cordero??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

cordero??

what to do with cordero?  eight appearances,  shut out innings.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: cordero??

In response to charliedarling's comment:

Andrew Miller (ERA: 10.38) to the DL. Keep Cordero.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Make it 9.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to charliedarling's comment:

Andrew Miller (ERA: 10.38) to the DL. Keep Cordero.

Breslow won't be ready in time, they even shuffled his appearances to the MiL camp in order to post date his DL trip.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

I'll wait and see till the regular season on Miller, never been a big Fan of his because of his inconsistency.
    Maybe he's working on things in the Spring because of his injury. Sometimes Pitchers have bad Springs, and turn on the switch in regualr season. Can only hope.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Does Cordero have an opt-out clause if he does not make the team?

If so, I'd like to see him kept around if possible. Farrell's recent comments about wanting a multi-inning reliever would seem to indicate that Workman has the inside track for a roster spot, but Workman can be optioned.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

If so, I'd like to see him kept around if possible. Farrell's recent comments about wanting a multi-inning reliever would seem to indicate that Workman has the inside track for a roster spot, but Workman can be optioned.

I think Capuano is another option for the multi inning reliever. I would like to see Workman at AAA ball as a SP. Cordero, its been rumored, has some sort of verbal agreement that if he doesn't make the team he will be released rather than sent down.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

hope they can hold on to him....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I think Capuano is another option for the multi inning reliever. I would like to see Workman at AAA ball as a SP. Cordero, its been rumored, has some sort of verbal agreement that if he doesn't make the team he will be released rather than sent down.

Thanks, Pumpsie...that's what I thought.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If he pitches nine scoreless innings and does not make the team, what in the world was the point of signing him?  What were they expecting? If it was a tryout; it would seem that he passed it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

But I thought Cordero was just a washed up bum...and he was a high risk low payoff kind guy who would just eat away innings of all the developing rookies even if he was in AAA.   A horrible horrible depth signing.

Granted it is spring training, so perhaps it's not time to shove crow down the Cordero haters throats just yet. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

But I thought Cordero was just a washed up bum...and he was a high risk low payoff kind guy who would just eat away innings of all the developing rookies even if he was in AAA.   A horrible horrible depth signing.

Granted it is spring training, so perhaps it's not time to shove crow down the Cordero haters throats just yet. 

who knows how he will perform....but they will have to make a decision on him either way...do they keep or not?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

If he pitches nine scoreless innings and does not make the team, what in the world was the point of signing him?  What were they expecting? If it was a tryout; it would seem that he passed it.

Exactly, they are not going send him down, another team pick him up in a second.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Sounds like he will not make the team and is deciding whether or not to accept an assignment to Triple-A...

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2014/03/28/francisco-cordero-mulling-possibility-of-minor-league-assignment-with-red-sox/

Francisco Cordero mulling possibility of minor league assignment with Red Sox 03.28.14 at 10:35 am ET By Alex Speier   2     

FORT MYERS, Fla. — Right-hander Francisco Cordero, who signed a minor league deal with the Red Sox after sitting out the 2013 season, said that he is currently considering the Red Sox’ offer of a bullpen spot in Triple-A Pawtucket after being informed that he will not make the big league team out of spring training. The 38-year-old threw eight scoreless innings in camp, allowing five hits while striking out eight and walking one. Cordero said that he’s trying to connect with his agent, Fernando Cuza, to decide whether to accept the Sox’ offer or whether other major league opportunities might exist for him.

“I’m just waiting. They told me that if I wanted to, there’s a spot open in Triple-A if I want to go. Like I said, I told them I’ve got to think about it,” said Cordero. “I’ll talk to my agent. Once I talk to my agent, we’ll talk and get on the same page and we’ll decide what we’re going to do. I’ve just got to wait until he calls me and we talk.”

Though he did not make the team, Cordero expressed satisfaction with his decision to pursue another shot at the big leagues. The 14-year big league veteran, who has 329 career saves, said that he has been pleased with how he’s thrown after using his time away from the game to shed considerable weight — something meant to permit him to be healthy both for a shot at pitching but also to enjoy life once he does walk away from the game.

“You want to be healthy. You want to be able to enjoy life when you finish. You have a good career, you make good money, you want to be able to enjoy life with your family, kids and grandkids and you can talk about what you did. What I did [to get healthy], I did it because I wanted to come back and I did it for my health,” said Cordero. “Unfortunately, things didn’t go the way I was expecting or the way I wanted them to go. I didn’t make the team here, but like I said, I’m pretty happy and I really appreciate Boston for giving me the opportunity to come back in spring training and do what I love,” said Cordero. “I  showed myself that I can still pitch and still get people out. I’m pretty happy with what I did after being off for a year without pitching last year, to come back in spring training and pitch the way I pitched, throwing strikes and getting people out, I’m happy with what I did. It was real tight here, tight being in this spot here and they have a good bullpen setup.

“[But] I think I showed some teams that I can still get people out, that I’ve got my pitches working and that I’m healthy. I’m in better shape than I was back in 2012. It was good for me to come here, work and show people that I can still get people out. Now we’ll maybe just see what’s going on after this. We’ll see what’s going on, what happens.”

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Ha...I was thinking the same thing.

Even if it is only ST, the idea that it was a complete waste of time for the Sox to even give him a try-out (which is what a couple of people were claiming) has already been disproven.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Ha...I was thinking the same thing.

Even if it is only ST, the idea that it was a complete waste of time for the Sox to even give him a try-out (which is what a couple of people were claiming) has already been disproven.

Exactly, and what if a few guys went down in spring training? all of a sudden it looks brilliant to have Cordero here performing well in spring training.  The Sox might very well have the best bullpen this year with all the depth and potential depth they have. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Cordero earned a spot in the bullpen, just as Sizemore earned the starting CF position. I am not sure which of the pitchers in our projected bullpen still has options (?Miller, in particular), but some of those guys didn't exactly tear it up this spring. I would rather keep Cordero in the pen and send someone else down (or DL them) until such time as Cordero proves he cannot do the job. He is unlikely going to accept a minor league deal IMO; he will find work elsewhere. If that happens we have lost a bit of depth in our bullpen.

Sections
Shortcuts