Comcast Sports: Sox decide against exercising option on Francona contract.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Francona Fired

In Response to Re: Francona Fired:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona Fired : Doesn't that depend on one small detail? Namely, who they hire?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Francona isn't going to be easy to replace.  I don't look forward to the Red Sox having a new manager. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Re: Comcast Sports: Francona Released

In Response to Re: Comcast Sports: Francona Released:
    [QUOTE]Francona managed the greatest comeback in the history of sports.  This year's collapse was due his being compromised by his relationships with players from both championship teams.  How could he not crack down on overweight players like Beckett and Lester because of this.  He should not have been fired but I am sure he realized how difficult corralling this team of older, overpaid and out of shape players.  He is a happier man today. I thank him for his work here and I am not sure we could have won in 2004 without him.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Who was managing when they went down 0-3 to the Yanks?? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Comcast Sports: Francona Released

In Response to Re: Comcast Sports: Francona Released:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Comcast Sports: Francona Released : I agree. Theo needs to go as well. Then Curt Young and some of the coaches.
    Posted by DirtDawgSox[/QUOTE]

Agree with you about Curt Young.  He probably is most to blame for the Red Sox pitching struggles in September. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona Fired : Yes, his options were not picked up. He is not fired. Henry made the decision.
    Posted by DirtDawgSox[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that I understand. The team had options and they decided to not exercise those options. By doing so, they let him go. You're not fired, but we don't want you as our manager next year. Hold your head high, you're not being fired. Just don't show up next year. What's so hard to understand, he was FIRED!
    Good Riddance!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Re: Comcast Sports: Sox decide against exercising option on Francona contract.

Francona arrives back at Fenway

September, 30, 2011
    SEP 30
    1:46
    PM ET
    BOSTON -- Red Sox manager Terry Francona arrived back at Fenway Park a few minutes ago. 

Not sure what we can read into that yet, but worth passing along.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Wheres old Grady Little these days?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

i hope theo and tito reunite somewhere!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

[QUOTE]weei just reported the meeting was @ 10.am but yeah other sources are using the word fired when it's his option that is not being picked up personally I think he's quitting
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Tito technically was not fired . His contract was over and the Sawks had a 2 year option. But no matter what you call it, I see Tito working next year and possibly for Ken Williams.

Sections
Shortcuts