Congratulations to the AL East Champion New York Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Congratulations to the AL East Champion New York Yankees

Congrats to the Yankes as well.I had them finishing third place in the AL East in the spring.They're a better team than I thought they would be.Hopefully the Red Sox will see them in the ALCS.   

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Thanks Slomag.

I like to think that there is a mutual respect amongst those of us who participate in discussion here on the BDC Sox forum.

Now, as I have ranted here since the first time I joined up - Here is to a Sox/Yanks ALCS. Baseball the way it is supposed to be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

In Response to Congratulations to the AL East Champion New York Yankees:
    [QUOTE]It pains me to write it, but as somebody who had them pegged to fade in the home stretch, I have to man up and say congratulations to the players and fans of the New York Yankees.  Not only have they proven to be the better team this year, but they are the biggest reason we still have control of the wild card, having easily brushed aside a team in the Rays that has owned us in September. I thought with the lack of starting pitching behind Sabathia, this was the year the Yankees would not be able to keep up with the superior pitching of the Sox and Rays.  Obviously, that wasn't the case.  Veteran pitchers like Colon and Garcia stepped up to the task, and stayed healthy most of the year, and Ivan Nova looks like he has the makings of a legit 2-3 starter for years to come.  With CJ Wilson and Edwin Jackson hitting the FA market, the Yankees have the potential for a very good rotation to go along with their always formidable offense.  This was our chance to take the crown, but we fell short. Congratulations Yankees.  I still hate you, but congratulations :)
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Going to sunday's game in the hopes for that ole feeling just one more time before season is over! I can tell you that the papers in the NY metropolitan area are salivating to put the stake in the heart of Red Sox Nation this weekend. Please Sox, just one more time for all your fans who put the millions in your pockets!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

www.nytimes.com/2011/09/23/sports/baseball/wild-card-races-in-boston-and-atlanta-slow-to-excruciating-crawls.html?hp">The Red Sox have lost 16 of 21 games, and their struggles have taken a toll on players and fans.
    Elise Amendola/Associated Press

www.nytimes.com/2011/09/23/sports/baseball/wild-card-races-in-boston-and-atlanta-slow-to-excruciating-crawls.html?hp">A Shift to Panic Mode in Boston and Atlanta
    FRONT PAGE OF THE NY TIMES ABOVE THE FOLD Cry
    GO DOWN SWINGING IN NY!!!!!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

thanks slomag, max tomney, tom-uk ,  RSF4Life234  & others

I'm impressed with your magnanimous posts &  good sportsmanship

Posted by pinstripezac32

Hmmm, no congrats yet from harness

how shocking

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Congratulate the team and fans who love to watch your team fail? The ones who are this very minute pulling for your team to collapse?  The team whose general manager today insulted your team and admitted he played them about getting Crawford? 

How pathetic. Some people love to continue to kiss the 27 rings that continually smack them upside the head. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Congrats are definitely due - the Yanks spent their money a lot better than the Sox did and that's a big part of the modern baseball game. Cashman driving the price up on Crawford is one more sweet cherry on the top of their financial management. 

Right now the Yanks also seem not only like a more expensive and better run team than the Sox but a team with a bit more heart and better chemistry. Whether that holds out in the playoffs we'll see. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

yanks played with serious heart and grit all year,,,proprs to them...now may the Sox crush them this weekend and may they lose 3 straight in the playoffs! Tongue out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Congratulations to the AL East Champion New York Yankees:
    [QUOTE]Congrats are definitely due - the Yanks spent their money a lot better than the Sox did and that's a big part of the modern baseball game. Cashman driving the price up on Crawford is one more sweet cherry on the top of their financial management.  Right now the Yanks also seem not only like a more expensive and better run team than the Sox but a team with a bit more heart and better chemistry. Whether that holds out in the playoffs we'll see. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

They did? Please tell us how much ARod makes again and how the Yanks well overpaid for his services after the little game that was played a few years back, and tell us about AJ. What about Posada? Ah and the team chemistry thing, surely you jest. The team each of the last two years was attacked early on by its own fans for lacking chemistry. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congratulations to the AL East Champion New York Yankees : They did? Please tell us how much ARod makes again and how the Yanks well overpaid for his services after the little game that was played a few years back, and tell us about AJ. What about Posada? Ah and the team chemistry thing, surely you jest. The team each of the last two years was attacked early on by its own fans for lacking chemistry. 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

You are correct. It seems that the Sox and the Yanks have become very similar teams. They both have some very overpaid players and they both are lacking in team chemistry. It is ironic to see how they are traveling down the same road and overspending along the way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I recall reading the NY forums last year and again this spring, their fans made ours look soft - meaning they were tearing some of their guys and Girardi/Cashman to pieces.

I promise you if the Yanks don't win their fans will once again break out the axes. TrollSpanker makes it sound like dandelions in the spring over there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congratulations to the AL East Champion New York Yankees : They did? Please tell us how much ARod makes again and how the Yanks well overpaid for his services after the little game that was played a few years back, and tell us about AJ. What about Posada? Ah and the team chemistry thing, surely you jest. The team each of the last two years was attacked early on by its own fans for lacking chemistry. 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

The team each of the last two years was attacked early on by its own fans for lacking chemistry.

geez why didn't anyone tell me

Sections
Shortcuts