'Coma Bashers Read This...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

'Coma Bashers Read This...

My guess is you will bash our next manager as much as Tito.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: 'Coma Bashers Read This...

In Response to 'Coma Bashers Read This...:
    Posted by moonslav59

I'm sure of it moon

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

I will be putting money on that wager thank you!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

My guess is they'll wish Francona was still the manager.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The Drew bashers have already started transitioning to Crawford.

Maybe they'll get someone cut from the same cloth as Bellichik.  Can you imagine 162 televised post game press conferences with BB?  In a great season, he'd still lose 35% of the games, that's at least 60 press conferences with, "gotta play better.  gotta do a better job on offense.  Gotta do a better job on defense.  Gotta do a better job on special teams.  gotta do a better job of coaching."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

It may get much worse and specially in the new manager's first year.

Best Red Sox manager in my lifetime, period. Williams might have been close but he did not have Tito's staying power and never could have survived the 21st Century media market here.

Now that this is done, the RS still have a starting pitching staff that runs three deep (Beckett, Lester, Buch) and a $20M LF who played like Daniel Nava in 2011. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Thats for sure.  Francona makes mistakes, but so do all managers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Quiting is the worst move Tito ever made!!!

Couldn't resist :)

-Daf

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't give a rats patoot what you think but Tippy had lost control and he even admitted it! I thought he was losing his grip in 08 and that's probably when the slow train started rolling.. His ingame managing was terrible over the last two seasons,sorry if the truth hurts you guys. He never was able to right the ship when it started to list I will give him cuddo's for going down with his ship. Every leader has a shelf life it's one of the reasons the presidency is only for 4 years and no more than 8 total. If you guys can't except the change find a new team to root for,I for one look forward to see where the Sox go to find the new leader!
     Were I Theo I would contact the Rays and ask for permission to interview Martinez and Hickey. I know everyone thinks bobby Valentine can't manage but he took his last two Japanese teams to their world series! Others to watch Ken Macha,Trey Hillman,and of course Tony Pena...Good luck to Tippy and I thank him for his leadership in 04 and 07.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: 'Coma Bashers Read This...:
     I don't give a rats patoot what you think but Tippy had lost control and he even admitted it! I thought he was losing his grip in 08 and that's probably when the slow train started rolling.. His ingame managing was terrible over the last two seasons,sorry if the truth hurts you guys. He never was able to right the ship when it started to list I will give him cuddo's for going down with his ship. Every leader has a shelf life it's one of the reasons the presidency is only for 4 years and no more than 8 total. If you guys can't except the change find a new team to root for,I for one look forward to see where the Sox go to find the new leader!  Were I Theo I would contact the Rays and ask for permission to interview Martinez and Hickey. I know everyone thinks bobby Valentine can't manage but he took his last two Japanese teams to their world series! Others to watch Ken Macha,Trey Hillman,and of course Tony Pena...Good luck to Tippy and I thank him for his leadership in 04 and 07.
    Posted by sportsbozo1
    Yeah, yeah, yeah.

He's gone. And the roster is still the roster. just like the NYY found out in 2008 that it wasn't Torre, it was the roster, so will the RS if they make the right changes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

It may get much worse and specially in the new manager's first year. Best Red Sox manager in my lifetime, period. Williams might have been close but he did not have Tito's staying power and never could have survived the 21st Century media market here. Now that this is done, the RS still have a starting pitching staff that runs three deep (Beckett, Lester, Buch) and a $20M LF who played like Daniel Nava in 2011. 
    Posted by fivekatz
    I take umbridge to your insulting Daniel Nava by invoking Crawford to be his equal,Daniel has never played that brand of baseball,though he might be limited he at least truly gave 100% every game he's played in......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

yea i hate francona so much that i cant wait to attack the next manager...

wow

its like the last three years of bad decision making and lax managing never happened

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Posted by moonslav59

As true as Tampa won't be going away next year, count on it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Francona didn't get fired. He decided 8 years in Boston was enough. From what I took away from his statement, he was tired of the country club atmosphere and the cliqueishness in the club house saying that a "new voice" was needed in Boston. In plain English, he's had enough of the BS from the front office and the
    prima donna players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Francona didn't get fired. He decided 8 years in Boston was enough. From what I took away from his statement, he was tired of the country club atmosphere and the cliqueishness in the club house saying that a "new voice" was needed in Boston. 
    Posted by soxdawg08

The statements that were released were probably all written together and not singly by Francona,Theo or any other member of the front office.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Look the MAN admitted that he had allowed games to slip[ away earlier in the year but that he decided it was a LONG SEASON..... therefore he was trying to protect the health (according to him) of the players early.

