Could next year really be worse?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Could next year really be worse?

I'm a big fan of this trade because we get to see Beckett's backside, and despite the departure of Adrian, I don't see how next season could really be worse than this one.

Time will tell.

It all depends, of course, on what we do with the money saved in the salary dump.

If we blow big $$ on free agents once again, I have no reason to suppose that we'll do any better at picking winners.

My hope is that BenC will be allowed to take the money and place MANY small bets on what will become home grown talent that pays off in the future. If we're any good at making trades, and then focus on having the best player development in baseball, I think we could do well.

What ruins the game for me is having to watch multi-million dollar crybabies run snitching on one another and never being happy with what they have.

I'd be much happier watching young players struggling to grow into bigger shoes, playing with heart and happy to be here.

Management? They should either fire BenC or let him have who he wants as a manager, and then hire a manager with his own choice of coaches and the backing he needs to do the job.
    window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Re: Could next year really be worse?

No

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

The Red Sox will not be a contender for years to come. These 5 unproven no names they got in this supposedly great trade are not going to save the franchise. So yes, they could actually be worse next year than this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

We will start a rivalry with the royals.
    Hey,we'll see players excited to be in the big leagues- refereshing.

They will tune up the rotation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Could next year really be worse?:
    [QUOTE]The Red Sox will not be a contender for years to come. These 5 unproven no names they got in this supposedly great trade are not going to save the franchise. So yes, they could actually be worse next year than this year.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

This trade really had nothing to do with what the Sox got back...if just one of these players helps they'll be ecstatic.  They just relinquished a $250 million albatross and now have flexibility to try to find guys who will thrive here.

So what I hope happens now is the Sox start looking for the solid non-superstar dirtdog type players that will make Sox fans excited again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

They've got nothing from Crawford in two years and Beckett was horrible this year. Realistically the only way they'll be worse next year is if they can't replace Gonzalez's contributions. Not to compare talent, but they could sign almost any scrub 5th starter and get Beckett's numbers from this year out of them. I'm not saying they'll be great next year, but they can't be much worse.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

No it couldn't.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

really having a hard time believing that it could. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Record-wise? Maybe.

Feelings towards the team? Not a chance.

They could go 62-100 next year and I guarantee I'll appreciate that team more than this mess.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

yes, record wise, yes

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Get rid of Lackey.

Sections
Shortcuts