Could Elvis Andrus be a possibility at SS??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Could Elvis Andrus be a possibility at SS??

Word on the street is that the rangers are looking to move a middle infielder,an Kinsler or Elvis Andrus to open up a spot for Jurickson Profar. The sox could probably make a good offer to texas for andrus without totally depleting the farm...Now before you go talking about Andrus's 9 years and 126 million remaining on his deal think of this... The sox are presumably ready to offer ellsbury somewhere in the neighorhood of 110-120 million dollars, but i think we all know it only takes one team to go hog wild and outbid the red sox and ellsbury would be gone (Mets,Mariners,Phillies, and yankees are all possibilities) If ellsbury bolts to one of those teams why not bring on a player who bring pretty much the same things in terms of speed and leadoff ability Along with being able to play a pretty darn good SS for pretty much the same exact money you where willing to spend anyways. Andrus along with boggy and pedey would make a damn good middle infield and be the foundation of this team for many many years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Could Elvis Andrus be a possibility at SS??

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Word on the street is that the rangers are looking to move a middle infielder,an Kinsler or Elvis Andrus to open up a spot for Jurickson Profar. The sox could probably make a good offer to texas for andrus without totally depleting the farm...Now before you go talking about Andrus's 9 years and 126 million remaining on his deal think of this... The sox are presumably ready to offer ellsbury somewhere in the neighorhood of 110-120 million dollars, but i think we all know it only takes one team to go hog wild and outbid the red sox and ellsbury would be gone (Mets,Mariners,Phillies, and yankees are all possibilities) If ellsbury bolts to one of those teams why not bring on a player who bring pretty much the same things in terms of speed and leadoff ability Along with being able to play a pretty darn good SS for pretty much the same exact money you where willing to spend anyways. Andrus along with boggy and pedey would make a damn good middle infield and be the foundation of this team for many many years.

[/QUOTE]

The Red Sox are supposedly strong on future prospects on the left side of the infield.  I wouldn't mind signing a player with his skill set for a short-term rental, but the 9 years?  Heck, even 4 years is too long.  Pass.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportswizard1. Show Sportswizard1's posts

Lets just look at the left side of the infield: Bogaerts, Middlebrooks, Cecchini, Menenses, Marrero,Gibson ,Alamanzar,Frias,Welch,Guerrero,Martinez, Briscoe,and Vinicio. These are all of the SS's and 3B guys ranging from A- ball at Greenville to the big team. So I'm just guessing that neither of those two positions are of a need.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Andrus isnt even close to Ellsbury's level. Besides, how many starting SS's do we need? Andrus is a nice player, but we have absolutely no need for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Andrus isnt even close to Ellsbury's level. Besides, how many starting SS's do we need? Andrus is a nice player, but we have absolutely no need for him.

[/QUOTE] and definitely not Kinsler...not with the hobb....oops, i mean Pedroia at 2B Tongue Out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Why do people think Andrus can be traded for cheaply?

The Rangers signed him to that insane contract because they like and want him as their shortstop, not so they could trade him for even less one year later.  Its not like they had not heard of Profar at the time either.

The Rangers should trade Ian Kinsler to the Dodgers for Andre Ethier in a swap of equal players with equal contracts that exchanges each teams surplus and fills a need for the other.  This trade is so perfect it will never happen..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] and definitely not Kinsler...not with the hobb....oops, i mean Pedroia at 2B Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]

Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to Sportswizard1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lets just look at the left side of the infield: Bogaerts, Middlebrooks, Cecchini, Menenses, Marrero,Gibson ,Alamanzar,Frias,Welch,Guerrero,Martinez, Briscoe,and Vinicio. These are all of the SS's and 3B guys ranging from A- ball at Greenville to the big team. So I'm just guessing that neither of those two positions are of a need.

[/QUOTE]

It's nice to have some depth, but we're still not sure what we really have in Middlebrooks (until he can produce in the majors for a full season, he's still a question mark to me), Cecchini is a year or two away, and other than Bogaerts, the rest of those guys may never see the major leagues at all.

I think we probably enter next season with Xander at SS and Middlebrooks at 3B, but I wouldn't rule out acquiring another infielder if the right player or deal came along. (Not Andrus and his huge contract, though.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

PARDON ME MY DEAR FRIENDS ON BDC. BUT JUST A LITTLE MORNING LUNACY FROM MY CORNER. I WAS SKIMMING OVER THE NEW POSTS JUST NOW AND THOUGHT I READ THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD AS "COULD ELVIS BE A POSSIBILITY". I THINK MY EARLY INSANITY IS CATCHING UP WITH ME THIS MORNING.

CHEERS to all and to all A GOOD MORNING,

HETCH  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from echochamberbuster. Show echochamberbuster's posts

20 million will get 2 more years of the great Stephen Drew. Red Sox fans have to love that. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why Boston need to try something new.  IF Boston won it all this year, the organization should try to get everyone back to try to win it all next year. 

If Profar is a better player than Andrus, sound like Andrus is not an above average defender at SS which mean Bogaerts is just like him.  

Boston isnt going after Andrus!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

I'd rather get Drew for two years or even one if he accepts the qualifying offer.  He did a more than adequate job last season.

Red Sox 2013 World Series Champs.  Patriots 2014 Super Bowl Champs???!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Andrus is only worth the contract he signed if he improves offensively.  There are a lot of SS's with plus gloves and meh bats that don't cost nearly as much as Andrus.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why do people think Andrus can be traded for cheaply?

The Rangers signed him to that insane contract because they like and want him as their shortstop, not so they could trade him for even less one year later.  Its not like they had not heard of Profar at the time either.

The Rangers should trade Ian Kinsler to the Dodgers for Andre Ethier in a swap of equal players with equal contracts that exchanges each teams surplus and fills a need for the other.  This trade is so perfect it will never happen..

[/QUOTE]

Good Post!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Why would the Red Sox do anything that crzy?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to echochamberbuster's comment:
    [QUOTE]

20 million will get 2 more years of the great Stephen Drew. Red Sox fans have to love that. 

[/QUOTE]

I love Stephen Drew.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I love Stephen Drew.

[/QUOTE]

He loves you, too.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, it won't.  Think closer to $36M/3.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

PARDON ME MY DEAR FRIENDS ON BDC. BUT JUST A LITTLE MORNING LUNACY FROM MY CORNER. I WAS SKIMMING OVER THE NEW POSTS JUST NOW AND THOUGHT I READ THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD AS "COULD ELVIS BE A POSSIBILITY". I THINK MY EARLY INSANITY IS CATCHING UP WITH ME THIS MORNING.

CHEERS to all and to all A GOOD MORNING,

HETCH  

[/QUOTE]

Well, just because you're becoming sight-impaired doesn't necessarily mean that you aren't also crazy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

And no to Elvis, we already have Bogaerts and Marrero.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I love Stephen Drew.

[/QUOTE] hey Carn!!...missed ya thru the postseason bud...congrats on the championship!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Way to many years.... Texas to me is looking for a dump the contract thing.  Let them send him to Yankees..... That would be soooooooooo funny. The future 126 mil short stop.... lol lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Way to many years.... Texas to me is looking for a dump the contract thing.  Let them send him to Yankees..... That would be soooooooooo funny. The future 126 mil short stop.... lol lol

[/QUOTE] LOL..jeez don..is there anyone you don't have heading our way? {#emotions_dlg.tongue_out}{#emotions_dlg.wink}

Sections
Shortcuts