CONGRATS ALL, I sense ................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Re: CONGRATS ALL, I sense ................

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Don't worry, softy is harder to get rid of than the Yankees, or cockroaches.

Now, now, let's try to be civil

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to mjagger's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to 67redsox's comment:

A KINDER & GENTLER board .......... >RESPECT & HUMOR............

I think we are doing a good job bill.  I guess our time in the cooler did us some good Wink

I do miss  SOFTY  !!!!!!!!

Hey rube, i do believe his droppings are now under the name CRIMSONANDCLOVER. Send him some flowers and chocolates.

What happened to a kinder and gentler board.  I believe calling someone a rube is not kind.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

or bill or 67redsox or pike.

So, you were the one to report me.  Not nice!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"I do miss  SOFTY  !!!!!!!!"

Umm he's one of the main reasons the board is better and more civil. His absence proves the point. 

It's not just winning, though that helps a lot. The board has been more civil of late and I've really enjoyed reading it. 

Bill thanks for upping your respect game, it's appreciated man. Have enjoyed your stylings of late. 

Some members, not named softy, bill or 67 could up their game also, just sayin'.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

A KINDER & GENTLER board .......... >RESPECT & HUMOR............

I think we are doing a good job bill.  I guess our time in the cooler did us some good Wink

I do miss  SOFTY  !!!!!!!!

Hey rube, i do believe his droppings are now under the name CRIMSONANDCLOVER. Send him some flowers and chocolates.

RUBE ??????  Son, where is the >RESPECT ?????

Agreed! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

or bill or 67redsox or pike.

so what's your beef with 67redsox? She in my opinion happens to really know her stuff. and please don't start with the redneck crap ok?

You are the dearest man on this board, thank-you!  I was born and raised in boston and I now live in northern virginia about 1/2 hour from dc in one of the richest counties in the country so I don't know why someone would call me a redneck.

You are a kind man and it's an honor to "know" you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

67redsox is a female member?  I assumed that 67redsox was the person in the avatar with the pet monkey.   Laughing

Yes, I'm a lady.  So if you think our avatars are pictures of who we are should we assume you look like yours.Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Gentlemen,

Some of you are so quick to call out other board members like softy, bill and myself.  You should read some of your own posts.  Softy isn't here and you are still being nasty towards him.

Has it ever occured to you that your nasty posts may bring out the worst in people.  Bill has been on this board for a long time and has always been either liked or ignored.  When I can back from my off season break I couldn't believe how vicious some of you were being towards him.

Some blamed his posts, I blame the posters who were attacking him.  It's hard to stay civil when you are being attacked, I should know!  If anyone shares an opinion that is different from some of the members here they are attacked and called all sorts of offensive names.

To me the worst problem on this board is the intollerance shown to members who have different points of view.  It's fine to disagree but the name calling is something I left back in grade school.

You like to gang up and pile on when a poster is being attacked, not nice.

If you want a kinder and gentler board gentlemen may I suggest you look in the mirror and start with yourselves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I can understand bill....he never directly attacks people and people just respond to his ideas.  Even you 67.  While I think you have some very "different" views you don't attack people personally.  So I can respect that. 

But softy is on a whole different level he goes after people, he insults them and calls them names just for having a difference of opinion.  Calling someone dumb is just a lazy form of an argument for most people but it's more of a hobby to Softy.  For most people on this board I would agree with you but if you're suggesting that softy is the way he is because of the way we respond to him then it is obvious you don't spend a lot of time in here.  You can probably count on one hand the number of posters who haven't been insulted by Softy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I can understand bill....he never directly attacks people and people just respond to his ideas.  Even you 67.  While I think you have some very "different" views you don't attack people personally.  So I can respect that. 

But softy is on a whole different level he goes after people, he insults them and calls them names just for having a difference of opinion.  Calling someone dumb is just a lazy form of an argument for most people but it's more of a hobby to Softy.  For most people on this board I would agree with you but if you're suggesting that softy is the way he is because of the way we respond to him then it is obvious you don't spend a lot of time in here.  You can probably count on one hand the number of posters who haven't been insulted by Softy.

