Congratulations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Congratulations

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

I am not this Pike. Never read anything that he posted. I have no opinion on him neither. My only opinion is that this thread is nonsense.

Please tell me there is not another one, Pike

What is the plural of Pike? Is it Pica? (look it up; its a medical term). I don't mind Pike being here as long as he discusses baseball. I am confounded by his use of multiple screen names. That is really unnecessary.

Pike and the Pikettes.

What are Mikey's called? You know, the ones who mimicked Beni until he was removed from the board. You know they were Mikey, right? The Mikettes?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

I heard ARGO was fantastic.

Argo was fantastic. You were definitely on the edge of your seat. I took my niece to see it, and she knew more about the story than I did. True.

Argo was great and having read many books about Lincoln, I did not have any interest in seeing the movie.

Argo was great. I hope the film wins best picture. I will go on the record as saying that foreign films, having their own category -- Best Foreign Film, and their own awards in their own countries kind of makes it a little silly to have them as nominees.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Whats with all the removed posts lately, not just here, but on other threads too. Are the mods taking a more active role than before?

BDC took the forums back from an outsourced company, pumpsie.  They have more control over them. So far, so good...once the ignore function returns;)

Thanks. This is probably a good thing. Hopefully they are focusing in on some of the personal stuff that happens here. I am all for free speech, but when posters come in here and make it their mission to insult others a line has to be drawn.

+1 

This was my major complaint here. I can handle being called names as I realize there will always be those kind of people in this world. What I had an issue with was the personal attacks that went on here. Seems like they are doing away with that, which makes for a much better experience. We can still banter back and forth and get our points across without acting like teenagers.

I would like them to post a list of the rules here, or if someone knows where I can read them that would be appreciated.

Just curious to why some posts that seemed innocent, got removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Whats with all the removed posts lately, not just here, but on other threads too. Are the mods taking a more active role than before?

BDC took the forums back from an outsourced company, pumpsie.  They have more control over them. So far, so good...once the ignore function returns;)

Thanks. This is probably a good thing. Hopefully they are focusing in on some of the personal stuff that happens here. I am all for free speech, but when posters come in here and make it their mission to insult others a line has to be drawn.

+1 

This was my major complaint here. I can handle being called names as I realize there will always be those kind of people in this world. What I had an issue with was the personal attacks that went on here. Seems like they are doing away with that, which makes for a much better experience. We can still banter back and forth and get our points across without acting like teenagers.

I would like them to post a list of the rules here, or if someone knows where I can read them that would be appreciated.

You mean like calling female posters "he/she/it"? Something like that?

As for the OP being removed, while it may not seem like a Sox post, Ben Affleck is known worldwide as a HUGE Sox fan. Further, he has made many movies based in Boston and about Boston. I don't think being happy for him winning a Golden Globe and Critics Choice award was soooo not something that belonged here. At least considering some of the threads that have been here that were completely about politics and other things that remained. Ben is like one of us IMO, and I'm happy for him. He deserves this.

Still don't know why Fever Pitch didn't get Oscar fanfare for Jimmy Fallon. Now that's a Sox movie! :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

+1 

Perhaps the pendulum has swung too much the other way. It's likely not even a person, but an automated "keyword catcher"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

Fever Pitch and Osacr is the same sentence from kimsaythis.

a true pinkhat moment.

Which you, of couse, missed the smile after. You're not about reading posts, you just about insulting Sox fans. Positive Sox fans or negative Sox fans, it's all the same to you, while you just cozy up to Yankee fans. I've never seen you insult Yankee fans here even though they seem to make up 50% or more of the posters - if we're talking about the off-season.

How is a person who comes as Triumph the Insult Comic Dog to just insult posters still on this board when so many posts are being removed? Is it your Dem Yankees connection, "BenCheringtom"?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

+1 

You mean like calling female posters "he/she/it"? Something like that?

As for the OP being removed, while it may not seem like a Sox post, Ben Affleck is known worldwide as a HUGE Sox fan. Further, he has made many movies based in Boston and about Boston. I don't think being happy for him winning a Golden Globe and Critics Choice award was soooo not something that belonged here. At least considering some of the threads that have been here that were completely about politics and other things that remained. Ben is like one of us IMO, and I'm happy for him. He deserves this.

Still don't know why Fever Pitch didn't get Oscar fanfare for Jimmy Fallon. Now that's a Sox movie! :)

No, actual manes. Like being called a racist which is a direct personal attack or just any other juvenile name thats uncalled for... I dont believe he/she/it really qualifys as a personal attack like the others mentioned..

Sections
Shortcuts