COMA LOST THIS ONE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duffie33. Show Duffie33's posts

COMA LOST THIS ONE

He is so concerned about being a players manager and not hurting one persons feelings that he sacrifices the rest of the team.

There is no reason NONE that Aceves was out there in 3rd - he walked 5 batters in a row - he obviously is missing something tonight - but no COMA feels it is more important to leave him out there to work it out himself - well there is 2 more runs

Can't be loved all the time and that is what he cares about

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: COMA LOST THIS ONE

Rare is the manager who will jerk a starter after two innings when he's only given up 2 runs.  In fact, that is never done without an injury. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Or maybe he didn't want to have his bullpen pitch seven innings?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

yeah who in the pen is going to eat the innings???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

It doesn't surprise me to see you have given up already!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

coma is terrible as far as managerial skills go and the ability to make smart logical decisions. This is why aceves is a bullpen guy, not a starter. Walking 5 guys in row against the worst offensive team in the majors is just inexcusable. Felix doubront should have been called up to start this game(bowden could have been sent down) and then aceves would have been left in the pen. Now, aceves is pitching like crap and we cant take him out because it would kill the pen. Lets just hope aceves gets through at least 5 innings, hopefully 6 and then the pen can take over from there. Also we need to put some runs on the board. Who knows why papi was taking on a 3-1 count with runners on 1st and 2nd and then swings at a crap pitching on 3-2. Pads did catch some breaks though with 2 liners getting knocked down by latos that would have been singles up the middle. Still latos is struggling and we have to make him pay for the mistakes he was making.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

josh reddick, 2-2 for with a triple, double, and an rbi. I think we know who our starting left fielder is until crawford is back then he will be our starting right fielder.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

In Response to COMA LOST THIS ONE:
    [QUOTE]He is so concerned about being a players manager and not hurting one persons feelings that he sacrifices the rest of the team. There is no reason NONE that Aceves was out there in 3rd - he walked 5 batters in a row - he obviously is missing something tonight - but no COMA feels it is more important to leave him out there to work it out himself - well there is 2 more runs Can't be loved all the time and that is what he cares about
    Posted by Duffie33[/QUOTE]

Did I miss something? Did the Sox lose already?
    Maybe my computer is slow, but it says it's a 4-3 game in the 5th...with Aceves working a 1-2-3 inning no less.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

yeah and ACE bounced back and pitched a couple of good innings and we are only down by one... im not too worried about it.. every time a game goes south there is a fire fancona thread...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: COMA LOST THIS ONE:
    [QUOTE]Did I miss something? Did the Sox lose already? Maybe my computer is slow, but it says it's a 4-3 game in the 5th...
    Posted by markes8336[/QUOTE]

The OP is just another Chicken Little who knows zip about baseball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: COMA LOST THIS ONE : The OP is just another Chicken Little who knows zip about baseball.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

I never said that - lol.   ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Pull your starting pitcher after two innings? And then what? Please, pray tell!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]He is so concerned about being a players manager and not hurting one persons feelings that he sacrifices the rest of the team. There is no reason NONE that Aceves was out there in 3rd - he walked 5 batters in a row - he obviously is missing something tonight - but no COMA feels it is more important to leave him out there to work it out himself - well there is 2 more runs Can't be loved all the time and that is what he cares about

I guess some of the yahoos who don't understand the game are still around even though the Sox have been playing great baseball lately.  Funny, it's really those that criticize that are actuallly in a COMA!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Pull your starting pitcher after two innings? And then what? Please, pray tell!
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

lloyd,

You really didn't expect the OP to answer you. He has just 66 posts. He's the type that pulls his head out of his butt, makes a stupid post, then runs off and hide.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: COMA LOST THIS ONE : lloyd, You really didn't expect the OP to answer you. He has just 66 posts. He's the type that pulls his head out of his butt, makes a stupid post, then runs off and hide.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Roy,

I'm not aware of the fool who came up with this thread, but he doesn't know much about baseball. The Red Sox have the second best record in both leagues and a few posters still think Tito is clueless. How bout pulling the starter after two innings and blowing a few arms in the bullpen from over use. Someone wanted to start Doubrant instead of Aceves, but they seem to forget Aceves already has given us some good quality starts.

Before people post to the site they should submit to a baseball IQ test.

Hetchinspete.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

What an idiot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Since the RS tied up the game, it won't be Tito's fault regarding Aceves but now that Padres got the lead it will Terry using Wheeler. If the RS tie it again and another pitcher surrenders the lead it will be using that pitcher.

If only the 162-0 RS had a better manager, like any of the arm chair fans that post this stuff...

Just my take...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Since the RS tied up the game, it won't be Tito's fault regarding Aceves but now that Padres got the lead it will Terry using Wheeler. If the RS tie it again and another pitcher surrenders the lead it will be using that pitcher. If only the 162-0 RS had a better manager, like any of the arm chair fans that post this stuff... Just my take...
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Hey five, it is ureal isn't it.  People are never happy no matter what.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Since the RS tied up the game, it won't be Tito's fault regarding Aceves but now that Padres got the lead it will Terry using Wheeler. If the RS tie it again and another pitcher surrenders the lead it will be using that pitcher. If only the 162-0 RS had a better manager, like any of the arm chair fans that post this stuff... Just my take...
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

It really is a nice deal managing from the arm chair.  A few beers, some snacks, you're always right until proven indisputably wrong, and when that happens you just grin and shrug.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Pull him in the 3rd and absolutely burn the pen...yeah, that's smart.  Submit your CV to Monster.  Maybe there is a managerial opening for you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I was just thinking, if Tito wasn't so busy trying to make Adrian Gonzalez happy, he would have known AGon would bobble the ball hit to him at first alllowing the go ahead run to score and would have replaced him with Drew Sutton or a player in Pawtucket with Doubront who should have started tonight.

If the Sox come back tonight it will be in spite of "sit and spit" as are all the other wins, playoff appearances and two WS championships. What this club needs is a guy like Butch Hobson at the helm.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Gang, I've got to believe this guy is yanking -- that's YANK ing -- everyone's chain. There's no way anyone could be that ignorant.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]Now that was funny but sadly there are RS fans who think just like the OP.

Thanks for the smile. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

JD Drew is one of worst players I have seen in all 4 major sports

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

[QUOTE]I was just thinking, if Tito wasn't so busy trying to make Adrian Gonzalez happy, he would have known AGon would bobble the ball hit to him at first alllowing the go ahead run to score and would have replaced him with Drew Sutton or a player in Pawtucket with Doubront who should have started tonight. If the Sox come back tonight it will be in spite of "sit and spit" as are all the other wins, playoff appearances and two WS championships. What this club needs is a guy like Butch Hobson at the helm.

"COMA LOST THIS ONE"

Some of you guys need to grow the F#$k Up.

I honestly think that Yankee fans have more respect for Terry Fracona than some of the imbeciles in the Nation.  

I can't wait until some of you get your wish and he's no lomger the RS manager.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Aceves did what he could after losing it completely that one inning. At the same time, the Sox rapped out 13 hits and could only plate 4. So this one falls on the offense, not the pitcher or Francona's decision making. Of course, if Tim Wakefield walked two straight, Francona would have yanked him...but I digress.