Congrats, Sox fans....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Re: Congrats, Sox fans....

In response to prknsdnld's comment:

...your overrated punching bag shortstop is out for the remainder of the playoffs....you may now see how important he really was to his team.....if you finally open your eyes...

I have always been a fan of Jeter and understand his importance. I also expect Nix to play well in his absence and provide better defense. The yankees will not lose this series because Jeter is out. It will be because they rake average pitching and take the pipe against good pitching.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

This is really an unfair post.  You write this with the implication that Red Sox fans are cheering Jeter's injury.  While I'm sure there are a few who would do so, most of us would not.

I'm glad the Yankees lost the game.  I'll also be the first to admit that I rag on Jeter's defense all the time and that I think his Gold Gloves are a complete joke.

That said, I have never doubted his importance to the Yankees, nor would I ever wish injury upon him or any other player.  Personally, I'd much rather have the teams battle it out with both teams playing at full strength.

Give us a little credit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

OP sounds like a poor sport.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

A 3-game sample size will tell us nothing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

You speak as if every Sox fan was cheering when Jete was helped off the field...Yup, sounds fair to me.(sarcasm)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Right on, Kimmi. The vast majority of us recognize and admire Jeter's greatness. And wish he played for us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

...your overrated punching bag shortstop is out for the remainder of the playoffs....you may now see how important he really was to his team.....if you finally open your eyes...

No one wants to see a player get hurt like that.

But, if we're such a pack of cretins, you know where the door is.

I suspect you won't use it though.

Feeling superior is too important to you, for some reason.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Right on, Kimmi. The vast majority of us recognize and admire Jeter's greatness. And wish he played for us.

I wish the Red Sox had Jeter ONLY before and after we had Nomar. 
    Nomar, during his prime, was better than Jeter. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Maybe you should actually read the thread wherein our feelings about this guy are clearly presented; it's entitled, "Jeter's Done".  You'd realize how stupid your post sounds.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Agreed, the OP was unfair.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Nomar had a few fantastic yrs, especially the 372 mark. However, Herb Score was a little better than Warren Spahn for a year or two (and a host of other examples). Also no rings, and when he was jettisoned was the yr the RS finally won. A ridiculous statement.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

He wasn't being unfair; he was being stupid.  Unfair can be fixed pretty easily.  Stupid has more staying power.

IRT Jeter, I've posted 100x that, even ARod's prime, I'd prefer to face ARod than Jeter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

I have always been a fan of Jeter and understand his importance. I also expect Nix to play well in his absence and provide better defense. The yankees will not lose this series because Jeter is out. It will be because they rake average pitching and take the pipe against good pitching.

I doubt Nix is a better defender than Jeter; it's not even his natural position. He's likely playing because Nunez is scary bad.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

He wasn't being unfair; he was being stupid.  Unfair can be fixed pretty easily.  Stupid has more staying power.

IRT Jeter, I've posted 100x that, even ARod's prime, I'd prefer to face ARod than Jeter.

Yes, & yes. You can be unfair & stupid at the same time

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I doubt Nix is a better defender than Jeter; it's not even his natural position. He's likely playing becuase Nunez is scary bad.

Girardi said in his press conference last night they would activate Nunez. He was asked if he considered Nix, he said he would sleep on it, but he thought he'd go with Nunez. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

I doubt Nix is a better defender than Jeter; it's not even his natural position. He's likely playing becuase Nunez is scary bad.

Girardi said in his press conference last night they would activate Nunez. He was asked if he considered Nix, he said he would sleep on it, but he thought he'd go with Nunez. 

Ugh.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Girardi also had Gardner pitch hit.  Gardner had only four at bats this entire season.

So far, it looks good for the Tigers. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

What an ignorant OP.If you think most Sox fans on this board are happy to see Jeter get hurt,you'd probably be better off posting elsewhere.Why would you want to discuss baseball with lowlifes who feel that way?It also really insulting and shows how little you think of us.

I hate the Yankees,always have and always will,but that doesn't mean I celebrate when one of the NY players go down with an injury.I feel pretty safe in saying most other Boston fans who post here feel the same way.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

I always respected Jeter. He's plays hard and keeps his mouth shut. Hate to see any player hurt.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Nomar had a few fantastic yrs, especially the 372 mark. However, Herb Score was a little better than Warren Spahn for a year or two (and a host of other examples). Also no rings, and when he was jettisoned was the yr the RS finally won. A ridiculous statement.

I agree other than the rings argument....Charlie Silvera has one more ring than Jeter, right?  And Jim Loscutoff (7) was four better than Larry Bird (3).  And of course Ernie Banks was the joint worst player in baseball history because he won no rings.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

His defense is overrated but he's one hard out and the leader on that team.

I still think the Yanks would've lost to the Tigers but now it's almost assured.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I'm glad the yanks lost and I hope they continue to lose however I'm not glad Jeter broke his ankle.  He plays the game right and is one heck of a ball player.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

What an ignorant OP.If you think most Sox fans on this board are happy to see Jeter get hurt,you'd probably be better off posting elsewhere.Why would you want to discuss baseball with lowlifes who feel that way?It also really insulting and shows how little you think of us.

I hate the Yankees,always have and always will,but that doesn't mean I celebrate when one of the NY players go down with an injury.I feel pretty safe in saying most other Boston fans who post here feel the same way.

You can gladly speak for me on that one too Mojo.  Most all Red Sox fans despise the Yankees but I don't know one who is doing handstands now that Derek Jeter has been severly injured and is out for the Playoffs.  Jeter is a sure Hall of Famer, his #2 jersey will be retired by his team and we will go down as one of the great Yankees.  We may hate the Yankees but Red Sox fans the nation over appreciate good play and good players.  I wish Derek a full and speedy recovery.  OP, I don't think that was one of your finest moments.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

I agree other than the rings argument....Charlie Silvera has one more ring than Jeter, right?  And Jim Loscutoff (7) was four better than Larry Bird (3).  And of course Ernie Banks was the joint worst player in baseball history because he won no rings.

From the sublime to the ridiculous. Granted, it wasn't Nomar's fault his teams didn't win. But those were marginal players who barely took the field and had little impact on their teams. Should we include bat boys, clubhouse men & trainers too? If so, Pete Sheehy had about 20 rings.

Sections
Shortcuts