5-6 games he said something to this effect when he allowed a game that they were winning to slip away and become a loss....

"IF" they had won even half of those- then this team is in the playoffs and everyone is happy.   He made the choice to not play for a win, but rather hope that the future would be brighter tomorrow if he were willing to lose tonight.

He and Kieth Olberman are friends, so maybe he will pop up on thye AL GORE netowrk also.   I wish him luck in his personal life, but I believe that he made the right choice for this team at this time..... He ALLOWED his team to lose games, and a manager's place (in any profession) is to strive for success of their charges, and the assetts under their control.   HE SAID HE CHOSE TO WORRY ABOUT LATER... vice take the win in his grasp today.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinjin5000. Show sinjin5000's posts

sportsbozo1 has it right, it was francona's job to keep control of the club house, he didn't and now he's gone, same thing happens to managers in the real world, you don't do your job, you get fired. 

and I am tired of hearing that francona is the only person in the world that can manage the RS, if that were true, how come were not in the playoffs????? 

Epstein is next in line, can his as..... before he signs another crawford. 

and while the RS are at it get rid of Ortiz, saltty,lackey,varitek,jenks,wakefield,bedard,mcdonald,miller,wheeler, and two or three others.

bring in some young blood who will at least give a crap.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

This is why i gave up on the Sox's in 67. The team never knows what it really has until they make changes to make people feel justified for what did not happen. Tito was and is one of the best managers in the game. For Boston to not give him a contract to stay on. Shame on you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

It is what it is.  It's time to move on.  Something was wrong this year and you have to start at the top.  Guys weren't performing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Agree it was time for a change...I do hope the new manager has a little fire in him and is not mild mannered and excuse laden.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Posted by moonslav59

I would put a paycheck on this absolutely happening. There are many on this forum that are here for one and only one reason....to bash.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

sportsbozo1 has it right, it was francona's job to keep control of the club house, he didn't and now he's gone, same thing happens to managers in the real world, you don't do your job, you get fired.  and I am tired of hearing that francona is the only person in the world that can manage the RS, if that were true, how come were not in the playoffs?????  Epstein is next in line, can his as..... before he signs another crawford.  and while the RS are at it get rid of Ortiz, saltty,lackey,varitek,jenks,wakefield,bedard,mcdonald,miller,wheeler, and two or three others. bring in some young blood who will at least give a crap.  
    Posted by sinjin5000
    Enjoy watching the AL version of the Houston Astros if the RS actually follow all your advice.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I always love how critism of Francona's questionable decisions is "Bashing" !! I will say this, whoever the new manager is, if he pulls the same crap Tito did, he will be called on it too. I will wager on that !! The Funny thing that keeps running through my mind today is how many of the Supporter's even knew who Francona was in 2003? The guy was on Basball's scrapheap !! The Sox made Francona, Francona didn't make the Sox !!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The haters have found the next JD Drew in Crawford, and they will give the new manager a week in April 2012 before some start calling for his dismissal.  Some things never change. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannimota. Show mannimota's posts

I don't give a rats patoot what you think but Tippy had lost control and he even admitted it! I thought he was losing his grip in 08 and that's probably when the slow train started rolling.. His ingame managing was terrible over the last two seasons,sorry if the truth hurts you guys. He never was able to right the ship when it started to list I will give him cuddo's for going down with his ship. Every leader has a shelf life it's one of the reasons the presidency is only for 4 years and no more than 8 total. If you guys can't except the change find a new team to root for,I for one look forward to see where the Sox go to find the new leader!  Were I Theo I would contact the Rays and ask for permission to interview Martinez and Hickey. I know everyone thinks bobby Valentine can't manage but he took his last two Japanese teams to their world series! Others to watch Ken Macha,Trey Hillman,and of course Tony Pena...Good luck to Tippy and I thank him for his leadership in 04 and 07.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

Excellent post!  Tito's tenure was (mostly) wonderful, but it ran it's course.  It happens.  Ask Joe Torre.  He won 4 WCs and Yankees parted ways with him when his message and style was no longer working.  Thank you, Tito.  Sorry it had to end this way.  Wish your legacy was measured solely by 04/07 successes and didn't include this colossal collapse.

Sections
Shortcuts