smash your head with a hammer. I've also seen you duck responses. (Such as my posts on 06/26 at 10:34 PM, 06/27 at 9;41 AM and 2 bumps in an attempt to get you to respond; Thread was Anybody on the front burner worried about the Yankees?  My, has the tenor changed since. In addition, you deleted your comments from the TSN Power Poll thread I started about a week ago. Why is that? I recall you mentioning my alias routine then; speaking of suspicious.) Also, when I went on the previous "OJ" search , you set up your messages recently so that I couldn't track it, which is why it took so long (I had to sift thru dragon's posts, a time consuming venture). Why would you feel the need to do that? How about undoing it so that I can track it? Otherwise, I'm not bothering. IMO we would just have a visceral debate ad infinitum about what I would find anyway.

Instead of coming up with facts about Colon, or baseball for that matter (heaven foirbid), which was the intent of this board, you seem to take different tacks. One of those is you're on a mission to discredit me via making mountainous sweeping bogus conclusions out of impertinent mole-hills, (i.e, changing the subject, like you often and inappropriately accuse me of) because you don't like my style. This goes for others as well. This is akin to a defense attorney discrediting prosecution witnesses on extra-terrestrial garbage. Or, alternatively, I know what you're doing.

You really don't know that much about baseball; most of your threads are either ra-ra innuendo or your attempt to discredit and/or critique posters via Gestapo techniques when the poster doesn't fit your specifications. (Usually most Yankee fans or RS fans that don't play by your rules.) The only time you ever even mentioned a stat that I can recall (I wish I'd thought of that sooner, LOL) was when Francona reached 700 wins. Although I know you're not pike, there's a reason others think so.

To repeat: At this stage of your life, You seem to like to boss around largely middle aged geeks on a sports board. Why is that? And who do you actually get along with in general here, that doesn't kiss your feet?

Since we both claim the other is twisting, spinning and FOS, IMO I'd say we're at an impasse. And for that reason, I'm spinning on my IGNORE button. You can say whatever you want about me going forward; IDGAC. Your virulent diatribe is not worth it.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : You've got to be kidding, I'm not going on another search for you. First of all, once I asked you to go on a search of my posts showing the last time I said partisan (and which you exaggerated to the hilt), you refused, saying as an excuse something like you'd rather smash your head with a hammer. I've also seen you duck responses. (Such as my posts on 06/26 at 10:34 PM, 06/27 at 9;41 AM and 2 bumps in an attempt to get you to respond; Thread was Anybody on the front burner worried about the Yankees ?   My, has the tenor changed since) Also, when I went on the previous "OJ" search , you set up your messages recently so that I couldn't track it, which is why it took so long (I had to sift thru dragon's posts, a time consuming venture). How clever. How about undoing it so that I can track it? Otherwise, I'm not bothering. IMO we would just have a visceral debate ad infinitum about what I would find anyway. Instead of coming up with facts about Colon, or baseball for that matter (heaven foirbid), which was the intent of this board, you seem to take different tacks. One of those is you're on a mission to discredit me via making mountainous sweeping bogus conclusions out of impertinent mole-hills, (i.e, changing the subject, like you often and inappropriately accuse me of) because you don't like my style. This goes for others as well. This is akin to a defense attorney discrediting prosecution witnesses on extra-terrestrial garbage. Or, alternatively, I know what you're doing. You really don't know that much about baseball; most of your threads are either ra-ra innuendo or your attempt to discredit and/or critique posters via Gestapo techniques when the poster doesn't fit your specifications. (Usually most Yankee fans or RS fans that don't play by your  rules.)  The only time you ever even mentioned a stat that I can recall (I wish I'd thought of that sooner, LOL) was when Francona reached 700 wins. Although I know you're not pike, there's a reason others think so. To repeat: At this stage of your life, You seem to like to boss around largely middle aged geeks on a sports board. Why is that? And who do you actually get along with in general here, that doesn't kiss your feet? Since we both claim the other is twisting, spinning and FOS, IMO I'd say we're at an impasse. And for that reason, I'm spinning on my IGNORE button. You can say whatever you want about me going forward; IDGAC. Your virulent diatribe is not worth it.  
    Posted by nhsteven

Wish you two would find a way to carry on your argument offsite !!

Hetchinspete.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pennasoxfan67. Show pennasoxfan67's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Not saying anything but it's a bit strange pinstripe.  I can't think of too many/if any has been pitchers that have ever regained this kind of arm strength after losing it. Even the average Yankee fan should see this is not the norm.
    Posted by craze4sox

Maybe the "AVERAGE" Yankee fan, but certainly not the Yankee homers who for some inexplicable reason haunt the Globe.Com.  Colon is so obviously dirty, it's amazing anyone can argue the point.  Someone call Danny Almonte for his opinion, quick.  Consistently for as long as I've been a baseball fan, Yankee hyper-partisans have defended any travesty no matter how egregious (Derrick Jeter Gold Glove????.....RoidRocket coming in to relieve on 2 days rest in the ALCS.....Jason Juicambi taking Wake deep in extra inning in the same game)  that has helped them win.  The absurd money, the unwarranted hype, the awards, the roids, it's all good as long as they win.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Maier 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Maybe the "AVERAGE" Yankee fan, but certainly not the Yankee homers who for some inexplicable reason haunt the Globe.Com.  Colon is so obviously dirty, it's amazing anyone can argue the point.  Someone call Danny Almonte for his opinion, quick.  Consistently for as long as I've been a baseball fan, Yankee hyper-partisans have defended any travesty no matter how egregious (Derrick Jeter Gold Glove????.....RoidRocket coming in to relieve on 2 days rest in the ALCS.....Jason Juicambi taking Wake deep in extra inning in the same game)  that has helped them win.  The absurd money, the unwarranted hype, the awards, the roids, it's all good as long as they win. Sincerely, Jeffrey Maier 
    Posted by pennasoxfan67

You mean like how the red flops nation continuously defends big papi about his PED use?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Wow! This thread is a fun read, lot's of Sox/Yanks volley's back and forth sprinkeld with personal attacks.

I for one am suspisious of Colon's comeback, and trust me so too are many others in the baseball community, but that doesn't imply guilt of use, merely a lack of trust that players are as clean as MLB would like us to believe (uniform they wear is irrelevent). It certainly wouldn't surprise if one day his name ends up on a list of HGH user once and if baseball finally ends the grey area of thier current testing policy and implements the Olympic standard and starts using blood samples and urine for testing...Until then it'll be a game of smoke and mirrors. Like with the early days of steriod use, MLB is complicit and faciliates the use of PEDS by failing to act and strong arm the players union (with the full support of the US congress) to close the current "loop hole" in thier testing program.

Back to this thread...no one can prove that Colon has used...given the 2 year layoff and the preceeding 3 or 4 years of futility where his stuff, once among the games best, became very pedestian, losing some 9 MPH on his top end velocity when he once threw an easy 97 MPH fastball, it's hard to wrap my arms around the idea that he, given his portly stature, worked himself back into shape and found the missing 9 MPH on his fastball velocity with hard work, grit and determantion. Call me a skeptic, and I get that he had some sort of "new aged surgery"...and if indeed the procedures is what has "heeled him". the doctor who perfromed that Surgery should have a very long line at his door of young kids and the many MLB vet's that are or have suffered shoulder problems and are today on the outside looking in...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Wow! This thread is a fun read, lot's of Sox/Yanks volley's back and forth sprinkeld with personal attacks.Posted by Beantowne

It all comes down to two little kids arguing back and forth and totally getting away from the original subject. Just more nonsense.

Sections
Shortcuts