Colon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Needle marked Colon?

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon?:
    In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : This is not true in my case, not that I really care at this point what you think. Did you know you were wrong when you claimed I had aliases? Maybe not, but what if it's actually not true? Kind of puts a few holes in your statement. Specifically, this issue was an aside, and is largely superfluous to this thread.  Hanging your hat on this doesn't amount to much regarding Colon. And speaking of spin ....
    Posted by nhsteven

Thats the problem with you and harness, you are both in denial and neither of you really care about anyone who disagrees with you.  So you beat your personal beliefs into fans over and over and over until they get upset.

Then say you were provoked, get real.  I started this post as a joke because thats what it is and has never happened in all my years of watching the game.  Its a legitamate concern that should be looked into and addressed with everyone if legit. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Thats the problem with you and harness, you are both in denial and neither of you really care about anyone who disagrees with you.  So you beat your personal beliefs into fans over and over and over until they get upset. Then say you were provoked, get real.  I started this post as a joke because thats what it is and has never happened in all my years of watching the game.  Its a legitamate concern that should be looked into and addressed with everyone if legit.   
    Posted by craze4sox

Yes, it is. But what about my response to your previous comment? You claimed I was in denial, when I said "Was HGH involved? Perhaps.", and similar statements. How, exactly, is that denial?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Yes, it is. But what about my response to your previous comment? You claimed I was in denial, when I said "Was HGH involved? Perhaps.", and similar statements. How, exactly, is that denial?
    Posted by nhsteven

That one I missed nhsteven, at least you can entertain the fact so I apologize for that.  All I would like to see come out of this is a reasonable explanation that can be verified by experts in the medical profession. 

I'm sure they also find this quite amusing after years of trying to research this themselves..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : That one I missed nhsteven, at least you can entertain the fact so I apologize for that.  All I would like to see come out of this is a reasonable explanation that can be verified by experts in the medical profession.  I'm sure they also find this quite amusing after years of trying to research this themselves..  
    Posted by craze4sox

Apology accepted, and agreed. Finally, we're on the same page. And FTR, (although I'm repeating myself) I'm suspicious too. However, if it's legit, this could become as popular (or even moreso) as TJ.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Agreed. Finally, we're on the same page. And FTR, (although I'm repeating myself) I'm suspicious too. If it's legit, this could become as popular (or even moreso) as TJ.
    Posted by nhsteven

It will certainly be interesting to watch unfold and what after affects Colon may have as a result. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Colon?

Yes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Apology accepted, and agreed. Finally, we're on the same page. And FTR, (although I'm repeating myself) I'm suspicious too. However, if it's legit, this could become as popular (or even moreso) as TJ.
    Posted by nhsteven

I wonder if they will call it the Colon Injection.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Babe......They call it a colonoscopy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

LOL!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

yes, great comparison.  he is playing like Clemens and bonds and mcguire and giambi and pettitte and sosa and gradyson and teixiera and canseco and all the other juicers.  the evidence is overwelming.  WHY WON'T THEY SUSPEND HIM?  I DON'T GET IT.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it

What I don't understand is why won't BigPapi share his PED's with Lackey?  Clearly Lackey is on of the few Sox players that is clean he needs a boost from Papi.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : What I don't understand is why won't BigPapi share his PED's with Lackey?  Clearly Lackey is on of the few Sox players that is clean he needs a boost from Papi.
    Posted by Camelwalk

Just imagine Lackeys arm was even better than Colons before the "Well you know"

Good comeback?  I thought so

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Needle marked Colon? : Just imagine Lackeys arm was even better than Colons before the "Well you know" Good comeback?  I thought so
    Posted by craze4sox

As of yet Colon hasn't had any press conferences that Papi has had to hold...we'll see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

I think it's time to take a hard look at Freddie Garcia. He's got seven wins and a 3.13 ERA. He's taking something that is making him throw slower than last year. I mean c'mon--a Yankee, seven wins, 3.13, had unreported root canal work, has a Latin American family? I'm not buying it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: Colon?:
    I think it's time to take a hard look at Freddie Garcia. He's got seven wins and a 3.13 ERA. He's taking something that is making him throw slower than last year. I mean c'mon--a Yankee, seven wins, 3.13, had unreported root canal work, has a Latin American family? I'm not buying it.
    Posted by mfymfy

Garcia's WHIP is career average, as will his ERA be by the end of the season.

