Congratulations Derek Jeter on 3,000 hits-Is 5 for 5 today including HR! WOW!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Congratulations Derek Jeter on 3,000 hits-Is 5 for 5 today including HR! WOW!

Disagree Promise. It's not like pitchers would pitch around him in another line-up. He doesn't posess imposing power.

Look at Jeter's splits. He hits and hits whether in NY or anywhere else. His ability to turn on the inside pitch, given how he crowds the plate, is why he's a HOF'er. The credit is his. It doesn't belong to a stacked line-up. 
    This guy's a HOF'er anywhere.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Re: Congratulations Derek Jeter on 3,000 hits-Is 5 for 5 today including HR! WOW!

All hail the god-like Jeter and his accomplishments that we mere mortals cannot fathom.  His greatness has no equal.  We consider ourselves blessed being alive to witness his miracles.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In Response to Re: Congratulations Derek Jeter on 3,000 hits-Is 5 for 5 today including HR! WOW!:
    [QUOTE]Just a thought, as I live in Michigan (and Im a Boston Boy), if Jeter played for the Tigers, what would his accomplishments be? I can't tell you, but im betting without the great ball players around him, he would not have 3,000 hits! This says something for the great Yankee's organization. Then again I think Jete is no question a Hall Guy! Here's to Jeter a Michigan Boy!
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]

Or, he would have hit in the number three spot his entire career and had even better numbers.  He batted number two for more than half of his career, never troubled by giving himself up to move a runner over, and he still had over 200 hits 7 times. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Jeter: countdown to 3,000 hits:Today's game 1st at bat single-1 away!

In Response to Re: Jeter: countdown to 3,000 hits:Today's game 1st at bat single-1 away!:
    [QUOTE]You'd think yankee fans would want to celebrate this accomplishment with other yankee fans?  But alas, yankee fans get more pleasure out of trying to tick off Sox fans than to enjoy their own team. 
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Congrats to Jeter, a class act. But I just can't imagine why Yankee fans would not want to be celebrating this achievement with other Yankee fans on a Yankee board. It boggles the mind that they would rather come to a Sox board, on Boston.com and make a bunch of posts about it. Weird.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Jeter: countdown to 3,000 hits:Today's game 1st at bat single-1 away!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter: countdown to 3,000 hits:Today's game 1st at bat single-1 away! : I agree. Congrats to Jeter, a class act. But I just can't imagine why Yankee fans would not want to be celebrating this achievement with other Yankee fans on a Yankee board. It boggles the mind that they would rather come to a Sox board, on Boston.com and make a bunch of posts about it. Weird.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

No its not, your post is weird.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter: countdown to 3,000 hits:Today's game 1st at bat single-1 away! : No its not, your post is weird.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

Whatever you say, Mikey.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Only man ever with 3000 hits, world series MVP and Allstar game MVP. Amazing career.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steve3344. Show Steve3344's posts

In Response to Re: Congratulations Derek Jeter on 3,000 hits-Is 5 for 5 today including HR! WOW!:
    [QUOTE]Only man ever with 3000 hits, world series MVP and Allstar game MVP. Amazing career.
    Posted by Celtics1986[/QUOTE]

Since they only started giving out All-Star game MVP awards in 1962 and World Series MVP's in 1955, Jeter would certainly not be the only player to achieve that trifecta.  Other players would be there as well.  And don't forget, seven members of the 3,000 hit club played their entire careers before All-Star games even started in 1933.

So that's an unfair statement about Jeter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congratulations Derek Jeter on 3,000 hits-Is 5 for 5 today including HR! WOW! : Since they only started giving out All-Star game MVP awards in 1962 and World Series MVP's in 1955, Jeter would certainly not be the only player to achieve that trifecta.  Other players would be there as well.  And don't forget, seven members of the 3,000 hit club played their entire careers before All-Star games even started in 1933. So that's an unfair statement about Jeter.
    Posted by Steve3344[/QUOTE]

Not really; it's still impressive, since nobody's done that in the last 50+ yrs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter: countdown to 3,000 hits:Today's game 1st at bat single-1 away! : I agree. Congrats to Jeter, a class act. But I just can't imagine why Yankee fans would not want to be celebrating this achievement with other Yankee fans on a Yankee board. It boggles the mind that they would rather come to a Sox board, on Boston.com and make a bunch of posts about it. Weird.

