Confused Manny Explores Return to Red Sox/Also:Report: Jordan's Furniture Baseball Sign Scientifically Impossible to Hit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GL'SFRANK. Show GL'SFRANK's posts

Confused Manny Explores Return to Red Sox/Also:Report: Jordan's Furniture Baseball Sign Scientifically Impossible to Hit

From Call of the Green Monster:

Unknown Disgraced ex-future Hall of Famer Manny Ramirez held a press conference yesterday to announce that he is planning to talk to the Red Sox front office about a possible return to help the struggling team. When reminded that he is suspended, and would be out for 100 games, Ramirez got a bit testy.

"Look dudes," he said emphatically, "get your facts straight. I was suspended from Tampa, 'cause that's the team I was with at the time.  I'm talking about playing for Boston now, it's a totally different thing, I'm not suspended from playing with them!  Of course I'm looking for a new team.  Why the hell would I stay with a team when baseball tells me I'll have to sit out 100 games with them?"

When asked by a reporter if he "had anything left," Ramirez appeared to have misinterpreted the question.  "Oh I got a lot left, dude," he stated.  "Vials, pills, syringes...I'm all set for the rest of the season, my man."
    From Call of the Green Monster:

About_eliot.ashx copy It all looks so inviting. The friendly guy with the ponytail who loves putting himself into his own commercials tells of a can't-miss deal: hit the baseball on the Jordan's sign on the centerfield wall, and your furniture purchase is all free.  Just one problem: Call of the Green Monster has learned that it is scientifically impossible to hit the ball on the sign.

"We pulled the whole campaign when we found out," said a flabbergasted Larry Lucchino. "We collected the money from them, of course, but that ponytailed loser won't be fooling our fans."

But Eliot Tatelman, the obnoxious star of the Jordan's ads, says that Lucchino and the Red Sox were very much complicit in the shady deal. "The important thing to know is that the ball in the ad can be hit," Tatelman fumed. "True, the ball would have to be hit by lightening in the midst of a solar eclipse to hit the sign...but it can, theoretically, be hit under those conditions."

Theo Epstein would not comment on the record, but told us that Lucchino has had several shady deals with Jordan's. "You know that little bench Francona sits on at the top of the dugout? Lucchino had Jordan's build the first one for him a couple of years ago, and the first time him and Millsy sat on it it broke in half. Funny as hell, of course, but you can't trust Lucchino."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Confused Manny Explores Return to Red Sox/Also:Report: Jordan's Furniture Baseball Sign Scientifically Impossible to Hit

All furniture companies have the friendly owner(s) in the commercial.

Bob from Bob's, Nick Ron and Pete form Cardi's... etc. All are obnoxious.

All furniture companies do shady deals.

I once bought some furniture from a former dealer , Alperts. They had one year no interest. They sent me a bill with interest due and demanded payment before the one year was up. I fixed their wagon, they weren't messin' with an ordinary guy. They got their money, but not a dime of interest...just like the deal said. These b-stards tried to cheat me out of interest that was not due.

I think Elliot got his idea from Taco Bell. Didn't they do this in a World Series a few years back....and coincidently, wasn't it Manny that either hit the thing or came real close?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Re: Confused Manny Explores Return to Red Sox/Also:Report: Jordan's Furniture Baseball Sign Scientifically Impossible to Hit

Manny stories always make me smile---what's so awful about that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbenton87. Show bbenton87's posts

Manny will always be Manny love him or hate him the man did his job (for the most part on days that dont end in Y) 04 Forever!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

He might be a joke for you clowns now, but he's as much a reason the team won 2 WS titles as any other individual...For the near decade he wore the jersey, the team had the most feared offense in the AL or all of baseball...My eternal thanks to Manny for his Sox career...Ask Ortiz how much it helped to have him hitting next to him in the lineup. He'll gladly tell you all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Amen to that, dannycater.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Confused Manny Explores Return to Red Sox/Also:Report: Jordan's Furniture Baseball Sign Scientifically Impossible to Hit:
    He might be a joke for you clowns now, but he's as much a reason the team won 2 WS titles as any other individual...For the near decade he wore the jersey, the team had the most feared offense in the AL or all of baseball...My eternal thanks to Manny for his Sox career...Ask Ortiz how much it helped to have him hitting next to him in the lineup. He'll gladly tell you all.
    Posted by dannycater

My problem with Manny has always been that the fans respected him more than he respected his teammates or the game.

