Comment on Rutgers President Robert Barchi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Comment on Rutgers President Robert Barchi

Admittedly, there should be a general sports category on this forum. I can appreciate the fact the Barchi has more to be concerned about than Rutgers Basketball (He's a top shelf notorious academician, which is what a university president should be mostly about). However, he shouldn't lie about when he saw the videotape, or scapegoat the AD. If he really doesn't care about his responsibility in this (He said go let me go, I'll do something else, which he can), then he should humbly admit error and move on. FWIW, WFAN's super sports jock Francesa labelled his arrogant shtick "cowardice".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Comment on Rutgers President Robert Barchi

My mistake, I could have put this under the sports categories "College" or "Mixed Bag". But who reads those? Apparently not many.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

They fired the baskeball coach, Rice, then the AD. Saw they fired the president or he stepped down, today. This was brought to light on ESPN's between the lines, but didnt see it. The tape was seen in November, wasnt it?? Why didn't the players say anything...scholorships?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

They fired the baskeball coach, Rice, then the AD. Saw they fired the president or he stepped down, today. This was brought to light on ESPN's between the lines, but didnt see it. The tape was seen in November, wasnt it?? Why didn't the players say anything...scholorships?

No, the president was retained, as far as I know.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

"I regret that I did not ask to see the video when Tim first told me of its existence," Barchi said, "because I am certain that this situation would have had a very different outcome had I done so."

What was there to view, if he was told about it?? Said he won't step down. Famous last words

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

"I regret that I did not ask to see the video when Tim first told me of its existence," Barchi said, "because I am certain that this situation would have had a very different outcome had I done so."

What was there to view, if he was told about it?? Said he won't step down. Famous last words

IMO, It was his job to see the video, after apprised about it (IMO he did anyway, and is FOC; there is also related conflicting info). Rutgers Alum (& Former NFL QB) Ray Lucas agrees; and is really p-ssed off:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=9139059

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

IMO, It was his job to see the video, after apprised about it (IMO he did anyway, and is FOC; there is also related conflicting info). Rutgers Alum (& Former NFL QB) Ray Lucas agrees; and is really p-ssed off:

I agree, Steven I meant he's excusing not seeing it after being told of it. what exactly did he need to see, if he was told the content, that would have been "very different"? He just didn't care. Feel bad for the kids who felt they couldn't jeopardize their educations or face further wrath.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

To repeat; when apprised on the matter, which includes the extortion attempt by Murdoch,  and given the legal implications, as well as his short tenure, it was the president's job to look at the video (Which, apparently based on conflicting info, he did, lied about it, then scapegoated the AD). WFAN star sports talk jock Mike Francesa labelled the feeble deception "cowardice". Rutgers Alumni (& Former NFL player) Ray Lucas had a similar angry take on the matter:

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

My mistake, I could have put this under the sports categories "College" or "Mixed Bag". But who reads those? Apparently not many.

good post, nice to see someone has a conscience besides me and Commie on these boards.. cant all b about sports.. we live in a bigger society that impacts sports as well. prez was cracking tasteless jokes.. the entire culture has to change, they should fire the entire board of governors and definotely the prez and leadership team..not fit to lead!

Excuse me, but aren't you the same?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Everybody perhaps needs to take a deep breath and think this through.

If the players felt victimized, abused, put upon, etc..........How many transferred out of Rutgers or simply quit the team while this coach was there ?

I believe MOST coaches, certainly ones I had in minor hockey ( I'm originally a canuck), high school soccer & hockey, etc; used profanity, pushing & shoving, grabbing helmets or chin straps,  to get player's attention and demonstrate proper positioning or motions.

I'd even go so ar as to say coaches do this to toughen teams up, break them down in order to mold into a TEAM, and that the players are better off in the long run because of it.   All these crybaby limp-wristed commentators and sports gadflies who are whining about how terrible this all is probably never played sports at any level above little league.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Rutgers should hire Bobby Valentine as their new AD.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Rutgers should hire Bobby Valentine as their new AD.  

Very funny

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:

Everybody perhaps needs to take a deep breath and think this through.

If the players felt victimized, abused, put upon, etc..........How many transferred out of Rutgers or simply quit the team while this coach was there ?

I believe MOST coaches, certainly ones I had in minor hockey ( I'm originally a canuck), high school soccer & hockey, etc; used profanity, pushing & shoving, grabbing helmets or chin straps,  to get player's attention and demonstrate proper positioning or motions.

I'd even go so ar as to say coaches do this to toughen teams up, break them down in order to mold into a TEAM, and that the players are better off in the long run because of it.   All these crybaby limp-wristed commentators and sports gadflies who are whining about how terrible this all is probably never played sports at any level above little league.

i agree. i don't think it's that big a deal. my wrestling coach in HS used to beat the hell out of us. You slacked off or ran your mouth guess what? you're wrestling coach today.  have fun getting manhandled

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Many University presidents are notoriously weak administrators.  Anything goes. They are highly paid and wrapped up in own little world. One reason why tuition is sky high. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

If the coach had said "you stupid white boy bigots", the media would have never "reported" this non-story.

Wrong. It was the video that was the key component to this story. All you did was reprise yourself with your old agenda.

Sections
Shortcuts