Congrats Sox Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Congrats Sox Fans

Hey gang - have not been here since the beginning of the year. Family and business issues have kept me on the sidelines. First year that I didn't even get to the Stadium.

Anyway, just wanted to drop by and say congrats to Boston for a great year. Well played. And to all my friends here - good luck with the post season and enjoy. Hope to see you next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

Re: Congrats Sox Fans

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

Hey gang - have not been here since the beginning of the year. Family and business issues have kept me on the sidelines. First year that I didn't even get to the Stadium.

Anyway, just wanted to drop by and say congrats to Boston for a great year. Well played. And to all my friends here - good luck with the post season and enjoy. Hope to see you next year.

I don't contribute too awfully much to these forums but well played!  We can all go back and forth about what we hold to be truth in the baseball world but it's always nice to see those who we might not always(ever? lol!) agree with post stuff like this..

Edit: Man, I really need to update my avatar.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hey Jess!!...good to see you man...lousy season for our boys, but troubles of our own making...what can you do?...anyway, hope things are better for you...stay up bud..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Hey Jessy old friend. really great to hear from you. very much appreciate your classy post bro. sorry that your boys had so many issues this year but you know what they say. the yankees will always rebound and be competitive again. just not too soon if you catch my drift. our buddy jetes is probably taking all kind of flack from his lady boss red sox fan. but we both know that jetes can take it. all of you can. you,zac and jetes. steven as well. stay chilly bro and take care.

your buddy Hammah.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Hey Hammah - enjoy my friend.

Hey Jete - wasn't really expecting much to begin with. Just hoping Hal and Brian can keep the team below the $189 Million threshold going into the 2014 season and drop that luxury tax hit. Hope that A-Rod is grounded for all next year and forced to retire in 2015. Be smart with Granderson and Cano signings and get something productive out of the farm. So I am not expecting much from 2014 except for a competitive team. It will get my juices flowing for 2015. Need to miss a couple of years of post season to bring the hunger back.

Took myself a small vacation, kind of on investigation. Checking out a new sensation, finding much invigoration. Hand is on the buzzer and i'm walking through the door.

Get high - high - high  on a new thing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Thanks jessey.  take care of real life. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Whats good Jess!!  Most excellent to see you round these parts.  Hope all is well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Hey Jessey~

It's been too long!  Hope to see more of you next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Thanks Jess. Love having you, Steven and Jete around ... class Yankee fans always welcome! Wonder what happened to 42nyc, he was a good guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Thanks Jess. Love having you, Steven and Jete around ... class Yankee fans always welcome! Wonder what happened to 42nyc, he was a good guy.

Yeah, and Babe ...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Nothing less than a WS or close loss in the WS is "a great year" when the payroll is akin to $100,000 for a toilet seat.

When all other arguements are lost, it is so comforting to know the payroll will always be there to fall back on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Classy post Jess. The rise back up is the most fun as a fan, at least you got that to look forward to. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Good to see you around, Jess.  Thanks for the well wishes.  If you can hang for a little, come join us for Smiley-Beni Day.  You can dance with Wally the Green Monster over there.  Yankee fans are welcome just as long as they know their place on our turf as objects of humilation.  You seem like a good sport and a dude that can take it.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Nothing less than a WS or close loss in the WS is "a great year" when the payroll is akin to $100,000 for a toilet seat.

There is no tone Stiffy can't lower.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

2 comments:  1)  I grew up (born in '61) hating the Yankees for ignorant, tribal reasons.  I think the '74-'92 Yankees were generally pretty hateable as they were largely mercenary teams owned by a showboating jerk and seemingly put together based on the back of baseball card stats. But around '95 I stopped hating them....Williams, Rivera, Jeter, Posada, Pettitte.... home grown talent and good people....and many key acquistions (O'Neill, Boggs, Martinez) were solid, professionals too.  I just couldn't hate a team like that.  So I stopped. Still don't like them much, but am honest enough to admit perhaps a bit of jealousy.  ;-)

2)  I'm open to being corrected, but I view Jesse and Jete as baseball fans first and Yankee fans second.  I'm not as openminded as that....not yet, anyway.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Good to see you drop by.

Don't be a stranger. Board needs all the good posters it can get.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hey jess! Thanks man, but Im sure it wont be long before the NYY are back. Like you said, maybe a year or two out of the playoffs with get the hunger pains going again. Good to "see" you again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

J/E!  Long time, no see. We've missed you here on the board.

Thanks for dropping by with the classy post.  You're always welcome here, even though you do see everything through pinstripes.  Smile 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.