2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Congratulations

It's all because of the AFLAC duck.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I heard ARGO was fantastic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I'll add he plays an American hero in the film, Tony Mendez, who risks his life to bring Americans home under the worst of circumstances and does an amazing job at putting audiences in their shoes. While I admire Lincoln, and find his story incredibly brave and astonishing at that time, it wasn't a better movie. It seemed more like a series of stills to me. That's the directing. It's unreal that they probably removed Ben to give Spielberg more room to win. Hollywood always patting their pals on the back, and allowing very few outsiders in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL, Moon. Anyone notice there are waaaay more AFLAC commercials on now?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I heard ARGO was fantastic.

[/QUOTE]

Argo was fantastic. You were definitely on the edge of your seat. I took my niece to see it, and she knew more about the story than I did. True.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Kim, I agree with you that ARGO was a great movie.

I think we all know where Hollywood stands as far as their favoritism goes.

Personally, I think the movie Lincoln was incredibly boring.   My wife and I almost walked out of it.   The people sitting behind us were sleeping and snoring. Want to read an interesting Lincoln book?  try 'Killing Lincoln'.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Personally, I think the movie Lincoln was incredibly boring.   My wife and I almost walked out of it.   The people sitting behind us were sleeping and snoring. Want to read an interesting Lincoln book?  try 'Killing Lincoln'.

[/QUOTE]

I agree about it being boring the way it was protrayed. There's no doubt that it was incredibly brave at the time for Lincoln to take that stand, but the movie was not what I thought it would be. Speilberg has given us some amazing movies, I've even had a cat named Steven Speilberg who I just called Steve. True. But it does bother me that the masters will always be the masters in the academy's eyes. There's very little room for newcomers, even if those newcomers surpass the masters.

I even saw a report that said they knew he was the best director, but didn't want to acknowledge it, so he was left out. Probably would have created more controversy if he lost, as opposed to him not being up at all. Kinda clears the way. This year of movie directors shows the true colors of Hollywood. IMO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whose beak is broken right now, BTW...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

I think "Silver Linings Playbook" was the best movie.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Have to agree on Lincoln there. I enjoyed the Lincoln vampire hunter movie more.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

It's because Ben is a patriot. Hollywood has banned them!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Whats with all the removed posts lately, not just here, but on other threads too. Are the mods taking a more active role than before?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

two things - took my AP class to go see Argo..it was very good....but took serious liberty with the way events actually unfolded...highly entertaining and Ben did a great job capturing the feel of the period and Iran's Revolutionary Guards...

Lincoln I havent seen yet and I have heard folks say it was both awesome and tedious....I would probably like the detailed historical drama on the 13th amendment ratification but i also feel that lincon's evolution from a simple unionist to an emancipator wouldve been a much better movie...he is a greatest president because he realized the cost of this war and what it meant to our creed...this story of presidential growth and principle is needed now more than ever...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whats with all the removed posts lately, not just here, but on other threads too. Are the mods taking a more active role than before?

[/QUOTE]

BDC took the forums back from an outsourced company, pumpsie.  They have more control over them. So far, so good...once the ignore function returns;)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The mods should remove this thread as it is not about red sox baseball

[/QUOTE]

Neither are you

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BDC took the forums back from an outsourced company, pumpsie.  They have more control over them. So far, so good...once the ignore function returns;)

[/QUOTE]

Thanks. This is probably a good thing. Hopefully they are focusing in on some of the personal stuff that happens here. I am all for free speech, but when posters come in here and make it their mission to insult others a line has to be drawn.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

The mods should remove this thread as it is not about red sox baseball

[/QUOTE]

relax..i think the republic can survive this thread

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

relax..i think the republic can survive this thread

[/QUOTE]

Well, pikesaysthis is always up in arms when a thread is not about red sox baseball.

[/QUOTE]

Those who do not want to participate in this thread can easily opt out. Its not a big deal.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts