CONGRATS TIM WAKEFIELD, THE SOX HAVE NOW TURNED THE CORNER.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

CONGRATS TIM WAKEFIELD, THE SOX HAVE NOW TURNED THE CORNER.....

THE SPARK IS BACK.... MOVING TOWARDS CLOSING THE SEASON ON AN UPBEAT NOTE & READY FOR THE POST SESON !!!  GREAT JOB THEO & TITO TOO !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

Re: CONGRATS TIM WAKEFIELD, THE SOX HAVE NOW TURNED THE CORNER.....

After reading the various Wakefield and Francona related threads.... I have no idea if you are being serious or sarcastic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: CONGRATS TIM WAKEFIELD, THE SOX HAVE NOW TURNED THE CORNER.....:
    [QUOTE]After reading the various Wakefield and Francona related threads.... I have no idea if you are being serious or sarcastic.
    Posted by athens7676[/QUOTE]  LET ME HELP YOU...... VERY SERIOUS !! I AM A TRUE RED SOX FAN SINCE THE DAYS OF IKE DELOCK, TOMMY BREWER, AND BIG FRANK SULLIVAN....  "HI NEIGHBOR, HAVE A GANSETT" !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In Response to CONGRATS TIM WAKEFIELD, THE SOX HAVE NOW TURNED THE CORNER.....:
    [QUOTE]   THE SPARK IS BACK.... MOVING TOWARDS CLOSING THE SEASON ON AN UPBEAT NOTE & READY FOR THE POST SESON !!!  GREAT JOB THEO & TITO TOO !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Yes, we hope the spark is back. the wild card may be ovah by Sunday, but only hits produce runs when men are on base. The pressure is on the pitchers because , as we all know, we once scored 10 runs and still lost. Tito may have to use smoke and mirrors from his 6 and 7th innings  to win games as well as keeping a patched up rotation healthy enough to give us at least 5 innings to keep us afloat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

In Response to Re: CONGRATS TIM WAKEFIELD, THE SOX HAVE NOW TURNED THE CORNER.....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: CONGRATS TIM WAKEFIELD, THE SOX HAVE NOW TURNED THE CORNER..... :   LET ME HELP YOU...... VERY SERIOUS !! I AM A TRUE RED SOX FAN SINCE THE DAYS OF IKE DELOCK, TOMMY BREWER, AND BIG FRANK SULLIVAN....  "HI NEIGHBOR, HAVE A GANSETT" !!!!

Bob Porterfield, Ted Lepcio, Frank Malzone, Sammy White,  Jackie Jensen, Jimmy Piersall

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Congratulations to Wake on number 200. The Sox needed this game badly and the offense woke uo just in time. Nice job!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CONGRATS TIM WAKEFIELD, THE SOX HAVE NOW TURNED THE CORNER..... : Bob Porterfield, Ted Lepcio, Frank Malzone, Sammy White,  Jackie Jensen, Jimmy Piersall
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE] B I N G O !!!  "THOSE WERE THE DAYS MY FRIENDS, WE THOUGHT THEY WOULD NEVER END" !!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Finally getting win No. 200 might seal the deal on Wakefield's retirement but then again who knows what the pitching staff will look like in 2012.
    He might get a minor league contract and an invitation to spring training and make the team again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I am still remaining optimistic, but the Red Sox still need to win most of their remaining games in order to have any chance of winning the Wild Card this year.
    Winning the finals games against Tampa Bay are very important. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No he won't. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

lets bring back Wakefield next year           :  )

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Finally getting win No. 200 might seal the deal on Wakefield's retirement but then again who knows what the pitching staff will look like in 2012. He might get a minor league contract and an invitation to spring training and make the team again.
    Posted by Diamondtalk[/QUOTE]

Many local announcers on TV/radio believe that Wakefield will retire after this season.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

In Response to CONGRATS TIM WAKEFIELD, THE SOX HAVE NOW TURNED THE CORNER.....:
    [QUOTE]   THE SPARK IS BACK.... MOVING TOWARDS CLOSING THE SEASON ON AN UPBEAT NOTE & READY FOR THE POST SESON !!!  GREAT JOB THEO & TITO TOO !!!!

If they lose this afternoon you'll be posting about how the season is over.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to CONGRATS TIM WAKEFIELD, THE SOX HAVE NOW TURNED THE CORNER..... : If they lose this afternoon you'll be posting about how the season is over.
    Posted by Roadrunner9234[/QUOTE]

No one has ever confused Bill with a stable human being.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to CONGRATS TIM WAKEFIELD, THE SOX HAVE NOW TURNED THE CORNER..... : If they lose this afternoon you'll be posting about how the season is over.
    Posted by Roadrunner9234[/QUOTE]  LIKE THE "BIG O", I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO BLAME EVERYONE ELSE !!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AND ANOTHER ONE GETS AWAY !!!  IS THERE ANY URGENCY WITH THIS TEAM ????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from napalmball. Show napalmball's posts

Many local announcers on TV/radio believe that Wakefield will retire after this season.                                     

Now, why would Wakefield decide to retire while still saving arms, eating innings and giving his team a chance to win for the last 2.5 years? Surely, it wouldn't have anything to do with a washed up last 2.5 years performance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Let me add that I've always liked Wakefield and appreciate the contribution he's made to this team. Also, as a septuagenarian, I like to see older athletes achieve milestones. However, he might seriously consider retiring now on a good note. Or, maybe be considered for some 2-3 middle inning relief as good hitters seem to get on to his slower and fatter softball type pitches the 2nd & 3rd time around when he starts a game. But mostly, the first at bats he can fool people...my opinion at least !!!

Sections
Shortcuts