compensation for Theo from Cubs.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

compensation for Theo from Cubs.

We should demand ss: starlin Castro,who was, and will continue to be outstanding!  Ok...Theo may become a H of F gm with the Cubs... the REdsox paid his tuition!!...crawford and Lankey? Others...continue the list!  We must have Castro!  need be: throw in Istabell.  the wanabee at Pawtucket who hit .235!  Good Luck Theo, I will root for the Cubs if you take Tito with you... but I will never leave the REDSOX!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: compensation for Theo from Cubs.

if the cubs would just take lackey, that would be more then enough compensation

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: compensation for Theo from Cubs.:
    Posted by redsoxfan94

Bingo redsoxfan

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Posted by redsoxfan94

Agreed!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]I'm on the Take Lackey Train!!!    I think Crawford can still contribute.  He just needs to stop trying so hard.  At least he's not a big Azz hole to the fans like Lackey was all year.
    Posted by ksilvia723[/QUOTE

ksilvia I agree on Carl our fans were pretty rough on him.  Hopefully he takes Jacoby's attitude into next season.  Even Lackey, I have been one of his worst critics but one solid season would help change our minds.  I just don't think John will ever do better than his first season but what a huge boost it would be if he could.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

If they want Theo so bad, DEMAND Starlin Castro. Stud in the making. He needs to mature defensively , but led the NL in hits (207). 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I will ask for Garza for Theo straight up. I will place lackey either as a reliever or a spot starter. My starting rotation; Beckett, Lester, Garza, Beckett, Aceves/Bard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

if lackey could just get an era around 5 for the year [which may be asking alot]...that would be a huge success in my opinion

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I think Castro is far fetched and while it would be nice, I doubt they're taking Lackey.  Garza is an interesting possibility but I don't know what his contract situation is, it would be nice to get a guy who is under control for a few years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Ask for Castro first...that would be a huge win for the Sox. Then we'd have a shortstop for the next 8 years. How about...

Theo and Iglesias 

for...

Garza and Castro

5 man rotation would be Beckett, Lester, Buchholz, Garza, Lackey

Aceves and Bard can stay in the bullpen where they belong

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4052275. Show user_4052275's posts

Lackey and Theo to the cubs seems peefect since he signed him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Posted by redsoxfan94

Here's my idea: Castro for Theo, and even trade Lackey for Zambrano. Sounds good to me. He couldn't be any worse, change of scenery might help both.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

It would be a mistake not to start Bard/Aceves as it was in the case of Masterson.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from khuberpt. Show khuberpt's posts

Theo, Iglesias, and Bowden. Tell them take it or leave it However if they say no, would Epstein want to return to the sox?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Theo, Iglesias, and Bowden. Tell them take it or leave it However if they say no, would Epstein want to return to the sox?
    Posted by khuberpt

Who are we getting back? Castro and Garza? Explain......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

Hey guys, appreciate your interest in my post!  But, really, no one is going to take Lackey  w/o about a 60 0/0 eat of his contract!  The Cubs will not do that! So, you don't even bring that up... you go for Castro!!  They will do it if you throw in Iglasisis!  They will chance it!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Ask for Castro first...that would be a huge win for the Sox. Then we'd have a shortstop for the next 8 years. How about... Theo and Iglesias  for... Garza and Castro 5 man rotation would be Beckett, Lester, Buchholz, Garza, Lackey Aceves and Bard can stay in the bullpen where they belong
    Posted by TitleTown11

I like this idea too. Gonna be real interesting to see how this all pans out if it happens. They just reported it on fox, so it seems there is something to it. If you could do that, and move Lackey too, and go after CJ Wilson, that'd be a dream rotation. Probably won't happen though, but I'd have my eye on Castro and Garza for sure.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from khuberpt. Show khuberpt's posts

Castro and garza, sorry

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Castro and garza, sorry
    Posted by khuberpt

I think I'd make that deal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I can't believe those who are advocating a swap of Lackey for Zambrano/Soriano/Zito (bad contracts)... Are you serious? They are worse than Lackey. No one likes Lack, myself included, but he is one year removed from an average year. Overpaid for sure, but this is the bed that Theo laid for us. Hang onto him as an overpriced 5 Starter.

I sincerely doubt that the Cubs would give up Castro given the fact the could go for Friedman from Tampa, but if the are head over heels for him I say the Sox make a blockbuster.

Garza and Cherington > Theo
    Castro > Iglesias

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]I can't believe those who are advocating a swap of Lackey for Zambrano/Soriano/Zito (bad contracts)... Are you serious? They are worse than Lackey. No one likes Lack, myself included, but he is one year removed from an average year. Overpaid for sure, but this is the bed that Theo laid for us. Hang onto him as an overpriced 5 Starter. I sincerely doubt that the Cubs would give up Castro given the fact the could go for Friedman from Tampa, but if The thought behind it is tha a change of scene would help both. Would Zambrano be any worse than Lackey? Maybe, maybe not. It wouldn't be my first choice, I'd rather have Garza, but it's worth a look. I think Soriano is washed up, I'm less interested in him. If you could pull in Castro and Garza it'd be interesting. But I'm like you,I could live with Lackey if he was number five.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

If the Sox could pull a Garza and Castro the deal would already be done.

No executive is worth a young, cost controlled AL East tested starter and a 21 year old Shortstop who led his league in hits.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

If the Sox could pull a Garza and Castro the deal would already be done. No executive is worth a young, cost controlled AL East tested starter and a 21 year old Shortstop who led his league in hits.
    Posted by TitleTown11

Yeah, but nits nice to dream. Thats what threads like this are for. LOL......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

The Cubs are not giving up Castro.  Stop.

Sections
Shortcuts