Corey Hart?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Corey Hart?

The Sox are now linked to Corey Hart. I said before the season was over that Hart is the perfect 1yr make good deal. maybe even an option for a 2nd year. He can play a corner OF if needed, but with his recent knee issues, he seems better suited for 1b duties. He would be a perfect piece as he can be shifted to the OF for NL parks, allowing Papi to go to 1b. Something we didnt have with Naps. Hes a big power bat from the right side. If his knees are Ok, he could be another steal for a year like Drew and Beltre were.

http://www.overthemonster.com/2013/11/19/5123112/corey-hart-free-agency-red-sox-have-contacted-outfielders-agent

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from practial. Show practial's posts

Re: Corey Hart?

I like this idea

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He will be officially cleared in December when he visits his doctor. Hart says hes fully healthy though. He will be 32 to start the 2014 season and doesnt have a ring. With Colorado, Milw. and TB also interested, Boston gives him the best chance for this and also can give him a nice paycheck for a year. It makes too much sense IMHO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Not many games played at 1st. Still learning position. I like your idea though, No QO, and a guy trying to make a comeback, where Fenway could help him.
    Versatile too, that what more teams should look at.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Not many games played at 1st. Still learning position.

Naps had less games there and looked pretty good.. Hart has 102 games at 1b and an .836OPS with 19HR. Thats pretty good production for a smaller SS. He also has a good Flg% there too. Being 6'6, he could make a good 1b. Hes always been a good defender and I would have no issue with him there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Sorry I edited my response, I like your idea. This is suppose to be a very deep Draft, dont want to lose any pick, and hope we get 3 more for our Free Agents.(if we dont sign them) 4 picks in this Draft would be nice, in top 45 Picks.

Hope we go for all Free Agents that dont have QO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I like the idea.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

I like Corey Hart, but I'm not sure I want him if mike napoli can be had for 2 to 3 years at 13 to 14mil per year. His career obp is 20 points higher then Hart's. He also lead the league in pitches seen per at bat last year which meshes so well with the red sox offensive strategy. That being said if the sox pick up hart I will be a ok with it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Napoli is a better option than Hart.  Hart is a better option than Morneau.  Morneau is a better option than Morales...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

That said, somehow I think the Sox wind up signing Mark Reynolds or Jeff Baker...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Hart costs us quite a bit defensively but he might well have more dingers than Napoli. It all comes down to cost. Call me crazy but I think Ortiz wasn't all that bad defensively at 1st and we might even consider some guys like Hart or Beltran who could DH some. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

The Sox are now linked to Corey Hart. I said before the season was over that Hart is the perfect 1yr make good deal. maybe even an option for a 2nd year. He can play a corner OF if needed, but with his recent knee issues, he seems better suited for 1b duties. He would be a perfect piece as he can be shifted to the OF for NL parks, allowing Papi to go to 1b. Something we didnt have with Naps. Hes a big power bat from the right side. If his knees are Ok, he could be another steal for a year like Drew and Beltre were.

http://www.overthemonster.com/2013/11/19/5123112/corey-hart-free-agency-red-sox-have-contacted-outfielders-agent

Sounds good to me.  Just as long as he doesn't wear his sunglesses at night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

Hart costs us quite a bit defensively but he might well have more dingers than Napoli. It all comes down to cost. Call me crazy but I think Ortiz wasn't all that bad defensively at 1st and we might even consider some guys like Hart or Beltran who could DH some. 

I don't know.  I don't really like the idea of putting Ortiz in at first more than interleague forces the Sox to.  I mean, is it really a good idea to increase his playing time in the field suddenly, at his age?  I think Hart is a good option, if the Sox can get him for a short time trial deal.  So I guess I am just chiming in to say me too.  But oh well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

HAHA!!!!  Beat me to the punch......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Hart/Carp/Nava 1B/OF platoon.  Dang.. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

+1. nice one sheriff

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to HankukSox's comment:

I don't know.  I don't really like the idea of putting Ortiz in at first more than interleague forces the Sox to.  I mean, is it really a good idea to increase his playing time in the field suddenly, at his age?  I think Hart is a good option, if the Sox can get him for a short time trial deal.  So I guess I am just chiming in to say me too.  But oh well.

