Congrats to Anthony Rizzo (Mark Grace according to redsoxfan791) on his 1st MLB HR.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Congrats to Anthony Rizzo (Mark Grace according to redsoxfan791) on his 1st MLB HR.

It's bittersweet.  The Red Sox got the best hitter in baseball but they also gave up a sure-thing future stud.  Congrats to him on his quick track to the majors.  The kid can straight up launch HR's.  I still remember redsoxfan791 calling him Mark Grace-like even though he based that comparison off of nothing but his desire to sound like he's a professional scout.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Congrats to Anthony Rizzo (Mark Grace according to redsoxfan791) on his 1st MLB HR.

In Response to Congrats to Anthony Rizzo (Mark Grace according to redsoxfan791) on his 1st MLB HR.:
    [QUOTE]It's bittersweet.  The Red Sox got the best hitter in baseball but they also gave up a sure-thing future stud.  Congrats to him on his quick track to the majors.  The kid can straight up launch HR's.  I still remember redsoxfan791 calling him Mark Grace-like even though he based that comparison off of nothing but his desire to sound like he's a professional scout.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]
    In his first three MLB games, Anthony Rizzo is 3-for-10 (.300) with one homerun and four strikeouts.

In his first three MLB games, Mark Grace was 5-for-12 (.455) with one homerun and one strikeout:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?id=gracema01&t=b&year=1988

You should be careful about taking on a more knowledgable poster such as redsoxfan791.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

Re: Congrats to Anthony Rizzo (Mark Grace according to redsoxfan791) on his 1st MLB HR.

In Response to Re: Congrats to Anthony Rizzo (Mark Grace according to redsoxfan791) on his 1st MLB HR.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Congrats to Anthony Rizzo (Mark Grace according to redsoxfan791) on his 1st MLB HR. : In his first three MLB games, Anthony Rizzo is 3-for-10 (.300) with one homerun and four strikeouts. In his first three MLB games, Mark Grace was 5-for-12 (.455) with one homerun and one strikeout: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?id=gracema01&t=b&year=1988 You should be careful about taking on a more knowledgable poster such as redsoxfan791.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]
    Sure, SoxPatsCelts is an idiot, but your judgement is always questionable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I do not miss Hanley nor will I miss Rizzo - I wish them both terrific Jeff Bagwell type careers, HOF even!

We have our guys and we are better for it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

How about a recap of the Seattle Mariners season and future from Mr. Hill from Seattle instead of critiqueing our posters on a Red Sox forum. Is he passing through here on his nightly tour of MLB forums? Hats off to such a broad baseball fan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Congrats to Anthony Rizzo (Mark Grace according to redsoxfan791) on his 1st MLB HR.:
    [QUOTE]How about a recap of the Seattle Mariners season and future from Mr. Hill from Seattle instead of critiqueing our posters on a Red Sox forum. Is he passing through here on his nightly tour of MLB forums? Hats off to such a broad baseball fan.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]
    The Mariners are resting veterans such as Jack Cust, Jack Wilson, Chone Figgins and even Ichiro in favor of young power hitters despite being only 1.5 game behind the reigning American League champion Texas Rangers. The light-hitting M's have 15 homeruns already this month after hitting only 16 and 13 in April and May, respectively.

A key has been a rotation that has not missed a start in posting ERAs ranging from Jason Vargas' high of 3.94 to Michael Pineda's low of 2.72. Brandon League leads the league in saves despite an improbable five-game stretch in which he was charged with four losses.

Seattle is not expected to contend coming off its 101-loss season in 2010. Nevertheless, the Mariners have been respectable in posting a winning record and taking a series already this season from each of the five AL East teams. Top hitting prospect Dustin Ackley should be called up soon from a farm system that boasts promising prospects.

I hope that answers your question for a recap ... thanks for asking.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I do not miss Hanley nor will I miss Rizzo - I wish them both terrific Jeff Bagwell type careers, HOF even!