I have been coming here off and on since 06'.  I tend not to post during the off season because this board can get pretty bad.  I also post more when I'm ill.  I'm not well at this point in my life and am unable to do much so I spend more time here.

I understand that softy has some strong views and sometimes calls people names but from my point of view I can say that about a number of posters here. 

I think most posters here have similar political and social beliefs and that tends to color their view of others.  I don't want to start another thread on these issues but I do believe they are a factor in how people interact here.

I know people here don't agree with softy on lots of levels and I believe the name calling goes both ways. It just seems to me that if we want a kinder and gentler board we should all make the effort to be more civil.  So those who are posting anti-softy posts are as bad as he is in my opinion.

I live in northern virginia and believe it or not my views are pretty main stream around here.  There are lots of good people who believe as I do.  It may be hard to believe but there is no malice on my part when it comes to these issues.  We need to start talking to eachother in this country and I believe the name calling is hurting everyone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hwaiting. Show Hwaiting's posts

I also know that some members of this board have gotten every single one of their posts reported for daring to disagree with someone and are now banned (and I don't mean every single post they disagreed with someone in, which would still be nasty,  but I mean EVERY SINGLE post).  That's a pretty nasty strategy and habit.  Who..  I don't know who is doing it, but I KNOW it is happening.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Hwaiting's comment:

I also know that some members of this board have gotten every single one of their posts reported for daring to disagree with someone and are now banned (and I don't mean every single post they disagreed with someone in, which would still be nasty,  but I mean EVERY SINGLE post).  That's a pretty nasty strategy and habit.  Who..  I don't know who is doing it, but I KNOW it is happening.

LOL, who would have the time or inclination to do that!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hwaiting. Show Hwaiting's posts

Some have stated in posts that they are doing that to people.  you can find those posts if you want to look.  In the last few days, there has been at least one person say they are doing that.  I know that my account was banned.  I never called anyone names.  Never insulted anyone.  Dang, I barely posted outside of game time and the game threads.  100 posts over 3 years and suddenly banned.  For what?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Some have stated in posts that they are doing that to people.  you can find those posts if you want to look.  In the last few days, there has been at least one person say they are doing that.  I know that my account was banned.  I never called anyone names.  Never insulted anyone.  Dang, I barely posted outside of game time and the game threads.  100 posts over 3 years and suddenly banned.  For what?

Really?   If what you are saying is true then it's wrong.  We all have a right to our opinions as long as we keep it civil.  I was banned for a few hours but somehow made it back. 

I hope you are able to stay longer this time.   LOL, anyone who uses 'dang' should never be bannedWink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

67redsox is a female member?  I assumed that 67redsox was the person in the avatar with the pet monkey.   Laughing

Yes, I'm a lady.  So if you think our avatars are pictures of who we are should we assume you look like yours.Wink

Hello 67redsox   Laughing

I'm Korean so I kinda look like Tazawa or Dice-K plus 15 pounds.   LOL

Have a good night. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Hello 67redsox   Laughing

I'm Korean so I kinda look like Tazawa or Dice-K plus 15 pounds.   LOL

Have a good night. 

My daughter-in-law is mongolian.  She speaks korean, she worked in korea for a while.  You are a pleasant posterSmile

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

what name did you used to post under?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I sense that 67' has the hots for you Billy!!  Heck....she(?) has already posted 12 times on this page alone....mostly defending you.  A large % of relationships start on-line in chat rooms and dating sites Bill....why not go for it??

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

I sense that 67' has the hots for you Billy!!  Heck....she(?) has already posted 12 times on this page alone....mostly defending you.  A large % of relationships start on-line in chat rooms and dating sites Bill....why not go for it??

Now stop right there youngfella.........  You are making more out of this thread than it was intended to be........  Now cleanup your thoughts and get back to baseball !!!

BILL!!!!  You little heart-breaker!!  I was simply seeing a possible love connection......ssheesh!

"Now cleanup your thoughts and get back to baseball !!!"

BTW......how on Earth does this thread have ANYTHING to do with baseball?!?!?!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Really, is this helping to make the board a better place?  Perhaps you would like to try again.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts