Cosmic Vibrations - Bad

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Cosmic Vibrations - Bad

I am an eternal optimist and am perhaps annoyingly positive here on our esteemed board.  So, in the interest of giving equal press to my darker thoughts: last night, I felt a ripple in the cosmic vibrations.  I felt something akin to a death knell.  Sure, I know many of you who enjoy indulging the negative had come to this conclusion in March or April.  But my baseball memory, chock full of surges and surprising turn-arounds, would not let me write this club off.  But, I can not ignore cosmic signals.  The timing, the importance of last nights game, and the way in which we lost it - my third eye is open and ready to accept the inevitable suffering and death of the 2014 Red Sox.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Re: Cosmic Vibrations - Bad

I said after Sundays game the Sox had to go 7-3 before Deadline and they are still in it. Since then they are 1-2, the door is almost shut. With Baltimore playing the Wildcards head to head, this was their chance. Still a crack of an opening.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

I am an eternal optimist and am perhaps annoyingly positive here on our esteemed board.  So, in the interest of giving equal press to my darker thoughts: last night, I felt a ripple in the cosmic vibrations.  I felt something akin to a death knell.  Sure, I know many of you who enjoy indulging the negative had come to this conclusion in March or April.  But my baseball memory, chock full of surges and surprising turn-arounds, would not let me write this club off.  But, I can not ignore cosmic signals.  The timing, the importance of last nights game, and the way in which we lost it - my third eye is open and ready to accept the inevitable suffering and death of the 2014 Red Sox.

Yup.

It seems that when the Sox get good pitching, they don't score.

They get an early lead and the pitching coughs up runs.

They are wearing me down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

a .500 team in a pretty weak division....hard to believe after last year

As always - 100% correct!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

we've all been there space.  and that's why the rest of us optimists can help talk you off the ledge. 

Was it over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor????

16-oct-2004 - have we ever been lower than that>??

other names i have posted under:  none

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

we've all been there space.  and that's why the rest of us optimists can help talk you off the ledge. 

Was it over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor????

16-oct-2004 - have we ever been lower than that>??

other names i have posted under:  none

[object HTMLDivElement]

First off, your history is all mixed up.  it was the Yankees that bombed Pearl Harbor.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I was just about to use the term "death knell" on another thread.

That pretty much sums up the last couple of days.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

You said it 4Bs, they are wearing me down too.  I am emotionally drained rooting for this team.  Just when you start to gain some confidence in them again after they win 8 of 9, they lose that spark again.

This season has certainly tested my hope and optimism, but I just can't give up on them.   Go Sox!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

You said it 4Bs, they are wearing me down too.  I am emotionally drained rooting for this team.  Just when you start to gain some confidence in them again after they win 8 of 9, they lose that spark again.

This season has certainly tested my hope and optimism, but I just can't give up on them.   Go Sox!

Success from here on out (and for some time on out, actually) should not be measured by wins. In point of fact, losses are more valuable to the franchise than wins right now. Success should be measured by how many loser bums we get rid of and who we get in return who might help us in the upcoming years. To hold on to some absurd hope that we might miraculously make the playoffs is illogical at best. Its not going to happen and everyone here knows it.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

a .500 team in a pretty weak division....hard to believe after last year

As always - 100% correct!

Actually, last year was hard to believe. Nothing about this year is hard to believe; a bad team in last place.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:

Texas traded Soria to Detroit.... Twins trade Kendry to the Mariners.... meanwhile we hold onto our roster and refuse to move anyone.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Aren't those trades like less than 24 hours old?  Are you saying we refused to move anyone today?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

There's nothing wrong with holding out hope and being realistic and forward-thinking at the same time.  I hope something good happens to the RS today.  I hope they win, or make a good trade, or sign Lester.  I can hold out hope while simultaneously acknowledging the chances are slim.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to bugmenot2's comment:

Poor Joe is defending the fort against a thousand injuns with a musket and a sling shot.

[object HTMLDivElement]

I would trade all of the non-2015 guys, but I have trouble with the comment.

1-I'll accept differing POVs, but I don't know that we were out of it two games ago.  We need to act but we don't get bonus points for acting quicker.

2-The comp to Morales is way overboard given that the trade is literally a few hours old.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Good! So it's done.

Well, as a good Irish Catholic from Allston - Brighton, I've been practicing how to throw one hell of a wake all my life.

;)  Party on lads, we just might wake this bisch up?

Sections
Shortcuts