Congratulations Jacoby Ellsbury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Congratulations Jacoby Ellsbury

Ellsbury just became the first player in Red Sox history to hit 30 homeruns and steal 30 bases in a single season.
    Ellsbury has more than proven himself this year and especially this past month where he is one of the very few sox who is actually performing at the plate.
    Once again..great job Jacoby. He is certainly doing his part.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Congratulations Jacoby Ellsbury

Gee..I just realized..Ellsbury has more homeruns and more RBI's than Ortiz...hmmmm....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Congratulations Jacoby Ellsbury:
    Ellsbury just became the first player in Red Sox history to hit 30 homeruns and steal 30 bases in a single season. Ellsbury has more than proven himself this year and especially this past month where he is one of the very few sox who is actually performing at the plate. Once again..great job Jacoby. He is certainly doing his part.
    Posted by miscricket

No doubt incredible numbers for a leadoff hitter.  Great year Jacoby and still a few more Games "hopefully more" to improve on it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Congratulations Jacoby Ellsbury:
    Ellsbury just became the first player in Red Sox history to hit 30 homeruns and steal 30 bases in a single season. Ellsbury has more than proven himself this year and especially this past month where he is one of the very few sox who is actually performing at the plate. Once again..great job Jacoby. He is certainly doing his part.
    Posted by miscricket

Amen, and one of the VERY few bright spots this ridiculous season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Excellent year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Terrific effort, he was the offense today. 30-30-100-.320, not many players in the history of the game can match those numbers. Arbitration next season, do you think he might be in for a bit of a raise? I can see Boras salivating. Is Jacoby better than Crawford? How much are they paying Crawford?  Drool, Drool, Drool. That's Boras drooling on his desk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

yea hes had a wonderful year, if we had more players like him, maybe we would win some games

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I think we need a couple of players more like Verlander.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Nomar 30 HR, 22 SB....and that was considered a great, great feat. Ellsbury is having a season for the ages.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

I'm afraid that the Crawford signing will be a huge barrier to signing JE long-term.  He will be looking for Crawford money, and I think the FO knew when they signed CC that Ells would not be part of their long-term plans, which is unfortunate, in hindsight.  If they could have foreseen this type of surge by Ellsbury, no way would they have signed CC.  I doubt that they have room in the payroll for both, unless they significantly increase payroll.  The other option is to move CC and eat part of his contract (likely a significant amount), but I don't see them even considering that until giving him another full season to rebound (the good news is, he can only go up from here). 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

P.S. The Yankees could very well have the interest and $ interest when the time comes................

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Weren't some of the people around here last season wanting to get rid of him after he sustained the rib injury? He still has a shot at getting a higher BA at the end of the season than AGon. This man is worth the money, if he hits the open market after next season he will be grabbed up fast. The only knock on him is his arm, everything else is outstanding.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Congratulations Jacoby Ellsbury:
    I'm afraid that the Crawford signing will be a huge barrier to signing JE long-term.  He will be looking for Crawford money, and I think the FO knew when they signed CC that Ells would not be part of their long-term plans, which is unfortunate, in hindsight.  If they could have foreseen this type of surge by Ellsbury, no way would they have signed CC.  I doubt that they have room in the payroll for both, unless they significantly increase payroll.  The other option is to move CC and eat part of his contract (likely a significant amount), but I don't see them even considering that until giving him another full season to rebound (the good news is, he can only go up from here). 
    Posted by kt888

Crawford isn't going anywhere other than left field in a Sox uniform for the forseeable future. Theo is going to have to make a large financial decision regarding Ellsbury. It is a big problem for Theo, but it is a problem of his own making. He chose to sign Crawford to that terrible contract and now he is going to have to fork over the big bucks to Ells. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Amen to the congratulations.

Ells as a Yankee would just about ruin my love for baseball. It would be the worst thing possible.

We need to simply eat the dollars and years, and sign him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I liked the Crawford for Wells proposals earlier in the year. Wells is also signed to a horrid contract with the Angels but for not as long as Crawford. The Angels were said to be the second team most interested in Crawford. There could be room for a deal of some kind there. The Angels trade their older expensive albatross for a younger one who might rebound for them. It would be one of those "change of scenery" transactions. Wells could possibly produce in Boston too, who knows? He was a good player in Toronto. If such a trade enables the Red Sox to extend Ellsbury, then even better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiefret. Show chiefret's posts

Sign him to a long term 6-8 yr contract. Bid adios to Lowrie, Wakefield, Drew, Varitek, Ortiz, Scutaro, McDonald and everyone if the BP except Papelbon, Bard and Aceves. Drew and Ortiz alone are $26 million. Theo is he's still emp[loyed by the Sox should inform all ML teams that Lackey and Crawford are available for trade, Sox of course would have  to eat some of their salaries. Lackey could do well pitching for a NL team, he reminds me of Jeff Suppan who had productive yrs in the NL. The Sox are a flawed team and the time for a major overhaul is long overdue.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

and i'm STILL waiting for someone to tell me what Ellsbury was Softy talking about???....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Els is great.  He has been the only spark plug lately.  Hope it continues tonight, we need a few more wins.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

His has beautiful and powerful swing, all his mechanics are almost near perfect.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

His has beautiful and powerful swing, all his mechanics are almost near perfect.
    Posted by beavis

I don't know, he has that reverse pivot and all...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Posted by kt888

THIS HAS BEEN MY BIGGEST FEAR SINCE THE SIGNING OF CC!!!!!

With a big "I TOLD YOU SO" shout out to SOFTY!!!

p.s.   Does anybody know if this makes Ells. the first MLB player to have.........
    a combination of.......

30+ HR, w/ 30 (40?)+SB, w/100+ RBI's, w/.320+ BA, w/.370+ OBP, w/920+ OPS
    200+ hits, 300+ RS, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ......................

****  They may need to re-write the record books, & add a new category for
    1sts by a leadoff hitter by the time this season is over!

congrats. Ells!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If Pedroia could win the MVP, Ellsbury should certainly be in the running for his season this year.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Congratulations Jacoby Ellsbury : I don't know, he has that reverse pivot and all...
    Posted by LloydDobler

Oh man!!!!  I totally forgot about that automatic disqualification!

OK.......  I rescind my last post!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'd say the top three has to be Ellsbury, Granderson and Verlander ... in alphabetical order.

Sections
Shortcuts