I've always appreciated what he did in Boston, but ever wonder why there wasn't no great outcry from his teammates when he was traded? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

roy, what's done is done...he was a jerk at the end, we all know that, but i don't think it negates his role as a great player in a sox jersey....Teddy Ballgame was an alltime jerk to the media for a very long time, then he retired and wanted the media attention and got that...Jim Rice well hated the media and did dumb things (put a writer in a trashcan0...Both Hall of Famers....Manny didn't run to first base and was crucified for it at Tampa by 7 million media outlets then the fans...Everything he did was in a fishbowl. Yaz got booed for not running out a grounder, took amphetamines to "perk" up his sore body...Hall of Famer...Everybody has his faults...Steve Carlton stayed mute last 10years of his career...hated the media..Hall of Famer...it's not all about Manny..others are accountable too

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Confused Manny Explores Return to Red Sox/Also:Report: Jordan's Furniture Baseball Sign Scientifically Impossible to Hit:
    roy, what's done is done...he was a jerk at the end, we all know that, but i don't think it negates his role as a great player in a sox jersey....Teddy Ballgame was an alltime jerk to the media for a very long time, then he retired and wanted the media attention and got that...Jim Rice well hated the media and did dumb things (put a writer in a trashcan0...Both Hall of Famers....Manny didn't run to first base and was crucified for it at Tampa by 7 million media outlets then the fans...Everything he did was in a fishbowl. Yaz got booed for not running out a grounder, took amphetamines to "perk" up his sore body...Hall of Famer...Everybody has his faults...Steve Carlton stayed mute last 10years of his career...hated the media..Hall of Famer...it's not all about Manny..others are accountable too
    Posted by dannycater

It has nothing to do with the media. Neither Williams, Rice nor Carlton ever disrespected the game, their teammates or even the fans. Well OK, Williams at one point had problems with the fans.

I agree. Everybody has their faults. I hate it when players don't run out ground balls hard or pose for home runs or ball they think are gone and end up losing an extra base because they didn't run hard from the start.

But I accept that players will have their faults. That's why I could live with Manny being Manny both the laughs and the faults for awhile, but it reaches a point where enough's enough.

Rice, Williams, Yaz, Carlton -- they never quit on their teammates like Manny did a number of times and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on a couple of instances where others have ripped him. I won't forget those moments, but you're right. What's done is done. I'll choose to remember the happy-go-lucky Manny who did work hard in the batting cage and helped the Red Sox to two titles. Can't change anything else.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I concur roy, no question that Manny did disrespect the game maybe more than a few times. Rose did too and that's why Petey and his 4,000 hits won't make it in. and why Manny probably won't either...The last thing you can do as a HOF is make it about class, or make it about the total package. I just wish the HOF would make a statement that models their attitude. Bench and Morgan don't feel Rose deserves in, but Schmidt does...how's that for player perception regarding a former teammate? That was about your comment about the Sox players not backing up Manny at the end. It's hard to tell if players are at odds or not with their teammates, some after the career is over, others while they are playing. With that said, my hope is that to be consistent, Clemens and Bonds never get in the Hall despite their numbers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

A good article and photos on hitting the Jordan furniture sign.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

THAT "DESPICABLE-MAN-CHILD-FRAUD-JUICER-SNAKE/GRASS-SH*T BUM",  WILL NOT BE WALKING THRU THAT DOOR !!!

Sections
Shortcuts