Congratulations to the Yanks on Winning the Division

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Congratulations to the Yanks on Winning the Division

I have said this in other emails that as in the Marine Corps, I hated certain superior officers but I still respected them. I am about a 50%-50% hate level between the Yankees and, diff sport I know, Lakers.

But I respect the competence of the owners/managers to build always competitive teams albeit spend more money than anyone else and have many times made lucky gambles on acquisitions who were just average on other teams. 

Living in SF Bay area, although a Sox/Pats fan first, I like Giants & A's & 49ers too and hope A's knock off Yankees & maybe it'll come down to NY & SF Giants in world series. Sure wanted Yankees as a playoff team because it gave them another chance to lose & less rest going into playoffs if they won. Their pitching is questionable but they make up for it with no one easy out on offense. They may not be the murderers' row of Ruth & Gehrig or the Mantle, Maris, Yogi, Howard era etc. but their starting 9 and the acqusition of Ichiro makes them better offensively than any other 9 I think. They can make up for mediocre pitching and gving up 3-4 runs because their offense can bail them out. Hate to bring up old wounds but we had the lead in games 2 and 3 vs Yankees and Ibanez , lucky ??? dunno ??? gets a fat pitch down the middle by stupid Bailey with a 2 run lead in the 9th  3-1. Monday morning QB I know but i'd rather have kept 32 HR Reddick. Heck, I'd rather have had the 4 alumni now with the A's, Crisp, Reddick, Moss & Kottarus than some of the m inor league guys we had palying.  Oh well, season is mercifully over for Sox fans but I can now root for my 2nd loves, Giants & A's.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

Girardi showed some class.  Granderson hit two homers to bring him one behind Cabrera.  If he hit another one, he would have tied Cabrera for homers, and cost Cabrera the triple crown.  Girardi sat him, just in case.

A classy, inside baseball kind of move, since the game was no longer on the line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow, a congrats to the Yankees thread on a Red Sox board ! What a sad state of affairs.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Next thing we know, the U.S. will establish diplomatic ties with North Korea and Iran. lol

6. This post has been removed.