Congratulations to the St. Louis Caedinals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Congratulations to the St. Louis Caedinals

You have to give them credit, they just wouldn't go away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Congratulations to the St. Louis Caedinals

Yes! Congrats!

And to think we had the same record as them. It's all how you do at the end that counts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

I rooted for the Rangers, but the Cards surely earned it.
    LaRussa is a Hall of Famer, as is Pujols, but the newer guys along with Fat Elvis really came through for them.
    Amazing comeback from where they were at the end of August.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The St. Louis Cardinals are the first Wild Card entrant to win the World Series since the 2004 Boston Red Sox (and the only team to make three trips to the World Series after 2001).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Unreal. There was just no stopping the Cardinals. And who is that Freese guy? I never even heard of him, and he turns out to be a one-man wrecking machine -- offense and defense. I was rooting for the Rangers, but last night after tying the game, and incredibly, winning the game with a walk-off home run, and then hearing that this guy grew up in St. Louis as a Cardinals' fan, you had to take a moment and think how unbelievable that actually was. He then comes back to tie the game, yet again, with two more runs in Game 7?  I mean, c'mon. 

"Written in the stars, a million miles away..."

I LOVE those stories.  Btw, JMO, but don't try to steal against Molina and/or Napoli. :) 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

I too pulled for the AL representative but found myself smiling as the celebration ensued. I couldn't help but wonder, as Mark McGwire took part..."...has he found some peace finally for LaRussa giving him the chance to come back to the game he loves and alienated?" I even felt an appreciation for Big Mac. Good baseball is healing!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Re: Congratulations to the St. Louis Caedinals:
    [QUOTE]Unreal. There was just no stopping the Cardinals. And who is that Freese guy? I never even heard of him, and he turns out to be a one-man wrecking machine -- offense and defense. I was rooting for the Rangers, but last night after tying the game, and incredibly, winning the game with a walk-off home run, and then hearing that this guy grew up in St. Louis as a Cardinals' fan, you had to take a moment and think how unbelievable that actually was. He then comes back to tie the game, yet again, with two more runs in Game 7?  I mean, c'mon.  "Written in the stars, a million miles away..." I LOVE those stories.  Btw, JMO, but don't try to steal against Molina and/or Napoli. :) 
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

I too smiled in noticing the catchers in this series. Yadier Molina had a career year at the plate and Mike Napoli (for all the skipper in LA had to say) was the best hitter in baseball from July on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]I too pulled for the AL representative but found myself smiling as the celebration ensued. I couldn't help but wonder, as Mark McGwire took part..."...has he found some peace finally for LaRussa giving him the chance to come back to the game he loves and alienated?" I even felt an appreciation for Big Mac. Good baseball is healing!
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

I said before the game tonight, if the Cardinals win, they deserve it. I felt a connection to it, maybe because of 2004. When you stay focused and keep fighting you can beat the odds.

As for McGwire, as with Clemens, I don't like the idea of holding up certain players as examples of the steroid era when, apparently, it was all around. So, good for him as well. However, I do feel differently about players who are current day steroid users. But, some fault ultimately lies with MLB for allowing it to continue for so long. Selig needs to retire, and take his cronies with him when he goes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congratulations to the St. Louis Caedinals : I too smiled in noticing the catchers in this series. Yadier Molina had a career year at the plate and Mike Napoli (for all the skipper in LA had to say) was the best hitter in baseball from July on.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Mike Napoli may have gotten the MVP if the Rangers won. I feel sorry for him tonight because he really did his best to help his team. Having said that, I also don't want to see another replay of the folded ankle. That was awful to see. I was amazed to see him in the game tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Freeze is 27 year old who's been around parts of three seasons, and had hit very well in those times. He's been saddled by a load of injuries.
    Those injuries have really kept him from progressing until now.
    Talk about clutch! Gotta hand it to him. He sure came though in a legendary way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Freeze is 27 year old who's been around parts of three seasons, and had hit very well in those times. He's been saddled by a load of injuries. Those injuries have really kept him from progressing until now. Talk about clutch! Gotta hand it to him. He sure came though in a legendary way.
    Posted by GhostofTito[/QUOTE]

Injuries or whatever, that guy is etched in stone in the history of the World Series. I thought it was so cool that the guy he replaced on the team brought his son, who says Freese is his favorite player, to meet Freese after Game 6, and "got all choked up about it". That must have been a beautiful moment. This could be a movie IMO. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

I couldn't be happier to see the Cardinals win tonight. 