No, your right, its not smart at all. Papi was very sore after playing in SF. Papi has a good chance of repeating, or coming close to this years numbers again. If he does, you can give him 1yr 14M deals going forward ala Wakefield, only more expensive.

Contrary to some peoples belief, Hart looked good in his 103 games played at 1b. A couple of errors in the beginning, but Improved very quickly after that. There would be no, or little drop off in defense between him and Naps.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i see the nighttime eyewear has already been discussed....nothing more to say here.

carry on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

I like Corey Hart, but I'm not sure I want him if mike napoli can be had for 2 to 3 years at 13 to 14mil per year. His career obp is 20 points higher then Hart's. He also lead the league in pitches seen per at bat last year which meshes so well with the red sox offensive strategy. That being said if the sox pick up hart I will be a ok with it.

I still prefer Napoli as well, but Hart would be a very solid fall-back option. His health obviously would be a concern until he proves he's fully healthy, but with Nava and Carp also on board we would have enough in-house options for 1B in 2014. And like those guys, Hart would come with some positional flexibility as well. I like it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

"Also from Rosiak, Hart says that a winning team would be nice, but he's a family man first and will do what he feels is best for them.  As MLB.com's Adam McCalvy points out in his transcript of Hart's interview, Harts and his family live in Arizona, which could factor into his decision.  McCalvy notes that of the four teams mentioned by Hart, the Rockies and Brewers both have Spring Training facilities in the Phoenix area.  The Spring Training facilities for Tampa Bay and Boston are each in Florida."

But if he is a family man first, why the world he keep playing for milwaukee instead he signed a contract extension.   Plus he was on the trade rumors for last two to three years, and I have never seen him telling the club to make sure he goes to the west coast teams. 

Well, I think he does have the power, and will not have problem hitting at Fenway Park.  But does he have the strength to play defense, and also he could be a perfect replacement for the DH spot once Papi moves on.   

I think Ben C. should give him two years contract (2nd year can be a buyout base on his health).  And then Ben C would save alot of money by avoiding to sign Napoli and use that to resign Ellsbury!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That said, somehow I think the Sox wind up signing Mark Reynolds or Jeff Baker...

i

I think too many posters are having a (Hart on ) about this guy !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to HankukSox's comment:

No, your right, its not smart at all. Papi was very sore after playing in SF. Papi has a good chance of repeating, or coming close to this years numbers again. If he does, you can give him 1yr 14M deals going forward ala Wakefield, only more expensive.

Contrary to some peoples belief, Hart looked good in his 103 games played at 1b. A couple of errors in the beginning, but Improved very quickly after that. There would be no, or little drop off in defense between him and Naps.

I agree that Hart could be a good option for the Sox, Southpaw...Outside of the stats, he has the kind of make up that the Sox Front office looks for as well.  You have to like the fact that he said he would give Milwaukee a home town discount since he felt he didn't earn his last contract.  That obviously tells you a little bit about his character.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

I think both Hart and Carp represent a risk if they were going to be relied upon alone to fill this role.  Both of them together as a platoon should mitigate that risk and the lions share of the at bats can go to the player who wins the job.  This would also build in a bit of insurance in case of injury to Big Papi as he will be 39 next season and is one year removed from a very serious achillies injury.  This move would net us a power bat who would likely sign for a shorter term contract and would net us another draft pick if Napoli signs someplace else.  The final advantage is that if Hart has a good season, we could offer him a QO and possibly get another pick for him if we give him a one year pillow contract.

To me this makes a whole heck of a lot of sense for the Sox on all these fronts.  We would not be sacraficing production while building for the future.  I loved Napoli, but players with his K rate and amount of missed contact along with his chronic hip injury do not age well.  I wanted to get a way for Carp to have more at bats to prove that last year wasn't a fluke and this would be a low risk way of getting that accomplished.  I love this move and I hope it gets done soon.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

As others have said...I would take Napps over Hart but should he move on to a different team then Hart would be a great low risk high reward option like Napps was this year for us.

Sections
Shortcuts