Could Brian Wilson Help with some of the Sox bullpen problems.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Could Brian Wilson Help with some of the Sox bullpen problems.

The bearded one is reported throwing again, He held a bullpen session at the univesity of san fran. It was said that he looks to be "game ready", topping out at 94MPH with good movement on his cutter.If we can get wilson it should be on the relative cheap, probably a minimum salary with a bunch of incentives. Give wilson a look at closer and return koji(even though he's done a wonderful job as the closer) to his more customary 8th inning role. By the way, I think Wilson Would fit in perfect with that Jet black beard of his. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Re: Could Brian Wilson Help with some of the Sox bullpen problems.

i would be all for it, he would definitely be worth a shot. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I was just thinking about this...nice work OP. I believe he is a native New Englander - so he's got that going for him. Intense, "idiotic" ... he would fit right in the club house. I would also believe that he would come cheap on a one year deal. If Cherry was sniffing in the retread pile for middle relief (Lyons, Contreras) then you know he has his nose in this too. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Be a smart move to check him out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

I was just thinking about this...nice work OP. I believe he is a native New Englander - so he's got that going for him. Intense, "idiotic" ... he would fit right in the club house. I would also believe that he would come cheap on a one year deal. If Cherry was sniffing in the retread pile for middle relief (Lyons, Contreras) then you know he has his nose in this too. 

I also agree that it would be worth considering signing him. The Red Sox wouldn't be losing anything if it doesn't work out.   Yes, he is from the New England area and is a big Celtics fan. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im willing to bet that BC has his eye on him.

I agree that a minimum deal with incentives is the way to go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I'm trying to think of a reason why either party wouldn't jump at this chance, and I can't come up with one.

The Sox get a chance to kick the tires on someone who's proven he can get it done in the past, and they can do it cheaply.

Wilson gets a chance to come back to New England and close for a contender while proving that he can get the job done and boost his value for next year.

What's the downside?

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

The only downside is it might cost more than a one year deal with incentives. There are a lot of teams that would be interested. SF is the obvious one. Texas, Detroit, and LAD could all also be interested. I would have to think SF/BOS/TEX would be the front runners if he is healthy enough to garner an offer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Why not

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

By the time he is ready and doing rehab assignments in the minors, you would not see him until the end of August at the earliest. We need help before that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I wonder if Wilson would be willing to do a one year deal to help him build his value back up.  1/10 or something.  

I love the idea of taking a look at him, but this guy hasn't thrown 1 inning this year so it's no gurantee he could be effective by years end.  

However it's the kinda chance I'd like to take rather than blow up the farm. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I wonder if Wilson would be willing to do a one year deal to help him build his value back up.  1/10 or something.  

I love the idea of taking a look at him, but this guy hasn't thrown 1 inning this year so it's no gurantee he could be effective by years end.  

10 what? You can't really mean 10 million dollars can you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Couldn't hurt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

10 what? You can't really mean 10 million dollars can you?

[/QUOTE]

Yes.....otherwise you don't sign him.  So then you can go overpay in prospects for bullpen help....or maintain the status quo? What would you do?>

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

I seriously doubt he gets $10m.  I also equally doubt he gets the vet min if he looks MLB ready or close to it.  The answer might be 1 year plus option that vests based on innings pitched or something like that.  Big bonuses for time on 25 man roster, etc.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

You have to offer him more if you want to entice him to accept a one year deal.  FWIW I was thinking of the Ryan Madson deal as precedent which I thought was 10 million; it was actually 6 million.  So whatever offer him 2-3 million with incentives to make 6-8 for one year.  Let him build up his value and you get a reliever for a year or a year and half.  I don't really want to push this idea.....it was just a thought for the sake of conversation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

By the time he is ready and doing rehab assignments in the minors, you would not see him until the end of August at the earliest. We need help before that.

on mlbtr it was reported that those who saw him throw recently believe he is major league ready. even if he did go on a rehab assignment, given the fact the he is a reliever, he would not be down for long. just think if we trade for crain and sign wilson, our pen could end up being solid down the stretch. wilson we could get for just money. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Luke Hochevar may be the guy we are going after....I can learn to live with some Hochevar in my life.