It's not that I'm a Red Bird fan, but I just can't stand to see any team from Texas do well.

I am a transplant to Austin, TX by way of New Hampshire. I've lived here since 2007 and I have yet to hear a peep about the Rangers til last October. Then, all of a sudden, the streets were flooded with new hats and t shirts. They of course, lost last year and their bandwagon esque fan base went back into recluse status until this October. If you thought the Pink Hats are bad wait to you see the fans of the Dallas fan base. The Worst!  The blindly hate any team (especially all NE based teams) and their sports are not even that good! 

Baseball is like the 8th most popular sport in Texas behind Rodeo, Two Step and FFA.....but now everyone here have been fans since birth! Doubt it!

Congrats Cardinals, you showed grit and you denied an un-worthy fan base of bragging rights! 

For that, I thank you!

(P.S.) The pride of Exeter, New Hampshire pitched excellently tonight on 3 days rest! Take that Texas!   New England for life! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]I couldn't be happier to see the Cardinals win tonight.  It's not that I'm a Red Bird fan, but I just can't stand to see any team from Texas do well. I am a transplant to Austin, TX by way of New Hampshire. I've lived here since 2007 and I have yet to hear a peep about the Rangers til last October. Then, all of a sudden, the streets were flooded with new hats and t shirts. They of course, lost last year and their bandwagon esque fan base went back into recluse status until this October. If you thought the Pink Hats are bad wait to you see the fans of the Dallas fan base. The Worst!  The blindly hate any team (especially all NE based teams) and their sports are not even that good!  Baseball is like the 8th most popular sport in Texas behind Rodeo, Two Step and FFA.....but now everyone here have been fans since birth! Doubt it! Congrats Cardinals, you showed grit and you denied an un-worthy fan base of bragging rights!  For that, I thank you! (P.S.) The pride of Exeter, New Hampshire pitched excellently tonight on 3 days rest! Take that Texas!   New England for life! 
    Posted by stodknocker[/QUOTE]

Your post reminded me that Chris Carpenter did an awesome job as well. I didn't think he would on three days rest. I believe he was 4-0 in the playoffs. Great for him and congrats! If it weren't for Freese, he may have gotten MVP. JMO

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Now I get to go into work on Monday and taunt the Cubs' fans.

"I'm glad the Cardinals won.  Those fans in St. Louis have waited five long years for a World Series.  It's about time their suffering ended."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

This puts the Cardinals with 11 WS championships or 16 behind the NYY.     The Sox are at 7 WS championships.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

<hat tipped> Well earned 11th WS Crown.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

BTW what is a Caedinal?Surprised

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The Cardinals fans are very classy.  They showed that when we won there in 2004. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

[QUOTE]BTW what is a Caedinal?
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

the Lonely Mountain (Sindarin Erebor) is a mountain in the northeast of Rhovanion. It is also the source of the Celduin river.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

I love the Cards after what they did.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

I, too, was rooting for the Rangers. They're a good team and I thought they would win this year. However, not particularly caring about either team, I knew I wouldn't be disappointed if St. Louis won. After watching game 6, I was leaning more towards the Cards. It was hard not to cheer for them. Great game, Great series. It's not about the ratings....it's about the game. and that was just good, exciting baseball. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

A gritty performance by Carpenter, and a legendary one by Freese, who got his 1st IBB of 2011 in Game 7.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

As a lifelong Sox fan my hats off to the Cardinal players..They fought all the way from 10 games back to win it all..They've earned #11..Good job guys..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congratulations to the St. Louis Caedinals : the Lonely Mountain ( Sindarin Erebor ) is a mountain in the northeast of Rhovanion . It is also the source of the Celduin river.
    Posted by Rutland76[/QUOTE]
    And here it is in all its glory;

Sections
Shortcuts