Congrats- Ortiz 30 HRs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Re: Congrats- Ortiz 30 HRs

Didn't think he'd make it to this milestone this year. He's been amazing! Still don't think he'll get to 500, but, what do I know?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Ortiz is the single most important offensive player for the Red Sox, by kilometers. It will be interesting to see what he has left in his old tank for the playoffs. Back in 2009 was the last time the Red Sox made the playoffs, where Ortiz sported a .167 OPS.

Gotta love those three game sample sizes, huh?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

His IBB must be on the high side too in his career I would imagine.  Teams would dare not IBB him with Manny behind him during those early years.

Papi makes this lineup strong top to bottom.  He is the motivation as everyone feeds off of him.  He can lead as an example.

Amazing how he was written off couple of years ago, and the owner had to intervene more as a thank you for 04 and 07, and turns out he still has the stuff.

Here's to hoping he and the rest of the lineup can take this momentum into playoffs and win the WS.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ortiz is the single most important offensive player for the Red Sox, by kilometers. It will be interesting to see what he has left in his old tank for the playoffs. Back in 2009 was the last time the Red Sox made the playoffs, where Ortiz sported a .167 OPS.

Gotta love those three game sample sizes, huh?

[/QUOTE]

OMG Softlaw, a 3 game sample?  That really is pathetic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Congrats to Big Papi on yet another 30-100 season.  

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?c_id=bos&content_id=30984945&partnerId=as_mlb_20130928_12488834

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The fools didnt believe in him. I liked the idea of getting a few days off in the 1st half of the season when it was cold, but figured he was still good for 120.

Nevermind the "hes olny played 120 games from start to finish" garbage. He was PR for a number of times. papi has played in 136 games this year.  Even if he didnt finish, Im guessing he played at least 7-8 innings those games. Sorry, nice try though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Playoffs are small sample sizes, which is why it's often referred to as "The Big Stage".

Right, and Ted Williams sported a career postseason batting average of .200 in 7 games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

It's a serious flaw when one thinks only in 'Absolutes'. Even Gravity itself began as an outward force rather than the inward force, as we know and define it today. But be my guest. Heres a paint brush, pick a corner that suits you. 

"Don't you worry about blank, let me worry about blank"

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Fortunately for the Sox and the fans, it doesnt appear to be time yet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Ted Williams failed to perform well on the big stage, in limited opportunties. The big stage is a small sample size, year to year. Ortiz was once a great performer on the big stage, but time retires all mortals.

Oh so 3 games of postseason play trumps an entire career yet a few weeks of sub par play from a guy with "no sample size" (JBJ) was unfair to deem a player unfit for the big show when his track record was barely above single A?

Your contradictions become more laughable by the day

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

The Superbowl is a small sample size.

And your brain is an extremely small sample of what a Chimps brain must look like !! Back to ignore SOFTY. Amazing how you claim to not be Softlaw, only influenced by him, yet you blather on with the same stupidity. Godbye you fool !!

Hetch 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Ortiz, while still the only vital organ in the Red Sox offense, is in decline. His time is near, and he would do well to retire at the end of this season. A contract settlement would take care of 2014. I suspect he'll leave MLB like Wakefield and most veterans.

Factually incorrect. David Ortiz has CAREER averages of .287/.930; this year he was at .307/.960. His production this year EXCEEDED his career averages. If you are saying that he is in PHYSICAL decline, well, of course he is. Nearly every adult over 30  is-which is not so bad when you consider the alternative.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

The Superbowl is a small sample size.

And your brain is an extremely small sample !! Back to ignore SOFTY. Amazing how you claim to not be Softlaw, only influenced by him, yet you blather on with the same stupidity. Godbye you fool !!

Hetch 

Hetch, with all due respect, there is no need for you to make a grand proclamation every time you put someone on ignore. Just do it! No one really cares if they are on your ignore list. And there is certainly no need for the personal insults you hurl at the individuals who have earned the right to be on your sh!t list.
    Oh wait....you won't even see this. I am on your list!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Ortiz, while still the only vital organ in the Red Sox offense, is in decline. His time is near, and he would do well to retire at the end of this season. A contract settlement would take care of 2014. I suspect he'll leave MLB like Wakefield and most veterans.

His time to retire is near?  Wow!  What great baseball insight!!!  The guy is 40ish (who really knows), & stiffy is imparting his wisdom, letting us know he can't keep producing at the highest level forever??  And here we were, thinking he could DH until 2020.  Perhaps somebody should let the RS front office know about this startling revelation. 

I know it's been hard for stiffy to have watched? this whole season, with Papi proving him & his boy toy billy wrong day in & day out, but it's truly sad to see him calling for Papi's 'Wake' service before his actual retirement.  You're the consumate broken clock stiffy!  Keep saying he's headed for a disasterous season.......  you're bound to be right one of these years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Factually incorrect. David Ortiz has CAREER averages of .287/.930; this year he was at .307/.960. His production this year EXCEEDED his career averages. If you are saying that he is in PHYSICAL decline, well, of course he is. Nearly every adult over 30  is-which is not so bad when you consider the alternative.

Actually Pumpsie if I remember my facts from biology correctly the average male is in decline after about the age of 18 but again since I'm going to be 65 in a  few months, I'm so badly in decline I could actually be incorrect which I'll admit would be the first time in my life since birth, just like Softy has never been incorrect !#@$$%^&*()__)(*&^%$#%^&*()_ if you get my drift.

As far as grand proclamations it is not and yes you as well are going back on ignore and it is my right to say what I want on BDC, and your presumption that no one really cares is yours alone. As far as insulting anyone, I try not to but I only insult those who take there time to insult others, which Softy constantly has done and always will do. So once someone on this board spews insults at a player I hold in high regard I reserve the right to insult the insultee. 

Hetchless 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Congrats to David Ortiz for a great season !!

Hetch

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

His production this year EXCEEDED his career averages

His "career averages" include the declining years that begin back in 2009. His season long production in RBI's and HR is in decline.  

If you keep changing your metric for failure, you are bound to prove yourself correct one of these days.

I wonder how it feels to have everyone around you know you're wrong, yet still think you're right, despite mountains of evidence to the contrary.  It takes a special mind to stand tall in the face of such overwhelming evidence against you ;)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

He also isn't even correct. Lackey made more than he did this year.

I said "exculding Prima Donna Peavy", Ortiz is 2nd highest paid, which is behind Lackey. I didn't include Peavy because the Red Sox haven't paid his full salary for 2013. If I did, Ortiz would be 3rd highest paid.

I was correct, and you were captious but foolishly wrong.

Sorry. I guess I didn't know what "exculding" meant.