Colon's is the best of his career.  By quite a bit.  At age 38.  Thanks for playing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Question mark:

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Question mark:
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas

If I keep taking anymore of these insane vacations of mine, I am going to start needing to take PED's.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Colon? : Garcia's WHIP is career average, as will his ERA be by the end of the season. Colon's is the best of his career.  By quite a bit.  At age 38.  Thanks for playing.
    Posted by slomag

thank god you're not a lawyer

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Garcia's WHIP is career average, as will his ERA be by the end of the season...Thanks for playing.----slomag

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not sure why the boy wonder didn't sign him if this is an average year for Freddie. Try less whining, fewer excuses, more baseball. Thanks for having me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: Colon? : If I keep taking anymore of these insane vacations of mine, I am going to start needing to take PED's.
    Posted by jesseyeric

The MLB will investigate if your erections and performance are legitimate or not. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Colon? : Garcia's WHIP is career average, as will his ERA be by the end of the season. Colon's is the best of his career.  By quite a bit.  At age 38.  Thanks for playing.
    Posted by slomag

Don't you check these things before you post? Keep in mind the ERA+ is even better, 'cause 2002 had more hitting than now. And FWIW I'd rather have the Cy Young Colon (yet another season) than this yr's model, illegitimacy notwithstanding. '98-'00 were nice seasons also, given the preponderance of offense at the time, finishing 10th, 7th and 5th in the AL in ERA, respectively. To contrast, if he had enough innings to qualify this yr, he would be 12th.

Also, waiting for Garcia to implode could be a fruitless wait. He has evolved into a supreme finesse pitcher. Right now his ERA is 4.36 runs better than Lackey. In fact Nova's MLB ERA is 4.12, and he was just sent to the minors; the Yankees actually have a logjam right now in the SP department.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian1976. Show Brian1976's posts

Sometimes you don't need proof, you just know.....Sorry Yankee fans, hes on something not yet detectable.  As far as Manny goes, yeah he was on Roids and so was half your team in 2004 and half of baseball so dont take it personal.  What im saying is- Your boy is on Roids, it doesnt add up.  They must have done some mutant Stem cell surgery on him thats for sure.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Not sure whats upwith Colon, but whatever they did to him its working..Hes always been a pretty solid pitcher, but to be dominating at 38 is either pretty impressive or pretty sketchy..

"Also, waiting for Garcia to implode could be a fruitless wait. He has evolved into a supreme finesse pitcher. Right now his ERA is 4.36 runs better than Lackey. In fact Nova's MLB ERA is 4.12, and he was just sent to the minors; the Yankees actually have a logjam right now in the SP department." ~NHsteven~

It appears that he has turned himself into more of a finesse pitcher Steve. Which could add a few more years to his career. Im not holding my breath for him to fall off a cliff..although one can hopeSealed

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: Colon? :   http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/colonba01.shtml Don't you check these things before you post? Keep in mind the ERA+ is even better, 'cause 2002 had more hitting than now. And FWIW I'd rather have the Cy Young Colon (yet another season) than this yr's model, illegitimacy notwithstanding. '98-'00 were nice seasons also, given the preponderance of offense at the time, finishing 10th, 7th and 5th in the AL in ERA, respectively. To contrast, if he had enough innings to qualify this yr, he would be 12th. Also, waiting for Garcia to implode could be a fruitless wait. He has evolved into a supreme finesse pitcher. Right now his ERA is 4.36 runs better than Lackey. In fact Nova's MLB ERA is 4.12, and he was just sent to the minors; the Yankees actually have a logjam right now in the SP department.
    Posted by nhsteven

Yes, I followed your link and saw that Colon's WHIP is currently 1.055.  The best of his career was his cy young season when he posted a 1.159.  

I think we can all agree that WHIP is a better measure of a pitcher's performance than ERA.  Finesse or not, Garcia's WHIP of 1.272 is too high to be commensurate with a 3.15 ERA.  In fact, it's the highest WHIP of any pitcher with an ERA under 3.28.  Burnett's WHIP is lower than Garcia's.  It's not a bad WHIP - just more in line with his career stats.  That's not an implosion, but you are not likely to see the results you saw in the first half.

As for Nova, If you're expecting better results from Hughes, I'm not sure what that's based on. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Colon? : Yes, I followed your link and saw that Colon's WHIP is currently 1.055.  The best of his career was his cy young season when he posted a 1.159.   I think we can all agree that WHIP is a better measure of a pitcher's performance than ERA.  Finesse or not, Garcia's WHIP of 1.272 is too high to be commensurate with a 3.15 ERA.  In fact, it's the highest WHIP of any pitcher with an ERA under 3.28.  Burnett's WHIP is lower than Garcia's.  It's not a bad WHIP - just more in line with his career stats.  That's not an implosion, but you are not likely to see the results you saw in the first half. As for Nova, If you're expecting better results from Hughes, I'm not sure what that's based on. 
    Posted by slomag

If Hughes doesn't perform he can be sent back to the bullpen and Nova recalled from Scranton.  Its nice to have options, hows Lackey and Bucholz?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Posted by mfymfy

Garcia is basically the same guy we have seen for years.  If he gets his breaking ball over the plate he can be effective.  No surprises, Colon is a completely different story.

Sections
Shortcuts