Could Jacoby Ellsbury become the best player in the game within the next few years?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Re: Could Jacoby Ellsbury become the best player in the game within the next few years?

In Response to Re: Could Jacoby Ellsbury become the best player in the game within the next few years?:
    In Response to Re: Could Jacoby Ellsbury become the best player in the game within the next few years? : Gonzo leads the LEAGUE in BA and HITS and total bases.    Bay???? Never close to that.  Youk???? never close to that.  What is your point?!?!?!? None of them have hit like Gonzo, or maybe you can't read stats.   Or worse, maybe you think leading in hits and BA while being a slugger means nothing???  Comparing Bay to Gonzo is just plain asinine.     This team leads the league in runs scored, and has done so before Jake was even a thought for MVP.   I never ranked on Jake for anything, but to deny he is benefiting from Gonzo and PD is totally inane.  And what's with the laughter in your post, is that how you make a point?
    Posted by soxmeister
    Who benefits from who, is like what came first the chicken or the egg? A-Gon is at the top of the RBi list in part because of having Ells and Pedey in front of him.

Ellsbury may well be the consistent hitter this team has had this year. His slumps have been far shorter than Pedey's, Youk's or even A-Gon who I think the world of because even when he is slumping he seems to get his RBI.

How much Ellsbury or any player in this line-up benefits from the others surrounding him is a matter of debate. All I know is when Scutaro is in the same batting order position the team is no where near as good, so the effect of Pedey and A-Gon only goes so far. Not having Pedy at the 2 didn't seem to matter in the last couple of days in Texas. It is only one season but it is wonderful season so far.

Regardless of where Ellsbury ranks amongst all the other players in MLB, I am glad he is on our side and his maturiation is quite pleasing to all RS fans who put the team's best interests in front of their personal feelings/ego/bias IMHO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Could Jacoby Ellsbury become the best player in the game within the next few years?

This is getting kind of ridiculous.  Fact: No pitcher wants to walk a leadoff hitter who can steal.   Fact: Sox have almost always had a great #3 hitter.  Fact: Most every good team has a great #3 hitter.  Fact: On the good teams , the hitters all help each other to look good.  Fact: Gonzalez is having a great , MVP caliber year. Fact: Pedroia is having a great , MVP caliber year.  Fact: Ellsbury is having a great , MVP caliber year.  Facts are facts. It is absurd to deny this reality. The numbers speak for themselves. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

I tried using Google Translate

You tried to use your fingers, but your brain is google ga ga.

Amusing how an Erstad year in front of 2011 Pedroia and Agon becomes "an MVP season" and "forget his career averages and forget Crawford 2010 and 2011".

Fact: OPS of .894 is not team MVP material, much less MLB. See Granderson, wrong color and wrong team. Far superior talent. Despite bad year for Crawford, Crawford is a superior talent with a slightly worse swing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Could Jacoby Ellsbury become the best player in the game within the next few years?:
    In Response to Re: Could Jacoby Ellsbury become the best player in the game within the next few years? : Ummm...this is Ellsbury's third full season.  Sometimes it takes a few seasons for hitters to develop as home run hitters.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Great point. It use to be in the NFL when a QB was drafted they would sit and watch for 3-5 years learning the craft, and now if they don't start in their rookie year they are considered failures by some. Many baseball players improve as they progress through their careers. Comparing one players home run stats to anothers to start their careers is pointless. Granderson may age early and retire early at 32, while Ells could play till he's 40. Each players career should be taken individually on its own merit to a point.

Hetchinspete.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Well, gents ... Gonzo crushed that one ... 4 Hrs, 3 days ... hope he keeps it up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Well, gents ... Gonzo crushed that one ... 4 Hrs, 3 days ... hope he keeps it up.
    Posted by soxmeister

AGon's still my pick for MVP, but what does this have to do with the thread?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I find it funny that Babe starts accusing Ellsbury of using steroids.  What a little sour puss.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Well played Spaceman ... well played indeed.  Clearly having you behind me in our lineup has made me look better than I actually am.
    Posted by 111SoxFan111

LMAO...nice sequence of posts by you and Spaceman.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

Meanwhile Granderson has had a dramatic spike in power but that is not in any way suspicious!  What a hypocrite!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from (-)TheBabe(-). Show (-)TheBabe(-)'s posts

Meanwhile Granderson has had a dramatic spike in power but that is not in any way suspicious!  What a hypocrite!

Posted by william93063

Umm...Granderson's previous high was 30 in a less hitter friendly park than Yankee Stadium. That's not a "dramatic spike"

Think much before you post?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Posted by william93063

Many forecasted 40+ homerun seasons for Curtis Granderson after he was traded from Detroit to the far more hitter-friendly confines of Yankee Stadium. Granderson's 2010 homerun total of 24 may prove to be the aberration.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

A recent photo of Babe at home taking a break from a hard day of trolling.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Could Jacoby Ellsbury become the best player in the game within the next few years? : Umm...Granderson's previous high was 30 in a less hitter friendly park than Yankee Stadium. That's not a "dramatic spike" Think much before you post?
    Posted by (-)TheBabe(-)

True that, but what about my earlier question about Jeter's first four seasons ... 10-10-19-24?
    Or Bernie Williams ... 12-12-18-29. Or Matsui, who went from 16 in his rookie year to 31.
    Again, I'm not suggesting any of them juiced. But it does illustrate how power numbers can fluctuate, especially in the early stages of a career.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Could Jacoby Ellsbury become the best player in the game within the next few years? : True that, but what about my earlier question about Jeter's first four seasons ... 10-10-19-24? Or Bernie Williams ... 12-12-18-29. Or Matsui, who went from 16 in his rookie year to 31. Again, I'm not suggesting any of them juiced. But it does illustrate how power numbers can fluctuate, especially in the early stages of a career.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Yeah, Babe often accuses Sawx fans of being homers but his own homer hat is really showing on this one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

I find it funny that Babe starts accusing Ellsbury of using steroids.  What a little sour puss.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

About as funny as you starting a thread in regard to Ellsbury becoming the best player in the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Could Jacoby Ellsbury become the best player in the game within the next few years? : Many forecasted 40+ homerun seasons for Curtis Granderson after he was traded from Detroit to the far more hitter-friendly confines of Yankee Stadium. Granderson's 2010 homerun total of 24 may prove to be the aberration.
    Posted by hill55
    everyone except Granderson...Tongue out

Sections
Shortcuts