CONTRARIAN TRUTHS: CRAWSOME's a keeper +other BLUNT truths!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

CONTRARIAN TRUTHS: CRAWSOME's a keeper +other BLUNT truths!

look, hating on craw is totally easy but very unfair. the man has had injury issues. it happens but there's no doubt the man is a winner and keeper. this is the kind of guy you want on your team. he's truly giving all that he has. there's no reason to even be out there but he so wants to live up to his deal and please us fans. no beckett in him, the man truly cares and takes things very personally. i think it eats up at him when this team loses and he doesnt perform. i dont get the feelin he's counting his money or going thru the motions. he could still be paid by just hanging at home rehabbing and waiting to be 1000% rather than risking even more injury by playing and maximizing his effort out there. did anyone notice that gun he showed off in the yankee series when he threw the ball right on the fly to home plate getting ichiro to not even think about coming home? then did you see him shaking his clearly throbbing arm afterwards? you think an ells would even had bothered?

would jacoby the reverse pivot even with a big contract even be out there? of course not. there has to be no soreness or blister for him to consider playing. since his return, he's not even looking to stea, god forbid he hurts his shoulder. he's clearly protecting and saving himself rather than going full trottle and being the disrupter he should be. carl hits seventh (not crazy about it) and goes 3 for 5 with ANOTHER homer. the man has his homer swing going. even with him missing another long stretch due to rehab from yet another major surgery, i want us to hold a seat for this guy for when he's back he will go full throttle and give all that he has and not be coddling himself. his only regret is that he can not give more. if we had 25 carl crawfords, we are in first place with a bullet right now. the man still has his skills, just needs HEALTH.

we all crack on beckett but ells is one of the major issues on this team. give me lester and craw or an all-in team guy in gonzo anyday. i will take underperforming passionate guys anyday than going thru the motions indifferent selfish type. an ells brings everyone down just by his presence. i can sniff it from home, i'm sure that funk is overwhelming on the plane and clubhouse. i dont see him doing anything extra beyond his own narrow agenda to help this team or its chemistry issues. obviously BC must be increasingy aware of things, which is y he tried to deal both beck and ELLS to texas and elsewhere. just a matter of time. i dont see mr. reverse pivot walking thru those doors come spring training!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: CRAW's a keeper, ELLSBURY is the real weak link!

" there's no doubt the man is a winner and keeperf"

Hmm the other night I turned on the TV (during a game the Sox were to lose). Prince Fielder hit a double off the Monster. Crawford attempted to field it with his hand out of sheer laziness, dropped the ball, and then carelessly whipped it over the heads of the infield.

It didn't strike me as the kind of play a "winner" makes. 

Struck me as a play from a guy who cuts corners, though I do like Crawford. It may be he is just lost in the culture of this team, but he doesn't seem like a breakout leader type. 

Also, he needs Tommy John and I expect him to get it in the offseason and miss all of next season. Does that change your view at all? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brickbat. Show Brickbat's posts

He won't miss all of next season, as the recovery time for position players from Tommy John surgery is half that of pitchers. Let Crawford play. It's time to sell a few others (via the waiver wire), but let him play without the usual Boston pressures. I get that is counter-intuitive. Let him forget last year and come to 2013 knowing he's not permanently off the rails. This guy has shown he has tremendous talent. 2012 is a goner. Everything this team does now should be geared for 2013 and beyond - and salvaging Crawford from the wreckage of 2011 and 2012 is crucial.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: CRAW's a keeper, ELLSBURY is the real weak link!:
    [QUOTE]" there's no doubt the man is a winner and keeperf" Hmm the other night I turned on the TV (during a game the Sox were to lose). Prince Fielder hit a double off the Monster. Crawford attempted to field it with his hand out of sheer laziness, dropped the ball, and then carelessly whipped it over the heads of the infield. It didn't strike me as the kind of play a "winner" makes.  Struck me as a play from a guy who cuts corners, though I do like Crawford. It may be he is just lost in the culture of this team, but he doesn't seem like a breakout leader type.  Also, he needs Tommy John and I expect him to get it in the offseason and miss all of next season. Does that change your view at all? 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]
    NO. DID YOU ACTUALLY READ MY WORDS OF WISDOM SPANKEE? you're usually great at that kind of stuff. you know, get the facts then critique as you like.. this is fox news/msnbc analysis. you sound on this one as if you already had your talking point ready to go and just skipped by FACTS and details.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: CRAW's a keeper, ELLSBURY is the real weak link +other BLUNT realities!

give bv credit on bucking organizational orthodoxy on this one. he played craw for the NINTH straight time (no 4-game breaks). the man is getting back into his rays' heyday with THREE more hits and a steal. he's back to being a disrupter and is hitting a solid .284 and is on a pujols' like peak. i see the man finishig at .300+. whatever happen to this team, craw is the LEAST of our issues. you give him another shot next year after his surgery. keep him 2nd even against lefties. PADILLA has now peaked, cant wait for bailey to return as the eighth inning guy (at least initially.. ace may be best for that role). time to keep morales as a starter. he pitches as lester should be. he's a WINNER. cook to the bullpen!

would have no beef with a rotation next season of tazawa-morales-doubront-lester-buch and a bullpen featuring bard (resurging as of late) in the 8th, bailey as closer, ace in the 6th or 7th, miller and breslow as the nasty all-purpose lefties,with a mortenson, rich hill or padilla for fill-in duty.

Sections
Shortcuts