Comment about Youkilis before Tonight's Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Comment about Youkilis before Tonight's Game

This guy is too growly. I love his comments:

Youkilis seemed almost angry when he spoke to reporters before batting practice, giving short answers to basic questions. He said he felt healthy and ready to play every day and felt fine about playing first base.

Not a good clubhouse guy. Let's hope he does well here so they can ship him out of Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Comment about Youkilis before Tonight's Game

who is the poster who always comments on the size of his head? thats whats needed now...lol

youk shut up and play

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Comment about Youkilis before Tonight's Game:
    [QUOTE]who is the poster who always comments on the size of his head? thats whats needed now...lol youk shut up and play
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Sounds like he was trying to do just that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Youks is a gamer. I think he will shut everyone up by playing like the Youks of a few years ago. He's got a chip on his shoulder now, and guys like that can use anger to their advantage.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

lol, yaz

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Youk's attitude is understandable. He probably feels that a lot of fans and media can't get him out of town fast enough. So I dont' think any of us would be in any better spirits.

But at the same time, I'd say to Youk, "GROW UP. You'be been on the DL in each of the last three seasons, four counting this one, including extended stays in 2010 and 2011. You got off to a bad start, right when the team was struggling, then went on the DL for a fourth straight year, and a young kid has been red hot. So what do you think everyone's attitude is going to be. If you want your job back, stay healthy, go on a tear and see what happens."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

This isn't Mike Lowellesque bitterness again? Injured All-Star not getting respect he deserves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Comment about Youkilis before Tonight's Game:
    [QUOTE]This isn't Mike Lowellesque bitterness again? Injured All-Star not getting respect he deserves.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

I've always felt the Lowell-stuff was overblown. He really never was curt with the media or even complaining. Basically, all he did was answer the question when asked and said he felt he could play more. I think others made it more than Lowell ever did.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Let's see Youk is not a good clubhouse guy because he seems angry and gave short answers to questions. Yet many say they have too few players who play with fire and passion.

Ortiz has to go because he says he gets no respect from the media because he is pissed about the question as to why the meeting wasn't sooner. He!! if he did it on May 1st they would have asked why not April 10th.

Agon must go because he is too easy going and does his work and believes the results are the work of his god.

Red Sox Fans all want something from their players yet what they get from one is wrong what they get from another is wrong, yet they are the opposite of each other.
    Your too easy, no fire, or too hard and too much fire????????????????
    RS fans just do not know what they want.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to "Re: Comment about Youkilis before Tonight's Game": [QUOTE]Youks is a gamer. I think he will shut everyone up by playing like the Youks of a few years ago. He's got a chip on his shoulder now, and guys like that can use anger to their advantage. Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE] I think his home run blast proves your sentiment. Youks has been here for a decade and people are quick to run him out of town after two weeks from a rookie. Patience red sox nation... youks is an all star gold glove player who won two championships. He will contribute

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Youks has something to prove. It was too bad that he was the only guy to contribute tonight. Still, I'm very glad for him that he knocked one ouf the park. He's a guy who needs some positive reinforcement from management, fans, and the media.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In response to "Re: Comment about Youkilis before Tonight's Game": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Comment about Youkilis before Tonight's Game : that may be true, but the SOX press is the FOX news of sports. Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE] Lol, so true

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Beware of the Ides of Bill-806

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Comment about Youkilis before Tonight's Game:
    [QUOTE]This guy is too growly. I love his comments: Youkilis seemed almost angry when he spoke to reporters before batting practice, giving short answers to basic questions. He said he felt healthy and ready to play every day and felt fine about playing first base. Not a good clubhouse guy. Let's hope he does well here so they can ship him out of Boston.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]
    Because he's snippy with the press he's not a good clubhouse guy?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

DON'T MESS WITH YOUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts