Could the Sox Sign Prince Fielder to become the DH of the future?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jb12bb. Show jb12bb's posts

Re: Could the Sox Sign Prince Fielder to become the DH of the future?

Kalish will get first crack at RF next year along with Reddick.  I dont see them spending the money this offseason.  The RP market is heavy this year and they could use another guy to go with Jenks, Bard and if resigned Pap.  Id like to see young guys like Dubront and Bowden to get a shot as well.  I feel this teams spending is maxed out, and could let the young kids help soften that burden and build a strong farm system like they once had.  The system is better after this draft and lasts, but Kelly and Rizzo for Gonzo depleted the system.  Gonzo is worth that and more and will be in the RS HOF when he is done.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjgbpd. Show jjgbpd's posts

No offense to anyone, but if you could have him, who in their right mind wouldn't want Prince Fielder in their lineup?  LOL... heck yes, get him!! It won't happen, but I can dream!  :) 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Could the Sox Sign Prince Fielder to become the DH of the future?:
    Big Papi is the face of of the Boston Red Sox. I don't agree with that his numbers will slide off the second half of this season. Gonzo has been a great influence on him. I believe Big Papi will stay the course the rest of this year and keep producing. With that being said...I believe Theo will work out either a 1 year deal with an option on a 2nd year, or a 2 year deal with him with incentives built in. I don't think Prince wants to DH at this point in his career. Prince is 29 and still believes he is a good hitting first basemen.
    Posted by BKtzmn

Just a minor correction. Wish folks would check facts before they post incorrect information. Prince Fielder Jr turned 27 on May 9th. He was born in 1984.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

No for theo, he considers Fielder to be too much of his own guy....like Mo, Manny, bad fit for theo

Sections
Shortcuts