compensation for Theo from Cubs.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Re: compensation for Theo from Cubs.

In Response to Re: compensation for Theo from Cubs.:
    [QUOTE]If the Sox could pull a Garza and Castro the deal would already be done. No executive is worth a young, cost controlled AL East tested starter and a 21 year old Shortstop who led his league in hits.
    Posted by TitleTown11[/QUOTE]

and ive read adn heard theat theo would be only the 4th preferred gm for the cubs job right now on the market

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]If Billy Beane came to Red Sox years ago from the A's, the A's demanded Youkilis as compensation. So, I would hope Garza or Castro is involved as compensation.
    Posted by playoffredsox[/QUOTE]

i think beane was the #1 candidate for the job. if cubs have better options that dont involve losing players...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]So NOW the real details of the deal come out. We send Theo to the Cubs, and they ask for Elllsbury also to compensate THEM! :-(
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

hilarious posts.
    laughing....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Send some of Obama's taped speeches and some green jobs to the Cubs for taking a liability off the Red Sox books.
    Posted by 1958lesspaul[/QUOTE]

:)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: compensation for Theo from Cubs. : I like this idea too. Gonna be real interesting to see how this all pans out if it happens. They just reported it on fox, so it seems there is something to it. If you could do that, and move Lackey too, and go after CJ Wilson, that'd be a dream rotation. Probably won't happen though, but I'd have my eye on Castro and Garza for sure.

Didn't the Phillies have a dream rotation? Turned into a nightmare.....Well i guess if sox build a dream rotation and it fails..... Fire the manager and the GM.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

RS fans Sterling Castro a pipe dream, at best we see a high level prospect. Only reason compensation is Theo has year left on contract. Cubs/Theo could just wait a year = no compensation, but do RS really want a lame duck GM who doesn't want to be there. Lets face it in sports if moving to position of higher authority, Theo also becomes President / GM [something RS can't offer] of Cubs, generally teams do not block these types of moves.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[QUOTE]I will ask for Garza for Theo straight up. I will place lackey either as a reliever or a spot starter. My starting rotation; Beckett, Lester, Garza, Beckett, Aceves/Bard.
    Posted by lhtak[/QUOTE]

Why ppl always leave out Bucholz in the rotation????? He finished second in CY award in 2010 season...
    Matt Garza is not good.  He was never a successor in AL East.  Ask Aramis Ramirez and Alfonso Soriano.  Send Theo and Lackey.  Ramirez at 3B, Soriano at RF, Youk as DH... We'll have Ortiz money to sign big name in FA market

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

I think Brett jackson and or a ready for the majors SP would be enough.  I wish Brett Jackson batted from the right, but production is production.  He hits for average and power. 

If we picked up 2 ready or almost ready players it would "save" having to pick up Fa to fill the position.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

As dumb as it sounds, I think lackey will be a decent #4-5 starter next year.  This was a tough year for him, wife having cancer, divorcing her, pitching like crap, acting like a jerk ...

It can only get better, regardless of whether he is overpaid.  He has something to prove to get his life together, it might be a good time to keep him.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

[QUOTE]Much rather keep Ells long term than sign Wilson, I don't think I'll be alone on that one.
    Posted by TitleTown11[/QUOTE]

Totally agree, Wilson is over-rated IMO.  We already have one "proven ace" from an AL West Champion, and we know how that turned out.

I'd go for sending Lackey, trying to sign Ells. long-term and go after Mark Buerhle for a year or 2.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

If Theo goes to the Cubs and takes Tito along, I'm rooting for Chicago as my NL team next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Thinking the Cubs will give up Castro for Theo is ludicrous. Simply will not happen. Castro and Barney is really all they have to build around. As just reported most likely we will get a couple of "prospects".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

The Cubs won't take Lackey.    Epstein knows better.     He might think about Ramirez ($16M) for Youkilis ($12M) and add another young pitcher which the Sox need.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Cubs farm system, unlike the Red Sox farm system, appears deep in pitching prospects. The compensation is likely to be a pitcher, although 24-year-old catching prospect Wellington Castillo would be a decent return.

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2010/12/6/1857658/chicago-cubs-top-20-prospects-for-2011

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=castil001wel

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskerr. Show dskerr's posts

The first thing I would do is swap Zambrano for Lackey....Similar money per year, but Z only has 1 year left vs 3 for Lackey.  Secondly, I would also require a top 5 prospect from the Cubs.....and here is why:

Since this is a contract year for Z, if would be in his best interest to have a great year ($$$) and to keep the antics to a minimum.  Also, one can only assume the Cubs are dying to move him, so not a big loss for them (vs losing Garza).  At the end of the year, no matter how good or bad he pitches, I would NOT resign him long term (too much at risk)....but I would offer him arbitration, which would then give the Sox, potentially, 2 additional draft picks. 

So, at the end of the day, the Sox get 2-3 prospects out of the deal, get rid of Lackey and simply move Ben into Theo's job.  Seems like a great way to restock the farm system....then they just have to work on moving Crawford to Anahiem, but that's for another thread.....

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

If im the Sox managment, I gotta unload Lackey somehow. I just don't think the Cubs are dumb enough to take him on. Nobody wants an over weight, past his prime, lackluster, over-paid pitcher who at best will go 16-12.

I would look to the farm system to see if they have any decent prospects. Obviously were not going to get Castro out of this deal soooo I would lower your expectations.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNationMan. Show SoxNationMan's posts

[QUOTE]So NOW the real details of the deal come out. We send Theo to the Cubs, and they ask for Elllsbury also to compensate THEM! :-(

I'm sure the Cubs will be happy with nails and lumber from Theo's bridge.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

The morons continue to post without doing a lick of research.
    How can the Cubs trade Aramis Ramirez, when he's a free agent?

DUH!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Bay-Fan. Show J-Bay-Fan's posts

Cmon ..  Cubs dont give up Castro or Garza. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Lackey in the NL could easily win 15 games with an ERA in the 4 range. He did that for the Red Sox in 2010. As bad as he was in 2011, we know he's a better pitcher than what he showed this past season. Zambrano may be literally insane. Of course the Cubs would consider trading him for Lackey.

After obtaining Zambrano, I'd try to shift him to the Marlins. There was talk that he wants to pitch for Ozzie Guillen and that Guillen wants him too. The problem there would be money. The Red Sox would probably have to assume at least 2/3 of his contract. I'd be okay with that too. It would mean, in the aggregate, that the Red Sox got out of the remaining $46 million on Lackey's contract for $12 million.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

The Cubs pitching prospects look pretty dim to me.  Brett Jackson is the only prospect who has shown any sort of results.  What would you rather have - a 22-year old with a .900 OPS between AA and AAA or a 25-year-old with an ERA near 7 in AAA?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

I have a bad feeling that the Sox will end up just getting money, but I'd be thrilled with Castillo and Brett Jackson. Or even just Brett Jackson for that matter, because long-term I think Swihart will be real good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]The Cubs pitching prospects look pretty dim to me.  Brett Jackson is the only prospect who has shown any sort of results.  What would you rather have - a 22-year old with a .900 OPS between AA and AAA or a 25-year-old with an ERA near 7 in AAA?
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Agree.  Don't know what people are looking at who think the Cubs have a lot of pitching in the system. 

Jackson gives us another LH bat, meaning someone Jackson/Reddick/Kalish has to be traded. 

Sections
Shortcuts