Coming from nowhere

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Coming from nowhere

I'm not sure anyone has noticed but KC is 12-6 for the month of August and are now just 4 games behind Boston for the WC.
    Not only that, but Seattle is just 1 game behind the Sox; 9-7 for August.

If these two teams, who everyone thought were basement teams, can get hot and run off some wins, there is no reason that the third highest scoring team can't do it either.

It's all about attitude, desire, and believing. Someone on this roster needs to rally the troops and if that means calling out players for underperforming and a lack of effort, then so be it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Coming from nowhere

In Response to Coming from nowhere:
    I'm not sure anyone has noticed but KC is 12-6 for the month of August and are now just 4 games behind Boston for the WC. Not only that, but Seattle is just 1 game behind the Sox; 9-7 for August. If these two teams, who everyone thought were basement teams, can get hot and run off some wins, there is no reason that the third highest scoring team can't do it either. It's all about attitude, desire, and believing. Someone on this roster needs to rally the troops and if that means calling out players for underperforming and a lack of effort, then so be it!
    Posted by Alibiike

I've been waiting for that to happen since June. Hasn't happened yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Alibi, if they fired the manager, you might have gotten that "attitude, desire, and believing." But you are as stubborn as the organization thinking it would magically change the atmosphere of the clubhouse/dugout. Again, not about BV's ability, it's about the team not responding to him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

I'm not sure anyone has noticed but KC is 12-6 for the month of August and are now just 4 games behind Boston for the WC. Not only that, but Seattle is just 1 game behind the Sox; 9-7 for August. If these two teams, who everyone thought were basement teams, can get hot and run off some wins, there is no reason that the third highest scoring team can't do it either. It's all about attitude, desire, and believing. Someone on this roster needs to rally the troops and if that means calling out players for underperforming and a lack of effort, then so be it!
    Posted by Alibiike

Those teams don't have overpaid veterans who don't care. Their managers don't have to worry about hurting any egos. We all may be looking at the basement team.  They play on Yawkey Way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Posted by Alibiike

The Seattle Mariners have posted a Pythagorean record of 61-61 playing the tough American League West. With one of the youngest rosters in baseball, the Mariners are 22-13 (.629) since the All Star break.

While Safeco Field has suppressed the numbers of Seattle's talented young hitters, the Mariners are tied for sixth among all MLB teams in runs scored on the road.

With top prospects Mike Zunino, Taijuan Walker, Danny Hultzen, Nick Franklin and James Paxton waiting in the wings, cautious optimism abounds in the Pacific Northwest.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Coming from nowhere:
    Alibi, if they fired the manager, you might have gotten that "attitude, desire, and believing." But you are as stubborn as the organization thinking it would magically change the atmosphere of the clubhouse/dugout. Again, not about BV's ability, it's about the team not responding to him.
    Posted by dannycater

So, the organization should only hire a manager that the players like? Should the players be included in the hiring and firing of management, up and down the line?

You are right that some of these players have not responded to Valentine, but would they have responded to anyone? Some may still hold a grudge against the removal of Francona, but that is childish and immature.

These guys are professionals and should be able to put personal feelings aside for the good of the team. if they can't do that, then they don't deserve to win, or be part of a winning team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Then you get what you get because clearly this team can't win under BV

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Posted by Alibiike

Can't see it happening, and if management shuts down Crawford, it means their eyes are geared to '13'. I've been hoping for that winning streak all year, but with recent events, I think what matters most to the players is they CTOA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Posted by dannycater

I'm afraid you're right ...  the response wasn't what the FO was searching for.  I don't know who they would have found better.  I was confounded that Bobby was a last minute option ... and then won the beauty pageant. 

Yet, I do recall a lot of people were calling for a general to get the troops whipped into shape ...

The scenario has not worked out well.

I still insist that injuries have played a major role in the way the season has played out.  To be fair to Bobby, he has yet to have the team that was planned for in Spring Training.

Closer and set up man gone before or soon after the first pitch.
       First & 2nd Thirdbaseman injured ...
       Outfield has been populated by almost everyone in Southie
         on & on & on ....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: Coming from nowhere : I'm afraid you're right ...  the response wasn't what the FO was searching for.  I don't know who they would have found better.  I was confounded that Bobby was a last minute option ... and then won the beauty pageant.  Yet, I do recall a lot of people were calling for a general to get the troops whipped into shape ...      The scenario has not worked out well. I still insist that injuries have played a major role in the way the season has played out.  To be fair to Bobby, he has yet to have the team that was planned for in Spring Training.    Closer and set up man gone before or soon after the first pitch.    First & 2nd Thirdbaseman injured ...    Outfield has been populated by almost everyone in Southie      on & on & on ....
    Posted by SinceYaz

Generals don't whip troops into shape. Sergeants do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

True.  Most of the time.

A fella named Patton might be the exception.

My older son would appreciate your clarification.  I often email him as "Sarge"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Posted by Alibiike

Even mediocre teams have runs like that.....and have runs where they are 6-12. This says more about the talent level on the Red Sox than anything else.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

AND THE MANAGER.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

AND THE MANAGER.
    Posted by dannycater

Jesus Christ could not have managed this team into the playoffs. Give Girardi the Royals roster and see what he can do with that...or our roster for that matter. This is NOT mostly Valentine's fault.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Jesus Christ would have been fired too if he was 3 games under .500.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Posted by dannycater

Not with this roster. God is much wiser than that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If God was wiser, he'd have given Ben C and Larry L brains instead of some jars listed as "abbynormal"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Posted by dannycater

If Jesus had gotten fired, it would have been God's will.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In Response to Re: Coming from nowhere : So, the organization should only hire a manager that the players like? Should the players be included in the hiring and firing of management, up and down the line? You are right that some of these players have not responded to Valentine, but would they have responded to anyone? Some may still hold a grudge against the removal of Francona, but that is childish and immature. These guys are professionals and should be able to put personal feelings aside for the good of the team. if they can't do that, then they don't deserve to win, or be part of a winning team.
    Posted by Alibiike

Nor do they deserve a guaranteed contract.......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Enough with the fire BV, this team only used him for a excuse to quit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In Response to Coming from nowhere :   Can't see it happening, and if management shuts down Crawford, it means their eyes are geared to '13'. I've been hoping for that winning streak all year, but with recent events, I think what matters most to the players is they CTOA.
    Posted by attic-dan

Can you legally use acronyms to cover up cussing on BDC?  Do you need to be reported?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

So, WWGD?  Girardi...............

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

It's all about attitude, desire, and believing. Someone on this roster needs to rally the troops and if that means calling out players for underperforming and a lack of effort, then so be it! True, but Beckett is the de facto and de jury labor godfather. He makes certain there will be no player accountability.
    Posted by TrotterNixon

How does he do that?  Is he all powerful?  Is he like a super villian?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts