compensation for Theo from Cubs.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: compensation for Theo from Cubs.

The Red Sox will not get Castro, Brett Jackson or any of their top prospects near major league ready.

They may get someone like Brian LeHair, a 28 year old who hit 39 HR's at AAA Iowa last year. It may allow the Red Sox to see what he can do in Ft. Myers and battle for the DH position with Lavarnway or comeone like Cuddyer. It would be a move that could allow the Red Sox to taking the risk of not brining David Ortiz back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjkoko. Show jjkoko's posts

Whatever compensation we get better be very good. We are giving away someone who knows everything about our organization, especially our minor leaguers and scouting department. Along with that Red Sox nation has endured 2 months of crap baseball. What we need right now is some good news-like a top player or two for Theo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Yeah right, dream on....we'd be lucky if Theo would take his last dead beat hires with him...his re-sign of josh buckett, the lackey, the  crawfud,  the agone, and the stenks 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from khuberpt. Show khuberpt's posts

lets hope they get more than money for theo.  although he is only a gm and does not play the field, he is responsible for the 25 guys on the field and the minor league system.  hopefully both teams are mum on who will come over for compensation.  i would rather have a good minor league prospect, like the outfielder mentioned above, versus swapping  bad contracts. although castro would be nice, i am not sure the sox would want to give up on iglesias and his potential. just resign scutaro for one year, give iglesias another year to hone his offensive skills and take a high level prospect.  the sox have no idea how kalish will come back from his surgery or how reddick will do.  his bat is ok but at times didnt look good in right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

So, why not turn this into a mega trade?  Theo, Istarisis (ss), Youkilis, and Lackey (we pick up 50% of his contract!) for: Castro and  Garza!

Ya gotta do that if you are the RedSox or the Cubs!!  Youk is the key..to sending lackey!  Hope Middlebrook will be ready!  Or, sign A. Rameriz from the f/a list ie: cubs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

In Response to Re: compensation for Theo from Cubs.:
    [QUOTE]Thinking the Cubs will give up Castro for Theo is ludicrous. Simply will not happen. Castro and Barney is really all they have to build around. As just reported most likely we will get a couple of "prospects".
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]
    think outside the box a little!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

[QUOTE]The Cubs won't take Lackey.    Epstein knows better.     He might think about Ramirez ($16M) for Youkilis ($12M) and add another young pitcher which the Sox need.
    Posted by OnDeckCircle[/QUOTE]
    A. Ramirez is a free agent!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

[QUOTE]As for the change of scenery idea...I understand the logic behind it, but Zambrano is crazier of the two. He spent time on the bereavement list this year because he was nuts. I know Lackey is no good and crazy, but Zambrano is worse, older, and crazier. I'll take Lackey.
    Posted by TitleTown11[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

you'd take Lackey? Are you insane. He's the worst pitcher in MLB!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Apparently there are some dreamers out there tonight....

You have a less than ZERO chance of getting Starlin Castro involved in any deal.  THINK ABOUT IT... He is the best young player they have, and THEO damned well knows that, so why in the heck do you think he would recommend they trade him to the sox?  YOU KNOW that the Cubs management is going to ask him how he'd feel about it.....  SHEESH....

Lackey is a NL pitcher now.... he throws two poor pitches and gets to throw them to #8 hitters and pitchers..... PERFECT for a failing starter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: compensation for Theo from Cubs. : A. Ramirez is a free agent!!
    Posted by REBEL[/QUOTE]

Not yet. The Cubs have a club option at $16M with a $2M buyout, making the net cost at $14M for 2012.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Aramis Ramirez? Talk in Chicago is how saddled they feel with contracts like that. He also is somewhat like Beckett where one year he kick-azz and the next he slumps... 

Why do so many of you always want to go take the road to gluttony rather than common sense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: compensation for Theo from Cubs. : think outside the box a little!
    Posted by REBEL[/QUOTE]

Actually REBEL you should be put into a small box with padding for such loony ideas.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from khuberpt. Show khuberpt's posts

Can't the sox, if they don't like the compensation, not grant Epstein out of his contract

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Aramis Ramirez? Talk in Chicago is how saddled they feel with contracts like that. He also is somewhat like Beckett where one year he kick-azz and the next he slumps...  Why do so many of you always want to go take the road to gluttony rather than common sense.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

The amnesia of the fan base never ceases to amaze.  In one post they slam Lackey and in the next they lobby for ARamirez.  They curse the long term deal for Crawford and then want to bring Pujols aboard to play 3rd and DH. 

The Red Sox will be receiving cash and potentially a couple lower level prospects.  All the other speculation about Lackey, Soriano, Zambrano is NOT happening.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

why would the cubs give the sox anything but the bare minimum...they have us by the short and curlies...what are th sox going to do if they dont get a player they want from the cubs, take Theo back? That ship has already sailed...i will wait for the new gm/manager to deal with lackey and the other ingrates...hopefully a lot if heads will roll - i would rather have a younger, hungrier team win 85 games than root for this bloated bunch of ingrates win 90

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

What are the Cubs going to do, say oh hey, you know that GM that we've basically told everyone is taking over our organization? Yeah, we let him get away over a prospect.  It goes both ways.

I'm assuming they laid out the groundwork for compensation when they granted them permission to talk to Theo, and said hey, before you waste your time, this is what we are looking for. The Cubs moved forward, so I'm assuming it won't be a hold up on either end.  I've heard it's a hefty sum of cash and one or two prospects.  Not Castro, but not scrap heap guys either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]why would the cubs give the sox anything but the bare minimum...they have us by the short and curlies...what are th sox going to do if they dont get a player they want from the cubs, take Theo back? That ship has already sailed...i will wait for the new gm/manager to deal with lackey and the other ingrates...hopefully a lot if heads will roll - i would rather have a younger, hungrier team win 85 games than root for this bloated bunch of ingrates win 90
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

No doubt, and here some talk about asking Tampa to negotiate for their GM, using their logic we would haver to offer Ellesbury as compensation.duh

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: compensation for Theo from Cubs. : No doubt, and here some talk about asking Tampa to negotiate for their GM, using their logic we would haver to offer Ellesbury as compensation.duh

some talk abotu asking to negotiate for friedman?
    is this in the media. please send me the link or reference.
    thanks

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

AN OPPORTUNITY TO EXTRACT COMPENSATION COMES ALONG RARELY...SO LET US MAKE USE OF IT!!  FORGET LACKEY AS PART OF ANYTHING HERE...NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

HERE IS WHAT THE REDSOX DO:  FIRST, EXERCISE THE OPTION ON SCUTORO.  THEN SEND THEO, SCUTORO AND INGLESIS TO THE CUBS, WITH CASTRO COMING TO THE REDSOX!

WIN-WIN....REMEMBER, THE CUBS ARE PREGNANT WITH THE OFFER TO THEO, AND HIS ACCEPTANCE MADE PUBLIC!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: compensation for Theo from Cubs. : some talk abotu asking to negotiate for friedman? is this in the media. please send me the link or reference. thanks
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

I was referring to several posters and at least two callers - fans only. I didn't quote a source.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Your plan is not going to happen either.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I don't have  a plan but if push comes to shove the Cubs can have Theo for free... I just want this DRAMA to end,

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: compensation for Theo from Cubs. : I was referring to several posters and at least two callers - fans only. I didn't quote a source.

thanks for clarifying.  i was about to get aas excited as a bride to be if it was said in the press.

that or madden rumored would have that impact on me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Get Your Goat!

Sections
Shortcuts