Congratulations David Ortiz!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Congratulations David Ortiz!

What a night. Watch the Red Sox pummel 8 HRs in Wednesday’s win: http://atmlb.com/17BBYiY

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

The guy's a HOFer

I agree.  I'm suprised more people do not discuss this here.  He could be on the bubble because of the DH issue which is simply silly.  He'll retire with a .285 AVG, 450 HR's and 1500 RBI's.....pretty crazy numbers.  If Rice made it....Papi WILL make it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Congratulations Big Papi! Still going strong and showing no signs of letting up. I loved to hear the Fenway Faithful rain their praises down on your ears. Well deserved.

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

The guy's a HOFer

I agree.  I'm suprised more people do not discuss this here.  He could be on the bubble because of the DH issue which is simply silly.  He'll retire with a .285 AVG, 450 HR's and 1500 RBI's.....pretty crazy numbers.  If Rice made it....Papi WILL make it.

I hope so.....Papi could finish Top 40 All time in OPS(.9297 currently #38), with few exceptions everyone ahead of him is either in The HOF, Will be in the HOF, tainted by PED's.....Albert Belle is an Exception, but he had a short career and the writers and most people thought he was a bad guy....Larry Walker may not make it, but he seems to be tainted by playing in Colorado(personally is numbers call for him to make it)....Edgar M is ahead of Papi and that is clearly DH related...he also should be in....One interesting thing that surprised me as a looked at the list....AROD # 27 at .9434, immeditely behind Lance Berkman at .9437....I would have nver guessed Lance Berkman has a better OPS than AROD.....or Paps for that matter, even considering his great OBP.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i dont think he will.  because:  2003 test.  whether it is valid or not - his name was leaked.  the writers will never allow anyone that even has a suspicion of use into the Hall.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I agree with you agreeing with Steven. I've  never bought the "DH shouldn't be in the Hall" argument, especially when he has the track record Ortiz does.

Sections
Shortcuts