Could Cuddyer Be Back in Play?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaGolfer. Show TampaGolfer's posts

Could Cuddyer Be Back in Play?

With the Twins signing Willingham to a 3 yr deal, the twinkees have no more use for Cuddyer.  Maybe in the overall scheme of things the Sox had a clue this would happen and they have been saving for a good, solid starting RF.

It has already been stated that he would be a good fit here, so what do we think?

Just my thoughts!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: Could Cuddyer Be Back in Play?

I think he's going to the Rockies.  We need to use our resources for pitching.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Or Reds and Mariners!!

Rockies is more likely going to give similar contract that the Twins gave to Willingham.  

Forget him!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

To me this is a no brainer, Cuddyer could fill multiple roles for Sox. A RH bat to help balance line-up who can play RF, 1B or 3B, DH. With teams carrying 12 and 13 pitchers his versatility would be a big plus. IMO in any other year where pay-roll wasn't a factor he would have been signed by now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Cody Ross please.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedStain. Show TheRedStain's posts

The Red Sox had no interest in bidding on either Cuddyer or Darvish.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Cuddyer could fill multiple roles for Sox...his versatility would be a big plus. 

I don't consider playing 5 positions poorly "versatile".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Its possible.  I could definately see the Sox getting Cuddyer now that the price is dropping.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Could Cuddyer Be Back in Play?:
    [QUOTE]Its possible.  I could definately see the Sox getting Cuddyer now that the price is dropping.  
    Posted

The price is more likely going to drop more in the month of January!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Cuddyer is NOT back in play.

If there is any free agent who is "back in play," it's probably Madson.  There are so few teams left looking for closers, his demands may have no choice but to come down to a reasonble level.

Cuddyer, on the other hand, is drawing interest from multiple teams as it is, and turned down a 3 yr / $27mill deal from the Twins, ironically forcing them to sign a better player for less money...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Notin...that's Madsen and even the faithful in Philly cringed when he walked to the mound.

Do y'all read much?

Rockies are almost signing Cuddyer. Give him a rest, not going to happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Hope not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]turned down a 3 yr / $27mill deal from the Twins, ironically forcing them to sign a better player for less money...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Actually, he turned down 3/24 from the Twins, and has not yet accepted Colorado's 3/27 offer.  Col says they arent increasing it, and Cuddyer doesnt seem to be in a hurry to sign.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Notin...that's Madsen and even the faithful in Philly cringed when he walked to the mound. Do y'all read much? Rockies are almost signing Cuddyer. Give him a rest, not going to happen.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

The Philly faithful might have been scared of Madson, but these people also booed Santa Claus.  Also, I heard they ate the Easter Bunny.

But that is immaterial.  The Sox have still been linked to Madsen recently, an no one else really has.  The Sox apparently do have have some interest, regardless of how the bunny eaters in the city of brotherly love feel.  It's not enough interest to meet Madson's demands, but presumably enough to keep him in play.

And on the bright side, at least it isn't Lidge...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wadeandrson. Show wadeandrson's posts

I agree Tampa smallballer, I'm starting to get this feeling like the Sox have told Cuddyer to stick tight so they still have leverage to trade Reddick for Bailey. Cuddyer loves Fenway and it doesn't make sense how long he's taking to make his decision. Willingham signing with Minny leads me to believe they have been informed that Cuddyer is moving on. We heard nothing of Punto & the trade for Melancon until they were totaly complete, makes you wonder if the same thing is goin on with Cuddyer. Great post & hit em well!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wadeandrson. Show wadeandrson's posts

Not to mention that our lineup would be more balanced and stacked! Great clubhouse guy. Lot of time in right esp against lefties & also backs up Gonzo and Youk in case of injury to either, He makes a ton of sense for the sox on many levels. I for one hope you are dead on....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...Cuddyer loves Fenway..

He loves any place that will pay him $27M/3. I just hope it's not here.

BTW, he has 82 career PAs in Fenway and a .737 OPS here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Cuddyer Be Back in Play? : Actually, he turned down 3/24 from the Twins, and has not yet accepted Colorado's 3/27 offer.  Col says they arent increasing it, and Cuddyer doesnt seem to be in a hurry to sign.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

But the Twins stated that they have not pull the offer from the table yet. Meaning Cuddyer still have the offer from the Twins and the Rockies.  The Twins's GM right now is trying to persuade the owner to see if he is willing to let the payroll to go over 100 million dollars. 

Yes you re right that he is taking his time, and hoping that he will find a better deal that the pay will be more than the Rockies offer him.  

But the longer he wait, it is possible that he lose all the offers.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I read somewhere that Sox didn't offer him any sort of contract yet.  Does this mean Sox will go all-in on Yoennis once he declares his free-agency?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

From MLBTraderumors.com:

The Rockies have agreed to sign Michael Cuddyer to a three-year, $31.5MM deal, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com (Twitter links). Troy Renck of the Denver Post reported growing momentum toward a deal last night. Casey Close of Excel Sports Management represents Cuddyer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

3 and 31.5 for cuddyer...lol  For them apples Ross is much more appealing. Can we get him for 2 and 12m?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

If Ross can be had on the cheap, Lucchino will give a thumbs up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

The Rockies have agreed to sign Michael Cuddyer to a three-year, $31.5MM deal

ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 31.5 million for Cuddyer! What a joke, only topped by Crawford and the 10 million for Ellsbury...................................... 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]The Rockies have agreed to sign Michael Cuddyer to a three-year, $31.5MM deal ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 31.5 million for Cuddyer! What a joke, only topped by Crawford and the 10 million for Ellsbury...................................... 
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

So, you're saying the Cuddyer deal is worse than the Werth, Dunn, Lackey, etc... deals?

(Since you imply that it is only the second worst deal.)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]   To me this is a no brainer, Cuddyer could fill multiple roles for Sox. A RH bat to help balance line-up who can play RF, 1B or 3B, DH. With teams carrying 12 and 13 pitchers his versatility would be a big plus. IMO in any other year where pay-roll wasn't a factor he would have been signed by now.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

He's less versatile than advertised, and for more reasons than just bad fielding.

Apparently Cuddyer would not be a good option for 3B or LF anyway.  I didn't know this about him until recently, but apparently he is deaf in his left ear, and does not like playing on the left side of the diamond (3B, LF) because he cannot hear other fielders calling him off...

Sections
Shortcuts