Cook is done

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Cook is done

He is was useful and the Sox probably got more out of him than expected but even Diasuke would be a better option at this point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Cook is done

He's better than Beckett and Lester.

I personally hope to never see Dice-K pitch in a Red Sox uni ever again.

Lackey too, but that won't happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Cook is done:
    [QUOTE]He is was useful and the Sox probably got more out of him than expected but even Diasuke would be a better option at this point.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

You're kidding right? 
    5IP, 3H 2ER, 3BB, 1K

And an ERA of 4.58. That's a lot better than Beckett and Lester.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

They could've always picked up Derek Lowe for league minimum. Actually, 2 months of league minimum.

But who needs him when they have 3 inning Cook? Lowe apparently liked to drink, and if you're going to do that, keep it in the clubhouse!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to Re: Cook is done:
    [QUOTE]He's better than Beckett and Lester. I personally hope to never see Dice-K pitch in a Red Sox uni ever again. Lackey too, but that won't happen.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]
    Lester ERA is less then 3.50 this month. I would have to say that Cook did much worse tonight than Beckett did last night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In Response to Cook is done:
    [QUOTE]He is was useful and the Sox probably got more out of him than expected but even Diasuke would be a better option at this point.

Being from Colorado, it is same ole, same ole for Cookie. A good spot starter for a few inings and that is all. Boy as much as Schill is disliked here, he called the shot on BV. The sad thing is that BV has a reputation that preceded him and he lived up to it. Look, Bucky has done miracles with Orioles. He also has had some acerbic things to say in the past, but now he has a bunch of young guys who bought in.
     The hunt for manager is going to be tough, because come spring the RS will be another good team on"paper". The FO will be making the most important decision of their tenure when they find a manager. Oh, how I wish it were Farrell, but I am in fairy land thinking about that.We simply are sliding into 25 players, 25 cabs of way bygone years. The only thing that can be done is clean house from Ben all the way down to bench coach and keep on nurturing the good young talent they have.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Where's Bill-806 anyway? Wasn't he saying in June that Cook would save the rotation?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cook is done : Lester ERA is less then 3.50 this month. I would have to say that Cook did much worse tonight than Beckett did last night.

14 days into the month with a 3.50 ERA doesn't really excuse his 5.5-6.0 era the rest of the season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

If they get a manager..it will be some nobody..you watch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Cook is done : Being from Colorado, it is same ole, same ole for Cookie. A good spot starter for a few inings and that is all. Boy as much as Schill is disliked here, he called the shot on BV. The sad thing is that BV has a reputation that preceded him and he lived up to it. Look, Bucky has done miracles with Orioles. He also has had some acerbic things to say in the past, but now he has a bunch of young guys who bought in.  The hunt for manager is going to be tough, because come spring the RS will be another good team on"paper". The FO will be making the most important decision of their tenure when they find a manager. Oh, how I wish it were Farrell, but I am in fairy land thinking about that.We simply are sliding into 25 players, 25 cabs of way bygone years. The only thing that can be done is clean house from Ben all the way down to bench coach and keep on nurturing the good young talent they have.
    Posted by boboinfla[/QUOTE]I stopped listening to anything Schilling had to say during the 2004 presidential campaign. I'll always be grateful to him for 2004, but I honestly believe the guy's a maroon. A maroon with the heart of a warrior, but a maroon nonetheless.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Cook's " pitch to contact " style will always catch up to him. It works as long as the balls are hit right at the fielders.  Much better off with a pitcher who can get a swing and a miss. Cook is not , and never will be,  the answer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cook is done : 14 days into the month with a 3.50 ERA doesn't really excuse his 5.5-6.0 era the rest of the season.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]No it doesn't. But he does seem to be figuring it out, which is encouraging. Sunday he was really busting guys with his curveball, maybe he was watching Clay's last outing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

[QUOTE]If they get a manager..it will be some nobody..you watch.
    Posted by Iceman4[/QUOTE]

Ice: In all faireness, it is possible to get a longtime coach who may be a nobody but the record on BV is that he was a never was. He has had lots of help messing up this team. I also doubt if he will get a big time job in the booth unless it it is "not here". Ownership Has to share in this mess. The cash cow will not be there and just possiblly the "sold out" phantom stat will finally go away. Ace ticket will be in a strong position, but I am just speculating on this portion, but totally believe that the trouble runs deep. They will never go broke, but reallly need to spend wisely. Who would ever of thunk that Duquette would ever resurface at this level?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cook is done : Lester ERA is less then 3.50 this month. I would have to say that Cook did much worse tonight than Beckett did last night.

Beckett gave up 6 ER in 5 1/3 IP vs. 2 ER in 5 IP.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Cook is done": [QUOTE]Where's Bill-806 anyway? Wasn't he saying in June that Cook would save the rotation? Posted by carnie[/QUOTE] As dad would say, "Son, you gotta be careful what you predict, because you might have to run and hide from men in black suits and white ties when it's all over."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Cook is done": [QUOTE]In Response to Cook is done : You're kidding right?  5IP, 3H 2ER, 3BB, 1K And an ERA of 4.58. That's a lot better than Beckett and Lester. Posted by ADG[/QUOTE] ***** the unearned runs were also his fault because of the throwing error.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]They could've always picked up Derek Lowe for league minimum. Actually, 2 months of league minimum. But who needs him when they have 3 inning Cook? Lowe apparently liked to drink, and if you're going to do that, keep it in the clubhouse!
    Posted by Motown9009[/QUOTE]

Who cares who they pick up right now? The problems this team has run much deeper than picking up a player or two. I could not care less who they pick up. Who they get rid of is much more important.

Sections
Shortcuts