Comcast Sports: Sox decide against exercising option on Francona contract.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Comcast Sports: Sox decide against exercising option on Francona contract.

just announced on Boston News network NECN, Francona met with John Henry this morning and was fired.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Francona Fired

He is a free agent isn't he? He cannot be fired. He was told he would not be re-signed. No?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Francona Fired:
    He is a free agent isn't he? He cannot be fired. He was told he would not be re-signed. No?
    Posted by BurritoT

that's exactly how is was reported, Burrito. They said fired.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Francona Fired:
    just announced on Boston News network NECN, Francona met with Joh Henry this morning and was fired.
    Posted by J-BAY

Its not his fault, it was the players. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Interesting - guess we will see,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Problem is not between Theo and Terry, it is John Henry and Terry.  John Henry isnt happy the way Francona have managed this year.  So therefore, Terry is unhappy hearing all the verbal complains from Henry.  Now that is the main reason why Terry is leaving!!!  Guess Henry is all over him in past two years!!!

Same problem with Theo, John Henry pressured Theo to get Lackey and Crawford cuz Henry didnt want either one to go to the Yankees.  Instead Theo was forced to signed both of them.  That was also what happen with Mark Texeria backing out of Boston's deal cuz John Henry was at the meeting.  

I think John Henry is the one screwed up the organization in the last three years.  He got to relax and let these people do the jobs.  They know what they are doing more than John do!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

weei just reported the meeting was @ 10.am

but yeah other sources are using the word fired

when it's his option that is not being picked up

personally I think he's quitting

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

agreed. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

weei just reported the meeting was @ 10.am but yeah other sources are using the word fired when it's his option that is not being picked up personally I think he's quitting
    Posted by pinstripezac32

just said it was confirmed by Comcast sports on NECN Zac.  it could have been a mutual decision. I think it was the teams option, not franconas. regardless, he's out. i thank and wish him well

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Can't blame him for wanting to get out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

I think it's good for both parties...Sox need a change, the players they have now don't seem to respond to his style, just my opinion.  I still think he's a good manager and will find the right place and be successful.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Tito will be unemployed for about 10 minutes. Wherever he lands will instantly become my second-favorite team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Technically, Tito can't be fired. Why? Because the Red Sox have two option years on him. Either they are not picking up the option or Tito has requested that they not pick them up. Either way, he is not fired. All kind of moot. Tito is gone. Now let's hear all the Tito haters revel in his leaving......and then tell us all who you think should take his place and why.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

As i am sure BILL806 dad always said.....Careful what you wish for....you just might get it.....I don't see an available Manager out there who is clealry better than Francona.....but if the stories are true that he lost control of the team....I guess the Sox have no choice. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Yeah, the two guys who haven't played the game- Epstein and Henry -know somuch more about the game than the rest.  They know much more than these schleps who depend on their money.

The bottom line: I do not have to like or watch their team(s)..I mean PRODUCTS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

"I think John Henry is the one screwed up the organization in the last three years."

Ding, ding, ding .... we have a winner.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

fter listening to the presser yesterday and Tito's reaction recently to dumb questions while doing his weekly appearance on WEEI I think that Tito is just burnt out on the "Boston grind".

On the flip side there is going to be a lot of pressure by the ownership group to make changes somewhere and even though the problems may have been more related to personnel construction (GM) the logical guy to go is the field manager. That's just the way it is, you can't fire the players and blowing up a FO where Epstein ends up with 25-40% of the talent following him to his next stop makes no sense.

So this probably wil have a lot of mutual overtones. Sadly, I don't think he is going to be a very easy guy to replace. And much of what he did in game is going to continue with the next guy because that very SABRmetric approach is a RS core philosphy that starts in the owners suite and works down through the organization. And the collapse of 2011 was no afailure of SABRmetrics, it was a failure of starting pitching.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

comcast sports...both sides met at fenway. technically, the team did not pick up the option, it is believed it was a mutual decision and both parties agreed after eight years it was time to part ways.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

You should change the Thread Title, inaccurate and not a good headline. How about Sox choose not to Force Tito to have to manage a bunch of Babies.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Another thread has this covered ...

But, thanks Tito for all the good stuff.

Managing in Boston had to be heck sometimes.

I hope you do well in all you new ventures - unless they somehow strike against the Sox.

Two WS crowns ... a tip o' the lid toya!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

It is too bad Francona was released and taking all the heat for their demise. He did make some very poor manager decisions this final month, but overall, the players need to take ownership of being lazy, overweight and not hungry enough and playing so poorly.  And I am not sure a new mananger will be the answer if they don't change this team. Players need to go. Fact. Or this team will suffer again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

I will be happy to go on record and say that 1) the Sox will be more fun to watch next year under a new manager, and 2) they will produce a better record than they did the last two years. If either one of these is not true at this time next year, please feel free to post that I was wrong.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I will be happy to go on record and say that 1) the Sox will be more fun to watch next year under a new manager, and 2) they will produce a better record than they did the last two years. If either one of these is not true at this time next year, please feel free to post that I was wrong.
    Posted by pschuller

Doesn't that depend on one small detail? Namely, who they hire?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Tito will be unemployed for about 10 minutes. Wherever he lands will instantly become my second-favorite team.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Tito will take the vacant manager's job in Chicago so you can say your 2 favorite teams are the Sox.

He won't be fired.    John Henry will just say the 2 option years he has on Tito's contract will not be picked up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

Re: Comcast Sports: Francona Released

Tito was a class act. Hard to believe theo gets to stay with the signings he made.

Sections
Shortcuts