Compensation and Trades

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Compensation and Trades

In response to "Re: Compensation and Trades":
    If they really didn't get "anywhere near... compensation they expected", then they would have held Theo back and bargained for it. Guys, Theo was not coming back. Right or wrong, they let the whole world know it. That took away any leverage they might have had. It's over. Good bye Theo. Let's move on. 
    Posted by moonslav59

Moon, the point is Theo could have come back if he wanted to. 

As what? The ballboy?

Once he asked for and got permission to talk top the clube, and it was made public, he was never going to have a meaningful role in the management of the 2012 Sox.

The Sox announced they wouldn't hold Theo back it he wanted to leave, which has been common MLB practice with executives having a chance at a promotion with another club.
    Do you see the Padres clamor ing for compensation for Hoyer or McLeod? The Cards for Luhnow? 
    Theo wanted to move on to a higher position, and the Sox did not stand in his way. Zero compensation should have been expected, unless a deal was made prior.

I agree 100%, and they obviously agreed on some compensation. I think they got more than expected, because it was more than nothing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

So why did they GIVE AWAY THE LEVERAGE with Theo?

everyone keeps saying how dumb the front office was for doing that. This team has smart baseball guys though.....if it was so obvious not to do that....why did they?

It wasn't "dumb" if their plan was to replace Theo anyway, or if they we ambivalent to his return or not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In Response to Re: Compensation and Trades:
    [QUOTE]GM HH That pretty much covers it. The only thing I would add is Larry needed a new lap dog as Theo was beginning to believe he was in charge. could be I read or heard that the cubs and ben agreed to carp way back in nov but larry nixed it
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]I'am happy with Carp. Anytime you get a hard thrower good things usually happen.  That is the only aspect of pitching that can't be learned.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Compensation and Trades : I'am happy with Carp. Anytime you get a hard thrower good things usually happen.  That is the only aspect of pitching that can't be learned.
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE]

Good point look at Craig Hansen.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Here is Henry's explanation:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-sox/post/_/id/16827/henry-on-theo-misunderstanding-with-ricketts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Compensation and Trades : yup speaking of the value of a young hard thrower hard to believe that Fangraph's rated the 2nd kid we got 4 montero  the yanks 2nd best prospect
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]GM Zac, Not one bit surprised. From what I've heard and read he could be the best part of the package for TWM's man love.

At the very least you have added two very good pitchers that are happy Montero won't be catching them.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The Yankees always overrate their prospects, Lets see what Monterro does over a full year. he does not project, well as a cathcher. Seattle could have picked up a DH much cheaper than giving up Pineda. Wonder why they did that maybe they know something about Pineda? Is that you Camel Walk under another name ? response to "Re: Compensation and Trades": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Compensation and Trades : yup speaking of the value of a young hard thrower hard to believe that Fangraph's rated the 2nd kid we got 4 montero  the yanks 2nd best prospect Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Compensation and Trades : yup speaking of the value of a young hard thrower hard to believe that Fangraph's rated the 2nd kid we got 4 montero  the yanks 2nd best prospect
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]
    Perhaps that says more about the Yankee farm system than about the value of Jose Campos, who would be ranked no higher than sixth (behind Montero, a shortstop and three pitchers) in the Seattle farm system.

One source now has Hector Noesi as Seattle's 10th-ranked prospect:

http://prospectinsider.com/view/m's-top-25-prospects/

The same evaluator had some interesting comments about Michael Pineda in his chat last week:

http://prospectinsider.com/chat022311.php

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

sorry about that but the writing is similar and camel walk was a very big Yankee fan.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I remember all the Yankee cant miss prospects of the 80s like Sam Milatello, Kevin Maas, Paul Mirabella, Bam Bam Muelins, Henry Cotto, Steve Balboni, 2000 Austin Jackson, Hughes, Chamberlain. response to "Re: Compensation and Trades": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Compensation and Trades : fair enough I only know the name from pike calling posters trolls and including the camelwalk name Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Compensation and Trades : fair enough I only know the name from pike calling posters trolls and including the camelwalk name

Camelwalk was accused of being Mikeyinthebronx through some irrefutable logic by UticaClub about six months ago. Camelwalk finally admitted that he was Mikey and JesseyEric advised Camelwalk to cool it for the good of the forum. Yankee fan enabler J-Bay also encouraged Mikey to deep-six the Camelwalk character. Camelwalk hasn't been seen since. He may have been replaced by TBSHTM1969 / ThatWasMe but they have been banned in recent days.