Its not weird.  Even Sox players have tweeted and publicly  congratulated Jeter.  Its about the game that all of us love.  If a Sox player passed a milestone Yankee fans would do the same thing.  There is nothing weird about this at all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter: countdown to 3,000 hits:Today's game 1st at bat single-1 away! : Its not weird.  Even Sox players have tweeted and publicly  congratulated Jeter.  Its about the game that all of us love.  If a Sox player passed a milestone Yankee fans would do the same thing.  There is nothing weird about this at all.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

You're replying twice to the same post. The first post you made I said "Whatever you say, Mikey". Perhaps you didn't want to comment on that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter: countdown to 3,000 hits:Today's game 1st at bat single-1 away! : You're replying twice to the same post. The first post you made I said "Whatever you say, Mikey". Perhaps you didn't want to comment on that.

Kim, IMO, I don't think this is Mikey; Mikey was smarter, and wouldn't get sucked into some of the smack discussions that this guy did. (I'm sure Camel will appreciate that)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter: countdown to 3,000 hits:Today's game 1st at bat single-1 away! : You're replying twice to the same post. The first post you made I said "Whatever you say, Mikey". Perhaps you didn't want to comment on that.

You are weird.  I just disagree with you about how Yankee fans would not celebrate this on this board.  There are Yankee fans here and there are baseball fans here, Sox fans appreciate this accomplishment as well and they appreciate the game itself. I'm headed out, have a nice day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congratulations Derek Jeter on 3,000 hits-Is 5 for 5 today including HR! WOW! : Since they only started giving out All-Star game MVP awards in 1962 and World Series MVP's in 1955, Jeter would certainly not be the only player to achieve that trifecta.  Other players would be there as well.  And don't forget, seven members of the 3,000 hit club played their entire careers before All-Star games even started in 1933. So that's an unfair statement about Jeter.
    Posted by Steve3344[/QUOTE]

So that's an unfair statement about Jeter.

too funny

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter: countdown to 3,000 hits:Today's game 1st at bat single-1 away! : Kim, IMO, I don't think this is Mikey; Mikey was smarter, and wouldn't get sucked into some of the smack discussions that this guy did. (I'm sure Camel will appreciate that)
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Mikeyinthebronx is Camelwalk. And he's been involved in many "smack" discussions. He also turns into Benmann in the off-season. FTR he wanted no part of any discussion of him even being Camelwalk. I know it when I see it. I'm just amazed so many fans haven't figured it out yet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter: countdown to 3,000 hits:Today's game 1st at bat single-1 away! : Mikeyinthebronx is Camelwalk. And he's been involved in many "smack" discussions. He also turns into Benmann in the off-season. FTR he wanted no part of any discussion of him even being Camelwalk. I know it when I see it. I'm just amazed so many fans haven't figured it out yet.

Perhaps, but to me, Mikey posted like an adult (sort of), and Camelback posts like an 11 yr old, with his na-na-na-na-na-na style; (also, I haven't seen Benamn in ages).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeter: countdown to 3,000 hits:Today's game 1st at bat single-1 away! : Mikeyinthebronx is Camelwalk. And he's been involved in many "smack" discussions. He also turns into Benmann in the off-season. FTR he wanted no part of any discussion of him even being Camelwalk. I know it when I see it. I'm just amazed so many fans haven't figured it out yet.

I have no idea who you are nor Benmann or Mikey and I live in Hoboken, take it easy its the internet.

Sections
Shortcuts