We have our guys and we are better for it.

I agree, and Theo has been very selective about trading our best kids. Beckett and AGon have made us better...who cares what these other guys may or may not have done for us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]I do not miss Hanley nor will I miss Rizzo - I wish them both terrific Jeff Bagwell type careers, HOF even! We have our guys and we are better for it. I agree, and Theo has been very selective about trading our best kids. Beckett and AGon have made us better ...who cares what these other guys may or may not have done for us.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Theo didn't trade Hanley, ownership did.

One could argue that Rizzo and Kelly are the two biggest minor league chips he's ever traded.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Should have been used in a trade for a solid young RH OF'er. Oh well, Lowrie and Ellsbury are going to be beloved long career Red Sox heroes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Congrats to Anthony Rizzo (Mark Grace according to redsoxfan791) on his 1st MLB HR.:
    [QUOTE]It's bittersweet.  The Red Sox got the best hitter in baseball but they also gave up a sure-thing future stud.  Congrats to him on his quick track to the majors.  The kid can straight up launch HR's.  I still remember redsoxfan791 calling him Mark Grace-like even though he based that comparison off of nothing but his desire to sound like he's a professional scout.

Rizzo may not have had the impact we needed right away like AGon but he has the tools to become just as good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Should have been used in a trade for a solid young RH OF'er. Oh well, Lowrie and Ellsbury are going to be beloved long career Red Sox heroes.

are you saying that you would have rather got Upton for more players (Towers asking price was truly ridiculous) instead of Gonzo?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

When did they trade for bautista?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Agon > Bautista.....sorry Babe.  Bautista may be the HR king, but Gonzo has pop and he can drive them in, leads the league in hits, 2b, avg, RBI and his splits are nasty...I'm talking about batting with runners in scoring position & with two outs.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

i have notihng against 791, but the dude takes his stats a bit too seriously. Mark Grace was no bum, but to cap a 20yo (at the time) with Rizzo's tools and performance was moronic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3ab3ed41f0-b3b8-4441-8541-5e054fe08ad5&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:b3ed41f0-b3b8-4441-8541-5e054fe08ad5Post:14a7ca86-27e4-4c81-b0e9-4f3b0e805524">Re: Congrats to Anthony Rizzo (Mark Grace according to redsoxfan791) on his 1st MLB HR.:
    I do not miss Hanley nor will I miss Rizzo - I wish them both terrific Jeff Bagwell type careers, HOF even! We have our guys and we are better for it. I agree, and Theo has been very selective about trading our best kids. Beckett and AGon have made us better ...who cares what these other guys may or may not have done for us.
    Posted by moonslav59

Theo didn't trade Hanley, ownership did.

One could argue that Rizzo and Kelly are the two biggest minor league chips he's ever traded.

SPC, the quote here is Burrito's not mine, although I do agree with him here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

moon true Theo has been selective, when he trades his best it is for a proven commodity... no Bagwell/Anderson deals coming out of this administration.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

To get talent you have to give up talent. Looks like this will be a win-win for both sides. Thats why RS are able to get players like Beckett; Lowell; and Agon. RS do great job of grooming young talent and getting them ready for big league level and teams are willing to give up great talent for cheap future stars. Makes you wonder why teams aren't knocking down Yankees door when they tried to trade Montero on a few occasions, maybe to much hype and not as good as Yankee brass wants everyone to believe?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

[QUOTE]moon true Theo has been selective, when he trades his best it is for a proven commodity... no Bagwell/Anderson deals coming out of this administration.  
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

i thought all he did was buy, buy, buy. Or whatever nonesense it is you were spewing a few weeks ago.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

No, I was the one who said that AGon this winter was a must. You can't keep up, Southpall.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

Do you hear that everyone!? Softy--and softy alone--was responsible for bringing AGon to Boston. He is the only person to ever mention AGon as a trade target of Theo's. Ever.

Sections
Shortcuts