LOL on Zac never hearing of Camelwalk. That sounds like ThatWasMe last week saying that he never heard of Babe in his three years here. LOL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Thanks for exxplaining that, I was wondering what happened to him, he was a Yankee fan who lived on thisforum. In response to "Re: Compensation and Trades": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Compensation and Trades : Camelwalk was accused of being Mikeyinthebronx through some irrefutable logic by UticaClub about six months ago. Camelwalk finally admitted that he was Mikey and JesseyEric advised Camelwalk to cool it for the good of the forum. Yankee fan enabler also encouraged Mikey to deep-six the Camelwalk character. Camelwalk hasn't been seen since. He may have been replaced by TBSHTM1969 / ThatWasMe but they have been banned in recent days. LOL on Zac never hearing of Camelwalk. That sounds like ThatWasMe last week saying that he never heard of Babe in his three years here. LOL. Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

AL34, when I stopped to think of it, Mikeyinthebronz, Camelwalk, Zac, Babe, Georom, Enquirer,Spaceman, ThatWasMe, and J-Bay all sound a bit alike. They make for a good common fraternity. When Babe reappeared, they were all ecstatic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]The Yankees always overrate their prospects,   is that a bad thing, it appears to have netted them a couple of live arms besides it wasn't the yanks it was every prospect rater the boy can hit and most likely catch good enough to make him a good asset . Seattle could have picked up a DH much cheaper than giving up Pineda. Wonder why they did that maybe they know something about Pineda? yup or maybe they & most of BB know more than you about montero pineda is what  he is a very young kid with a live arm something ever team would love to trade for Is that you Camel Walk under another name ? are you slow or something ? you asked that the other day a friend from here told me that day in a email that you were a vet and one of the good guys so I thank you an respect your sacrifices but you are making it very hard for me to continue treating you with respect I have always had the same handle other than the digits following knock this camel crap off

I think we can all figure out who that friend was. Nice to see a Yankee troll communicating through email with him. Kinda explains why he continually posts on the board that I'm Pike. He's been having private conversations with you, and has yet to realize he's being used. Did you tell him about your Yankee fanbase that cheers you on here? At least we know that guys like you have a direct pipeline if anyone annoys you. I think that was your point to Al. Your whole "knock this camel crap off". Oooooo, scary. Gotta laugh seeing you getting so upset when you're called another poster, since that's what you do here to Sox fans.

FTR I love these new "true personality" posts that you make.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Compensation and Trades : Camelwalk was accused of being Mikeyinthebronx through some irrefutable logic by UticaClub about six months ago. Camelwalk finally admitted that he was Mikey and JesseyEric advised Camelwalk to cool it for the good of the forum. Yankee fan enabler J-Bay also encouraged Mikey to deep-six the Camelwalk character. Camelwalk hasn't been seen since. He may have been replaced by TBSHTM1969 / ThatWasMe but they have been banned in recent days. LOL on Zac never hearing of Camelwalk. That sounds like ThatWasMe last week saying that he never heard of Babe in his three years here. LOL.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

LOL! Zac doesn't know who Camelwalk is! If that doesn't prove him a liar, it should at least make anyone question what he has to say, since his opinions are obviously pro-Yankee. Are you keeping it real, Zac? Mikey admitted that on the board, and posted here for awhile after that. Unbelievable this guy has a Sox fan's ear who has a bat phone to BDC.