COMA LOST THIS ONE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: COMA LOST THIS ONE

by the way, i tried to use the phrase "b-a-nged" out 13 hits, and the forum would not allow the word...unreal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

i shagged that little pussy-cat

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

and that got by....uh...okay

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

chitty, chitty, bang, bang

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duffie33. Show Duffie33's posts

Wow - WHAT MANAGER IS GONNA PULL THE SP IN THE 2ND INNING AND BURN THE PEN!!!!! WHAT AN IDIOT

Really???? You guys are that dense - burn the pen that is what you are worried about? A guy obviiously is missing something on a paticular night - and walking 5 in a row is missing something (gave up 2 more runs after we kept him in - apparently to save the bull pen - well thank god for that)

We are ALWAYS looking to save the pen - dont we do that for a day like this?  Hell we are going to pitch Bard and Pap in 8-9 multiple days in a row anyways.  So I can't use Albers, Bowden, Hottovy, and Wheeler to eat up 5 innings - isn't that what we save the bull pen for?  Don't make a habit of it - but is those rare rare cases where your SP cant throw a strike for his life can't we use them????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: COMA LOST THIS ONE:
    Wow - WHAT MANAGER IS GONNA PULL THE SP IN THE 2ND INNING AND BURN THE PEN!!!!! WHAT AN IDIOT Really???? You guys are that dense - burn the pen that is what you are worried about? A guy obviiously is missing something on a paticular night - and walking 5 in a row is missing something (gave up 2 more runs after we kept him in - apparently to save the bull pen - well thank god for that) We are ALWAYS looking to save the pen - dont we do that for a day like this?  Hell we are going to pitch Bard and Pap in 8-9 multiple days in a row anyways.  So I can't use Albers, Bowden, Hottovy, and Wheeler to eat up 5 innings - isn't that what we save the bull pen for?  Don't make a habit of it - but is those rare rare cases where your SP cant throw a strike for his life can't we use them????
    Posted by Duffie33

Hottovy and Wheeler both have ERA's around 7.  You just can't count on them and Bowden to put together a bunch of scoreless innings for you.  There's a pretty good chance one of them is going to get lit up.  Tito stayed with Aceves, he settled down and pitched a scoreless 4th and 5th.  Tito managed the game as well as he could.  We just couldn't cash in enough of our chances to score runs.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Wow - WHAT MANAGER IS GONNA PULL THE SP IN THE 2ND INNING AND BURN THE PEN!!!!! WHAT AN IDIOT Really???? You guys are that dense - burn the pen that is what you are worried about? A guy obviiously is missing something on a paticular night - and walking 5 in a row is missing something (gave up 2 more runs after we kept him in - apparently to save the bull pen - well thank god for that) We are ALWAYS looking to save the pen - dont we do that for a day like this?  Hell we are going to pitch Bard and Pap in 8-9 multiple days in a row anyways.  So I can't use Albers, Bowden, Hottovy, and Wheeler to eat up 5 innings - isn't that what we save the bull pen for?  Don't make a habit of it - but is those rare rare cases where your SP cant throw a strike for his life can't we use them????
    Posted by Duffie33

I agree with some of what you're saying. You don't understand baseball the way the Francona minions do. Everyone in the bullpen was being saved for specific games in September, just in case they might be needed then.  The idea that a reliever or relievers might have held the opponents to 4 runs is of no consequence.
    My problem with last nights game was with men on 1st and 2nd, no outs, Reddick squared to bunt on the 1st pitch. Then swung away without moving the runners up a base.. but in hindsight, I realize that he only has a limited number of bunts in his bat per season, and Francona wants to save those bunts for a stretch run. Makes perfect sense to me. You do know that games in April don't count as much as games in, oops, my bad, I meant to say games in May don't count, ummmmm sorry again games in JUNE don't count as much as............and so forth. Remember, July is almost here, but fear not, those games won't count as much either.   And they call others idiots?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If we were drifting back and forth around the .500 line I might bother to find fault with last nights loss.... however as of late the Red Sox are simply a Big Red (Sox) Machine, and when it comes right down to it you just cannot win em' all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Exactly burrito..Your not going to win them all..Those who hate Francona are the most irrational ones IMO..No, i definitely dont agree with all his calls..I dont know any manager that Ive agreed with all his calls..But the reality of it is he has every bit of info during gametime to make the best decision..NONE OF US have the resources he does. You DONT burn your bullpen when only down by 2 in the second inning with this offense. Aceves got it back and had a couple clean innings and the game was tied when he left..The Sox had 13 hits and couldnt come up big in the right situations..Yeah, blame Francona for Gonzo striking out with the bases loaded or him flubbing the play to let the winning run score..But go ahead and defend your feeble "Francona lost this game" nonsense..You Guys just show how you let your dislike for him cover your eyes to the facts..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

This is ridiculous,  just another excuse to bash Francona.  You've just had a couple pitchers go onto the D.L. your stretched a little thin...so when more often than not pitchers recover after a bad inning you think it's a bad idea to send your starter out there for the 3rd inning???? please

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

These are the same people who don't understand why pitchers can't throw every day like they do in 2K Sports.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Posted by Duffie33

You've got a hadnful of pitchers injured and a day game to follow and you are so certain you would start dipping in the second inning.  Well, I sure am glad we have an idiot running the show and not you.

Sections
Shortcuts